• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your job?

I wash dishes for a local restaurant. Nothing fancy, as I never had any intention of going to college. I think schools shove it down your throat that you have to go to college to be successful. I wouldn't necessarily call myself successful, but I am happy and that is enough success in my book.

I wash dishes for a local restaurant. Nothing fancy, as I never had any intention of going to college. I think schools shove it down your throat that you have to go to college to be successful. I wouldn't necessarily call myself successful, but I am happy and that is enough success in my book.
Happiness is success in my eyes 😊 one of the happiest times of my life was when I worked in hospitality. The people make it!

I currently work in operations for one of the best financial companies in the US. As someone who was diagnosed with Aspergers (stage 1 autism) at a young age, I spent an excruciating amount of time developing myself and studying my butt off in university in order to make it here. I believe that all that hard work was worth it, however, as I'm now able to support myself well and am getting closer to having my own place.

Happiness really is success to be honest. A lot of my past jobs were okay, but I wouldn't have been happy at any of them long-term. Even if you're limited by something, don't let it stop you. If you want something career-wise and it's your dream, fight for it and don't give up. I've made it this far and I'm still working hard every day in order to achieve my dreams. And dreams only become reality through hard work, determination, and careful planning. 💚

I currently work in operations for one of the best financial companies in the US. As someone who was diagnosed with Aspergers (stage 1 autism) at a young age, I spent an excruciating amount of time developing myself and studying my butt off in university in order to make it here. I believe that all that hard work was worth it, however, as I'm now able to support myself well and am getting closer to having my own place.

Happiness really is success to be honest. A lot of my past jobs were okay, but I wouldn't have been happy at any of them long-term. Even if you're limited by something, don't let it stop you. If you want something career-wise and it's your dream, fight for it and don't give up. I've made it this far and I'm still working hard every day in order to achieve my dreams. And dreams only become reality through hard work, determination, and careful planning. 💚
I totally agree Midoriya! And I’m so glad that you’re happy, you have worked so hard to get where you are.

I’m 28 and whilst going to uni at a later age than considered the ‘norm’, I wouldn’t change it for the world. It’s been difficult but I’ve learned so much about myself in the past few years 😊

Currently working for a consultancy company but still do some freelance illustration on the side occasionally.

I’m glad you’re still doing illustrations, your art makes me happy < 3

When I was working, my job before 19 took it, was after hours housekeeping at a theater.
I'm at home now for a few reasons though and I would have ended up where I am at some point anyway due to health.
So now I just do stuff around the house carefully and I picked up gardening.

Graphic Designer! I'm going to be learning Javascript to help raise my wage and turn into a Web Developer lol. Either that or Social Media Marketer. Unsure yet but something needs to be done. I have a maxed out wage which is barely enough to survive on, unless I go to the big city which is a huge commute and I'd be miserable.

i work in accounts payable and receivable. i say "accounting" but it's really more just admin/clerical work. i pay the taxes and i pay the employees and the customers pay me. i also make sure the books dont catch on fire.

i don’t have a job yet because im a high school student but when i graduate soon im going to college for graphic design, and i plan on starting to apply to minimum wage retail jobs to help pay for it.

Last edited:
I work in a warehouse that deals with all sorts of stuff. When the pandemic was in full swing I worked so many long hours sorting food stuff, medicine, ect. I can't really say its a job to come home writing about.

I also have a lot of side-jobs. Some of them are more constant and others come and go depending on the season.

I work as a retail sales associate/cashier. It’s exhausting and stressful but I’m in a better work environment now at my new job I just started at this week than I was at my last job which I was at for 3 full months which was literally the same exact type of job but it was hard to deal with there because one of the managers was obnoxious and rude and my coworkers weren’t great, so I decided to move on and found work at a place across the street from there and so far it seems like a better work environment. The people really make a difference. It’s still stressful and tiring, it’s retail it’s always gonna be. But it’s a lot more bearable now because it’s in a friendlier environment.

This is my only work experience so far and I’m 29 due to mental health struggles over the years. I’m not staying in retail forever. I’m just using it to gain experience for my resume so I can find something else eventually. It’s a little too stressful for me to see myself doing long term but I can manage it for now.

I’d love to get a job in a library or an independent bookstore

Currently a cashier at a local grocery store chain, though I also sometimes work produce or meat departments as well. It honestly was not a bad gig at all until our new useless penny-pinching owners took over. Under their watch the company has gone downhill fast and the job is just getting way too stressful now.

I'm hoping in the future to land myself a position at Amtrak (the US's main passenger rail service) as a sleeper car attendant on one of their Western long distance routes. I haven't had much luck with my applications though, and have since started putting in applications at the station level as well hoping to at least get my foot in the door with them (also no luck there yet). From there, hopefully I'd be able to work my way up and be hired for the position from within.

I’m hoping in the future to land myself a position at Amtrak (the US's main passenger rail service) as a sleeper car attendant on one of their Western long distance routes. I haven't had much luck with my applications though, and have since started putting in applications at the station level as well hoping to at least get my foot in the door with them (also no luck there yet). From there, hopefully I'd be able to work my way up and be hired for the position from within.
I think that’s one of the jobs that you have to know someone. I personally have worked for Pittsburgh International Airport years ago. I worked at the indoor 7-Eleven on landside (the side with baggage claim). I got hired because my grandma worked (she no longer works there either) in the Aiport with a rental car company and knew the 7-Eleven store manager. During my time working there, I became friendly with the regulars (mostly the cleaners with those scrubbers). I was interested in that or the baggage handlers basically. Nothing came from my interest, but I was friendly enough with the baggage handlers in particular I pretty much had a job invite and have been asked to apply.

Good luck. I personally love the train, and I think that would be an amazing job!

I work in aquaculture. We grow zooplankton and phytoplankton indoors for a more sustainable alternative to collecting from their habitats. I majored in biology wanting to work in conservation and was really worried I wouldn't be able to find a job, so it's cool getting to use lots of the stuff I learned in school at work.

I work in aquaculture. We grow zooplankton and phytoplankton indoors for a more sustainable alternative to collecting from their habitats. I majored in biology wanting to work in conservation and was really worried I wouldn't be able to find a job, so it's cool getting to use lots of the stuff I learned in school at work.
That is so cool!!!

Back