• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

📚 Books! 🌐

Book Preference

• Total voters

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
Do you read books?
If you read books, do you prefer physical or digital?
Paperback or hardcover?
What kind of tech do you read your digital book from?
What genres of books do you like to read?

Generally prefer having a physical copy of a book (usually just pick the paperback version) as I just find them more enjoyable to read for some reason. However the digital versions are a lot handier so I do have a couple of books on my tablet so that if I’m on holiday and don’t want to carry lots of books in luggage then there’s an alternative. Most of the books I read fall under the crime thriller genre.

I have tons of books, but haven't read in years. Don't enjoy it anymore. I'll read things that aren't books of course, but I find that a lot of books just... don't engage me anymore. Maybe it's because the first ones I read kind of spoiled me.

However, I LOVE to write. Writing is one of my passions, and I'm pretty good at it, too.

I love reading, and will always opt for a physical paperback copy when able (easier to hold & travel with). If there's a large print version, I'll grab that so there's less stress on my eyes.

My favorite genres are thriller, mystery, romance, and literary fiction.

I'll read the occasional memoir, but only if I have a strong interest in the individual and their business/work.

I prefer physical for sure, BUT i travel a lot so digital is my most common medium. I'm very into detective, thriller, whodunnit book :)

I prefer physical books because they look nice on shelves, and I like seeing how many pages I've got through/how many I have left. I like to read horror novels, or books that people have recommended to me. Sadly, I don't have much time to read.

xDgDVNkDrJFo4HOkWp9g5aFFjWG7L933Ygkx6K9E9Sk.jpg

Reading has been one of my favorite things since I was very young, though my collection isn't quite as large as I would like due to various moves. Prose fiction, poetry, non-fiction, western comics, manga; there are very few things in life more fulfilling than waking up early as the sun rises and sitting outside with a cup of warm coffee or tea, toast or muffins with strawberry jam, and a book. It's that special sort of "me time" that allows me to cling to whatever remains of my ever dwindling sanity.

For print format, I vastly prefer hardcover. I like the weight of them and find them slightly easier to hold; plus they look nice on a shelf. I will accept paperback in a pinch, but I always hate how, by the time I'm done reading it, the cover will be permanently bent. And I also just find the texture of the paperback cover to be strangely uncomfortable to hold.

I've been telling myself for a few years that I'd invest in a decent eReader, but as of yet, I haven't. My main method for digital books currently is an old Amazon Kindle Fire that my mother originally bought to entertain my nieces and nephews the last time we went on a long road trip as a family, but it ended up not being used, so I took it for myself. The screen size is fine, but there are a few reasons I wouldn't recommend this option unless you have literally nothing else. The ad-supported nature of the device is the most obvious one, but the glare on the screen is perhaps the worst of any device I have ever used. I worry that continued use will make me go cross-eyed eventually.

As is the case with movies, my favorite genres are dramas and romance. Realistic fiction, generally speaking. Classical literature--especially late-Victorian English literature--particularly strikes my fancy. But I also like a good horror story during the spooky season, and a good mystery novel every now and then is a refreshing change of pace. I'm not as into fantasy, sci-fi, or more action-oriented prose stories due to my unfortunate history with aphantasia making those types of stories more difficult for me to follow at a pleasant pace, but I am willing to give them a chance usually.

I used to read pretty consistently back in highschool (2013ish) and onward but lately have been in a drought!

My favourite genre is YA romance, mystery, and the occasional horror. I do collect physical books (both paperback and hardcover) but own an ereader for convenience, the Kobo Libra 2. Hoping to get back into it soon!

i read lots of fanfic, and also one of my main interests is a webseries called worm... and then i liked homestuck.. wowee

I prefer physical books. I'm on my computer almost all day, so a break from the screen is appreciated.

I prefer physical hardbacks. I'm a bit of a collector and keep all of my books in pristine condition so they look nice when displayed on my shelves. Hardbacks look better and feel more comfortable to me. I will get paperbacks if I can't find a hardback copy, but it's annoying to read them because I won't open them all the way to avoid damaging the spine and warping the cover.

I don't like reading digitally because it's harder on my eyes and I already stare at a computer screen all day.

I'll read things from a lot of different genres but my favorites are: historical fiction, literary fiction, classic literature, poetry, and fantasy.

I prefer physical books because of how comfortable they feel. Even though I'm most accustomed to reading in a traditional format, I'd love to buy a Kindle one day in case I run out of space on my bookshelf. Plus, digital books tend to be cheaper, and they're convenient to get immediate access to books rather than searching for a physical copy at a library or bookstore.

My favorite genres are historical fiction, fantasy, poetry, art, classical literature, and comics.

I prefer physical copy of books, I lose my concentration with digital ones and it doesn't feel the same.

I love paper/physical books! But I don't like owning many of them because they just take up a lot of space. I usually visit my local library. So, in that sense, I really like checking out audiobooks (good for long drives) and digital books and comic books (which my parents never let me buy growing up). I'm a huge fan of this because there are never any late fees since they get returned automatically! (Also I think my local library did away with late fees since they don't really work the way they're supposed to)

I love books, reading, the whole shebang. I prefer physical books over digital, but I don’t have much of a preference on paperback/hardcover. I’ll usually just get whatever’s cheapest. My favorite genres are fantasy, anything with LGBTQ+ themes, YA romance, and action/adventure.

As for fanfiction… that’s a completely different story. I’m generally picky with the fics I’ll read, and I use exclusively AO3. (with all the filters and such, I learned my lesson with that one)

Physical books are superior than digital books. I used to like digital for manga not now that its more available I like to buy those physical too.

Physical all the way. I love to lay down and turning the pages as I get lost in the book. Never could get behind the digital books.

To own? Physical books, hardcover if possible, all the way. There's something that a digital copy can't beat when it comes to physical copies. I feel like they're a comfort.

To rent from the library? Digital, because I'm extremely germophobic. I've seen some disgusting things from my early days of renting books in the library. Not to mention how often the physical book you're trying to rent goes missing because someone didn't return it and it's always the only copy because only bestsellers have a row of 6 identical copies that nobody wants to read a few months later after the craze flickers out.

In terms of genres I enjoy fantasy, adventure, classic literature and some non-fiction.

I love reading! I got back into reading earlier this year after I haven't read a book for leisure for many years. My favorite genres are romance and fantasy.

I prefer digital, and I read from my phone. It's smaller and lighter to hold (I primarily read in bed), and I find it's more convenient for me when I take public transport. It's nice to be able to save my highlights and notes digitally, and to tap on a word or phrase to see the definition, reference, or photo.

Physical copy, I love to carry them around with me (especially when I was younger) and I like the smell of them when new. But I have dip my toes into the digital pool, it's cool but It can't replace the good old hard and paperbacks.
The genres I tend to read are YA (never too old to read it), romance and fantasy. Lately I started to read psychological books and some others.

Back