• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you tell your villagers your dream job is? ๐Ÿง‘โ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ”ฌ

S.J.

๐Ÿ’œ
Bells
Island
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Do you remember? Did you use your real job, or your real "dream job"? Something different? ๐Ÿง‘โ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ”ฌ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ’ป

I can't remember which villager originally asked me, but I put in "Tasmanian devil researcher", which is a mix of my real field, real dream job, and something I think would be fun. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I think I said architect, since I was obsessed with the idea of being an architect at the time. However, this was 2020-21, so I most likely misspelled it as "archetect".

I put mine down as "film producer" and haven't changed it since. I was almost going to make a real career out of video production, but my one semester at a university was so awful, I ended up dropping out permanently with no plans to return anywhere else. I now view it as a side hobby.

Iโ€™m pretty sure I told mine that I wanted to be an author! Being an author was my dream career for the longest time, ever since I was around 9. I loved writing so much. It was the one thing I felt I was really good at, and the main thing I was known for when I was still in school. I wasnโ€™t an amazing writer or anything, but writing allowed me to get my thoughts out whenever I verbally couldnโ€™t, and it was so therapeutic for me. Whether I was writing a personal poem or a fictional short story, writing brought me peace.

I still love to write, but I donโ€™t do it much anymore. My mental health and the past few years have left me with near constant fatigue and brain fog, which makes writing or doing anything creative hard. Itโ€™s been sad to feel like Iโ€™ve lost a pretty big part of myself and my identity, but nowadays, my dream job is working with animals in some way! My heart is leaning towards working in a cat cafe, a pet store, or as a pet groomer, but if I get to work with animals, I think Iโ€™d be content with pretty much any job. ๐Ÿซถ

The first time they asked I told them I wanted to be a professional organizer the second time they asked to confirm if it's still professional organizer I told them I wanted to be a herpetologist.

Unfortunately I'm unemployed right now but I am studying for a bachelor's degree's in zoology or biology right now. Being a herpetologist has been my dream career since as long as I can remember. When I was 11 or 12 I got really into minimalism and organizing and I wanted to be a professional organizer like Marie Kondo. My priority is being a herpetologist for my dream career but I'd still like to be a professional organizer for the second choice or possibly a side career alongside a herpetologist if that's even a manageable feat.

I just told them my dream job was my real job, a software developer, lol. Keeps things nice and simple.

They haven't brought it up in so long that I can't remember for certain, but I'm pretty sure I told them "uncle working at Nintendo" haha. My actual dream job is working at a space museum, which I used to do before the pandemic. Although uncle working at Nintendo sure doesn't sound like a bad gig either.

Back