• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What have you learned from being on TBT?

Drawdler

Profile comments open to water flowers 💐✨
Bells
Switch
4463-2469-1897
Island
Gondwana
White Pansy
White Pansy
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
I’ve thought about this for a while, and I wish I actually had the energy to rant a bit more but I’ve changed a lot in the year I’ve been on this site.

While I was growing up, frankly people around me sucked and I’m not going indepth but I have a lot of trust issues because of it. In my time here people have been really accepting and chill, and proactive about helping one another even if it’s just in the games. It’s honestly helped me to start trusting a bit. I have a long way to go and I have to work on my self-confidence for that too but it’s a huge step.
For a while there I was kinda like damn I only get along with my boyfriend, there aren’t enough good people in my life etc. but this site gave me hope I can meet more good and cool people besides my boyfriend.

Obviously it was huge encouragement for me to keep doing art too and honestly having this event has shaken off some rust on my work ethic. Very big topic there so I’ll leave it at that

I think the biggest thing I've learned is that I'm absolutely worth being listened to wholly and unapologetically. growing up as an autistic kid I was very isolated because I have a lot of niche interests (who wants to listen to a 12 y.o. rant about rock boys and chain chomps haha), not to mention people usually just make assumptions about autism/ADHD instead of actually trying to understand it. which is sad because I've always been the kind of person to try and hear others out and understand them, but I never really had that reciprocated.

but since I've been here I've met a lot of really awesome people who genuinely take an interest in what I like, and they actually listen to my struggles and understand them. I never want to take that for granted, it means the world to me honestly. 🥺💞💞💞

You know, I learned something on this site. There’s multiple places online where you can go where people share your interests and AREN’T total *******s. There’s places where you can go to digitally interact with people when people in other places would never want to talk about the things you’re interested in.

Last edited:
I think the biggest thing I've learned is that I'm absolutely worth being listened to wholly and unapologetically. growing up as an autistic kid I was very isolated because I have a lot of niche interests (who wants to listen to a 12 y.o. rant about rock boys and chain chomps haha), not to mention people usually just make assumptions about autism/ADHD instead of actually trying to understand it. which is sad because I've always been the kind of person to try and hear others out and understand them, but I never really had that reciprocated.

but since I've been here I've met a lot of really awesome people who genuinely take an interest in what I like, and they actually listen to my struggles and understand them. I never want to take that for granted, it means the world to me honestly. 🥺💞💞💞
Ahhhh this is refreshing to read, my little boy is autistic and I always worry he’s going to get bullied or not accepted but I always encourage him to express his feelings/wants/interests ❤️ I get it must be really hard being ‘different’ but you are doing amazing!!

I have learned so much here and I am so grateful for friendships and support. It has been wonderful to get to know and appreciate all the talents and qualities of people here.

I am honestly not worthy but very thankful as I have been through some dark times the last few years and couldn’t have got through it without my friends here. Thank you 💞

I learned that forums in general aren't full of *******s like Facebook, other forms of social media, and Facebook. You can ask simple questions without getting the laughing react. You can also state innocent opinions without getting attacked on your appearance and getting called derogatory terms. I like that forums aren't full of trolls who hide behind a computer screen that wouldn't say a majority of this crap to my face.

But i learned that there are alot of really cool people out there, and hopefully made friends with dome

Ive also learned to accept my style and art from very kind hearts, and sometimes wven believe in myself.

Also that there is alot of talent out there, like some art ive seen im completly blown away. Everyone is so nice and talented. I love being here.

That there more asexuals than I thought. It is a nice surprise.

that i am completely capable of making friends, acquaintances and connections with people, i just have to step out of my comfort zone a bit and actually talk to them 😅 i have struggled with making friends for most of my life, mostly because i’m convinced that i’m extremely annoying, my interests, hobbies and experiences are weird/boring/not interesting enough, i’m constantly terrified of embarrassing myself, rejection, saying something stupid, etc. i still struggle with all of these things here, and i’m sure that i annoy at least one person on here every day, but i’ve also made so many friends and wonderful memories, and i have people in my corner who genuinely like me— so, i must not be as bad as i thought :’)

That there are a lot of people here that let their shower water run while they're soaping up. Mind blown. Even if I'm the minority. Mind still blown.
Also that there are plenty of users that I've seen since I've registered that are still active, which means this place must be a nice place to be on :)

Back