• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What digital art software do you use?

I use Clip Studio Paint Pro (as well as a Wacom Intuos tablet)! there are lots of good options out there, including free programs (CSP requires buying a license), but when I got my drawing tablet CSP came with it for free so that's what I use 😁

ProCreate for iPad 💯

selection tools suck on that app and I can imagine some smaller art tools might have better brushes for specific styles (cough watercolor cough) but otherwise you cant get better for the price

Used to draw in photoshop since I was used to that for image editing, but found it wasn't great for that so switched to Krita since that's similar to photoshop but better for art. I did buy CSP a while ago but I'll have to invest time to get good in that at some point...

clip studio paint, mostly. i've been using an ipad lately and ibis paint is good enough on there, but im sure there's better.

I've transitioned to doing more traditional art at the moment, but my go to for digital art is Procreate for iPad! It's similar to an older program I used to use all of the time on desktop but it has more tools and the added bonus of being travel friendly! Briefly I used Clip Studio, but I quit using it after they changed to a subscription service and started using Krita, which is a lovely (and free) open source program to use on desktop!

ProCreate for iPad 💯

selection tools suck on that app and I can imagine some smaller art tools might have better brushes for specific styles (cough watercolor cough) but otherwise you cant get better for the price

I have heard wonderful things about MaxPack's watercolor brushes for Procreate!

Currently using FireAlpaca and a combo of a Wacom tablet and generic mouse. I like FireAlpaca, but I sometimes find it's a bit laggy when trying to do curved lines when the correction is anything higher than 10. In fact, it seems to work faster with a mouse? Either way, I feel a bit limited to what I can do in it because of the lag, which is why 90% of my art ends up without any fancy background.

Clip Studio Paint I had for about a month, but I didn't invest in it given the short time frame I had for it. It seemed pretty good, I'm sure if I had the finances I'd consider buying the full version if possible.

I use ibisPaint. I don’t draw too much. I only use a phone, and it’s much more difficult to draw on something that isn’t a tablet, but the software works for what I need it for.

For drawing, I use FireAlpaca
For Editing, I use PicsArt

I am more of an editor, than a draw-er TBH. Drawing anatomy is my worst enemy.

When I make art, I use Clip Studio Paint. The software's friendlier to artists than Photoshop especially the UI. As fo the drawing tablet, I use Wacom One (with screen).

Last edited:
I use Procreate. It's great if you have an iPad and an Apple Pencil! I pretty much learned how to do digital art on Procreate.

The only annoying thing for me is the amount of layers you get in Procreate is tied to how much RAM your iPad has (as well as DPI and size of the canvas). I keep wishing I had an iPad Pro or something; if I want to have a really large canvas I can end up with only 4 layers to work with.

i went from colors 3D on the 3DS (how i started doing digital art), to adobe illustrator, procreate, to fire alpaca, and now clip studio paint.

i just switched from fire alpaca because i feel like i outgrew it, and i got a new drawing tablet that came with a two year subscription to clip studio paint. i like csp a lot, but it look me a bit to get used to. i was reluctant to use it because it looked too complicated but its like a more mature fire alpaca imo

i miss procreate a lot, i don’t use it because i can’t use it with my drawing tablet that i can hook up to my computer. but if it came out for my computer operating system i would switch in a heartbeat.

I literally can't do anything that isn't in Clip Studio Paint anymore, so if it heads in a direction I don't like or my current license gets revoked for whatever reason, I'm in trouble. They know where they can shove version 2.0, though. I'm not buying that.

I’ve been using procreate since 2021-ish. I started my digital art journey using Firealpaca and a Wacom tablet, but my mom (who’s also an artist) had trouble using the tablet, so she looked into procreate and a new ipad and we absolutely fell in love with the program! It was also my dream program after I heard about it :>

Back