• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Gold Tool was the hardest for you to get?

i personally wouldn't say the axe or shovel are hard to get. time-consuming and tedious? sure, but not hard. same with the fishing rod and net. the slingshot is the easiest, unsurprisingly. hardest for me, actually, was the golden watering can. i started decorating my town as soon as i unlocked the island designer app, which meant i already had a town packed with trees by the time i learned you needed a 5 star rating to get the golden can. since isabelle, for some reason, hates trees, i had to cut down (and later regrow) literally at least half my island just to get the recipe.

fishing rod and net. SERIOUSLY, BARRELEYE. WHERE. ARE YOU. also where are you GOLDEN STAG and GIRAFFE STAG (i remember scaring away one im crying)

slingshot was the most easy. i can get it on a couple days because i like to shoot on balloons and have jail bars around my island.

I haven't even gotten all of the gold tools yet! Probably the bug net and fishing rod because idk if I will ever be able to motivate myself to complete the critterpedia

the only golden tool I have so far is the slingshot lol, and since they are not unbreakable I’m definitely not in any rush to acquire the rest of them. but I have a feeling the hardest one for me is going to be the golden watering can just because my island is a mess and I have a lot of junk everywhere with no where to put them. I’m very bad at cleaning up. every other golden tool will be acquired as time goes by so it won’t be hard. I think I’m close to getting the golden axe though.

In this game, it's the shovel by far. If were lucky with Gulliver before the update that set a schedule, you could get it quickly. It was possible to see him up 2-3 times a week. If you were unlucky, you never saw him at all.

Now he only shows up once every two weeks, so if you just started and never time traveled-, it'd take you about 60 weeks to get the shovel.

I wouldn't say any of the golden tools were necessarily hard to get for me, some were just really tedious and took a long amount of time to actually get compared to others. The longest one for me was easily the golden shovel, which took me over a year to get despite playing daily, due to the fact I don't time travel and thus was completely dependent on Gulliver actually showing up often enough for me to get it sooner rather than later.

As for the others, the golden net/rod weren't too bad to get since I was fully invested in catching all the fish/bugs anyways. The golden watering can took a bit of time for me just because it took me awhile until I actually put in the work to get my island to a 5 star rating. I got the golden axe completely by accident early into the game since I just kept chopping at trees and breaking my axes over and over and didn't know that was how it was unlocked, lmao. Golden slingshot was pretty easy thanks to the overabundance of balloons during the Bunny Day event.

I still don't have the axe. I know I could grind for it, but... I really don't have the patience to keep breaking them.

I only have the rod, net and slingshot and I don't think any of those were necessarily hard, but they do require a bit of dedication. Looking at the ones I don't have yet, I think the watering can sounds the hardest considering 3/4 of my island is a mess, so it'll be a lot of work to turn that around.

I only got two golden tools so far, so I'll go with the golden watering can. It was the most challenging trying to get a five star rating because I couldn't quite figure out for some time where I was losing stars until I just dumped furniture all over my island. The golden slingshot isn't a problem because it's pretty much a waiting game.

I stopped bothering after the watering can and slingshot. I can't be bothered with Gulliver's nonsense just to get a shovel that still breaks anyway. I barely use either of the gold tools I have and they've both already broken multiple times.

I stopped bothering after the watering can and slingshot. I can't be bothered with Gulliver's nonsense just to get a shovel that still breaks anyway. I barely use either of the gold tools I have and they've both already broken multiple times.
Yeah like I said its still annoying how gold tools in this game break and you constantly need to have a lot of gold nuggets in case if they do. Also its really strange to me how you cannot customize them to restart your durability. That only works with normal tools and the ones you get from Nook Cranny's in the Cabinet.

I still don't have the golden shovel 🙄 so, I'm going to go with that as the hardest (or longest, in my case).

I know I have the Golden Slingshot and the Golden Watering Can. I'm fairly certain I've also acquired the Golden Fishing Rod and Golden Net. So, that leaves me missing the Golden Axe and the Golden Shovel.

The Golden Axe isn't all that crazy to earn with the method of just using a bunch of flimsy axes, I just haven't gone through the hassle of doing it. It wouldn't take that long, so I'd say it's one of the easier ones to earn even though I haven't yet.

The Golden Shovel, though, is kind of ridiculous. Not necessarily difficult, it just takes a very long time.

I'd say it's a toss-up between the Golden Shovel and Golden Watering Can. Isabelle's requirements for a perfect town were annoying, though I've had a 5-star island for many months now so it's a thing of the past for me.

They all seem pointless to earn though, since they break just like all the other tools. The only one I kind of like is the Golden Axe, just as a display piece and accessory that won't ever get used.

The critter catching ones like the Golden Rod and Golden Net. I always ignore these type of activities in RPGs because I don't have the patience to catch them all.

The shovel was the last one I got, but I would say the hardest one to get is the fishing rod just because of RNG of the rarer fish.

The Golden Watering Can was probably the hardest for me, it took me quite a long time to really get into decorating my island and following that it took a while for it to meet the requirements for a perfect town until eventually I opened the game one day, found my first Lily of the Valley and rushed to Isabelle to get the DIY.

I found the Golden Slingshot the easiest to collect, followed by the Golden Fishing Rod which was one of the first ones I got as I enjoy fishing in the game and had TT'd quite a bit to move some villagers out so picked up most of the fish quite quickly. The Golden Net was trickier as I found it harder to complete the bug critterpedia thanks to a golden stag that kept eluding me.

While I didn't really find them hard as such, the Golden Shovel and the Golden Axe were by far the most tedious to collect.

In this game, it's the shovel by far. If were lucky with Gulliver before the update that set a schedule, you could get it quickly. It was possible to see him up 2-3 times a week. If you were unlucky, you never saw him at all.

Now he only shows up once every two weeks, so if you just started and never time traveled-, it'd take you about 60 weeks to get the shovel.
I’ve been playing since March 2020. Only just earned the golden shovel last week!

I’ve been playing since March 2020. Only just earned the golden shovel last week!
As a day one player myself, I respect that! I got it on my old island before it was deleted. I got it again on my new main island since I did a trade which only costs me like 100 nmts for it, but it was worth it.

Back