• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What does your 3DS look like?

I have a Aqua 3ds :) I had/have a pink ds when I was younger and I always wanted a black one. But my parents thought black wasn't a nice colour for a young girl so I got pink ( which pink isn't my favourite colour but I preferred it more than the white one. Then literally a month later the sky blue ds model came which was so annoying.

So by the time the 3ds came out I got the blue mode cause it was blue and black hehe :p l. Then I see for some reason the US has a purple model which never came to Australia :( Which I always wanted so bad...
1646268701273.png
1646268716646.png

Then when the 3ds XL came out I was an adult so I finally got my black one 💗
1646268991210.png
1646269019271.png

I love my 3ds and I haven't played in a while but I want to start getting back into playing it again.
I kinds miss handheld consoles like this :(

My original 3ds was the XL but upgraded later to the new model and now always use that one. I normally alternate between the monster hunter and yoshi cover plates. I don't even play monster hunter but just really liked how they look and found them cheap.

Buy New Nintendo 3DS - White [Japan Import] Online in New Zealand.  B00NAW5R0I
New Nintendo 3DS Cover Plates Monster Hunter 4 Faceplate White -  nzgameshop.com
Nintendo 3ds Cover Plate - Multicolour Yoshi for sale online | eBay

My original 3ds was the XL but upgraded later to the new model and now always use that one. I normally alternate between the monster hunter and yoshi cover plates. I don't even play monster hunter but just really liked how they look and found them cheap.

Buy New Nintendo 3DS - White [Japan Import] Online in New Zealand.  B00NAW5R0I
New Nintendo 3DS Cover Plates Monster Hunter 4 Faceplate White -  nzgameshop.com
Nintendo 3ds Cover Plate - Multicolour Yoshi for sale online | eBay
I never knew those ones existed! I agree that the plates are super fun! I love the colorful ones! I have been looking at the Yoshi ones for sooo long but they are soooo expensive! I love the New 3ds!!

I never knew those ones existed! I agree that the plates are super fun! I love the colorful ones! I have been looking at the Yoshi ones for sooo long but they are soooo expensive! I love the New 3ds!!
Yeah, it is easily my favourite looking 3ds model! I bought the Yoshi ones years ago on ebay for about $20 NZD I think while they weren't insanely expensive. The monster hunter ones came in a lot of 5 cover plates I bought from another auction website for about $60 NZD. The animal crossing ones look really nice but the prices are just ridiculous right now.

I only had one 3DS, an original Flame Red one, which worked out since it was my favorite of the 3DS colors, lol. I never covered it with stickers, nor changed the theme, so here's the default image of it for simplicity:
0KgieX8.png

I only had one 3DS, an original Flame Red one, which worked out since it was my favorite of the 3DS colors, lol. I never covered it with stickers, nor changed the theme, so here's the default image of it for simplicity:
0KgieX8.png
Very classic! I think the out of the original 3ds model the red looks best! Very vibrant!

20220302_195903.jpg

Original Nintendo 3DS in Flame Red.It's still in good shape considering how long I've had it.

20220302_195740.jpg

New Nintendo 3DS Super Mario 3D Land Edition.Newegg is currently selling one of these for just under $1200.

20220302_195529.jpg

New Nintendo 2DS XL in purple and silver.The 2DS XL is probably my favorite version of all the 2DS/3DS machines.

View attachment 432746
Original Nintendo 3DS in Flame Red.It's still in good shape considering how long I've had it.

View attachment 432749
New Nintendo 3DS Super Mario 3D Land Edition.Newegg is currently selling one of these for just under $1200.

View attachment 432753
New Nintendo 2DS XL in purple and silver.The 2DS XL is probably my favorite version of all the 2DS/3DS machines.
Thats nice! All of yours look very elegant and classy! I know the N3ds prices are INSANE. I am SOOOO happy I have mine and stuff. Even just the cover plates alone are crazy. My AC ones are like 50 - 60 dollars?!?!! They retailed at 15??!?!?!?!?!?! I like the 2DS XL of yours! I never had or played a 2dsxl because alot of my friends and me had Old XL's or Smaller New editions.

