• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

📚 Books! 🌐

Book Preference

• Total voters
It's nice to be able to save my highlights and notes digitally, and to tap on a word or phrase to see the definition, reference, or photo.
That is one aspect where I will admit that digital books have an enormous advantage over physical. The ability to easily search up definitions, pronunciations, and etc. within the app itself makes it so that the disruption to the flow of read--whilst still there--is considerably less so than even searching for it on my phone with a physical book. So I can understand not wanting to part with those luxuries.

I prefer physical books for sure, I find it easier on my eyes and I really enjoy the satisfaction of seeing/feeling how many pages you have left.
I hardly ever read physical books though because borrowing digitally from the library is so easy and saves me so much money.

i like both equally. love a good physical book, but i can sneak an ebook on my computer at work if i get bored. or i can take multiple books with me on my kindle if i go out of town or something and don't want to choose between the physical books that i have.

Physical books by far. If I'm travelling and don't want books taking up space, I'll take my Kindle, but otherwise, nothing can beat a good physical book.

As for paperback vs hardcover, I prefer hardcover, since they're not as easy to ruin and also just generally look prettier.

I like reading physical copies and I try to get hardback but I don’t mind paperback. I like reading non-fiction anthropological stuff. But mostly the last few books I’ve been reading have pertained to astrology.

I read physical books.

i also picked up the first hunger games book in the beginning of December out of boredom, and I think I like it a bit too much- (I’ve watched all the movies twice, the prequel three times. Read The main trilogy twice and am currently rereading the prequel)

I love physical books. I also prefer to write on paper, I like practising handwriting and writing poetry, but since I would put fanfiction online, I end up writing digitally more often.
But I like paperback books with pictures in them, printed ink pen illustrations. with that cheap paper, nice texture. mostly fiction from 1950-1980 about wizards and strange things. my favourite was the littles, stories about a family of people small enough to ride on birds and live in the walls of a normal family's house. for some reason the author gave them all dog tails.

I do read books, although I'd like to read more. I prefer physical books, and I prefer paperback to hardcover. I'm not opposed to hardcover or digital though. I usually read digital books on my iPad. My favorite genre is fantasy, followed my crime/mystery and horror

I prefer physical books. Idk why, but I always somehow feel that I read slower when I’m reading a digital copy

i really don't mind reading digital or physical books. what i don't like is audiobooks (which i suppose does also counts as digital). i need to actually read the words off of whatever i'm reading to pay attention.

yes i read books, it took me a while to find stuff i like but now i love reading. i only read physical books; a screen isn't nearly as engaging. plus screens hurt my eyes as it is but it's especially bad to read a lot of text on it.

i strongly prefer non-fiction, like biographies and political reading. i just finished "i'm glad my mom died" by jennette mccurdy and have moved on to readme.txt by chelsea manning.

i don't really think i have a preference for paperback or hardcover? it might slightly lean toward the latter but it won't stop me from buying something lol.

Back