I have a Mint 3ds ll. And a black and blue 2ds that refuses to charge. (Which is why I got the mint 3ds ll)
Beautiful! Sorry about your charging issue though! Electronics can be a bummer :(

I have a red New 3ds xl with a miku skin that my mom got for me because I liked anime (still do tbh). I think she got confused with all the 3ds models though and got the wrong one because the slots don't line up on the back but it still works!
1647999399858.png

I would show the inside but it's just plain red since my younger brother removed the stickers from the inside a while ago.
1647999624162.png

The stickers are starting to peel a bit, but I don't want to take them off since I really like the look. It's been years so it's not really a surprise, though. The 3DS still works perfectly! ♡

View attachment 435127
WOW! Its such a simple add on but it looks like they have always been there! So elegant and fancy!! I love it!!!!

I have a 2DS XL, got it for the orange tbh. Some random stickers featuring ATEEZ, A.C.E, and BTS. The inside has a couple little stickers, I really like the flower ones. The outside stickers catch fluff though, so I'll probably replace them later this year.

1649977824203.jpg

1649977824197.jpg

Prepare for far too many photos…
I have the white new 3ds and a bunch of cover plates including the animal crossing ones it came with and the limited edition animal crossing happy home designer new 3dsxl that I was given later. The new 3ds is my favourite, I love the coloured buttons, the off white colour, the size. The matte texture and of course the cover plates. I have Luigi cover plates, yoshi plates, achhd plates and for some reason, fire emblem fates plates.
rmuvmzX.jpg

These ones were my favourite (of the cover plates). The pastel colours and the level of detail is just too cute.

8LlxtaV.jpg

It is a bit off- white irl , I remember being pleasantly surprised by that when I got it out of the box. Very cream in comparison to the xl
vD8BSuZ.jpg
l.
IYw4uKZ.jpg
b3QFGjg.jpg

Didn't want to take more pics so here is an internet pic of the xl which is sitting in my cupboard rn.
1041617_nintendo_new_3ds_xl_animal_crossing___happy_home_designer_edition.webp

Prepare for far too many photos…
I have the white new 3ds and a bunch of cover plates including the animal crossing ones it came with and the limited edition animal crossing happy home designer new 3dsxl that I was given later. The new 3ds is my favourite, I love the coloured buttons, the off white colour, the size. The matte texture and of course the cover plates. I have Luigi cover plates, yoshi plates, achhd plates and for some reason, fire emblem fates plates.
rmuvmzX.jpg

These ones were my favourite (of the cover plates). The pastel colours and the level of detail is just too cute.

8LlxtaV.jpg

It is a bit off- white irl , I remember being pleasantly surprised by that when I got it out of the box. Very cream in comparison to the xl
vD8BSuZ.jpg
l.
IYw4uKZ.jpg
b3QFGjg.jpg

Didn't want to take more pics so here is an internet pic of the xl which is sitting in my cupboard rn.
1041617_nintendo_new_3ds_xl_animal_crossing___happy_home_designer_edition.webp
I love the New 3DS too! I just love the bigger screen of my old XL model. I use it alot though! I REALLY WANT THOSE YOSHI PLATES! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THEM FOR SOOO LONG!!! They are really expensive now though. I would have loved to get all the AC and cute cover plates but then they really just skyrocketed in price so I guess not... I love your 3DS's!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

I love the New 3DS too! I just love the bigger screen of my old XL model. I use it alot though! I REALLY WANT THOSE YOSHI PLATES! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THEM FOR SOOO LONG!!! They are really expensive now though. I would have loved to get all the AC and cute cover plates but then they really just skyrocketed in price so I guess not... I love your 3DS's!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
Right, getting cover plates these days is practically impossible! I was lucky enough to get them just before they became rare and expensive. Yeah I use my xl a fair bit as well, sometimes it is just really nice to have the bigger screens but the n3ds has always been my favourite. Your 3dsxl is suuuupper cute in that case!! I also love your cover plates, I was never able to get those animal crossing ones- love having to many beloved characters there!

Back