• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you name your island, and why?

Waldheim . It's a German word I made up (because you can do that in German) Wald = forest Heim = home I also looked it up and apparently there are cities in Germany with that name so I'm glad to know it actually makes sense lol
I was going to name it Gran Canaria but that was too long

Last edited:
I named mine Koriko after the town in Kiki's Delivery Service. I love that movie, and thought the town was really cute and picturesque. After playing about with different ideas like Lemondrop, Honeydew, and so on, I decided that Koriko was a nice fit. My boyfriend's nickname is Kiki so really it would have been better if he named his island that for some serious Kiki's Delivery Service vibes haha. I'm happy with my decision so far. I'm pretty sure I named my town in Wild World 'Fluff' so it can only go uphill from there.

I named my island ToyBox because that's literally what animal crossing is like to me. It's pretty straightforward lol.

Hollowhead, I'm basing my whole island around Coco when I get her.

I called my island Waziku. I really liked it when I saw it written, but I am still not entirely sure how to pronounce it :confused:. Regardless, it stuck!

Starset because they are the most amazing band I have ever heard, and someone here said their band name would make a good Island name. I accidentally found Starset in 2015, and been a huge fan since :p

Using ingame customization of items and patterns, I've been making merch for my town XD

Last edited:
i named my island Ulele (pronounced like "ooh-lay-lay") It's a name i came-up with for my FFXIV character, and i thought it was cute and sounded island-y!

Last edited:
I named mine Woodstock after the famous music festival from 1969. I found the history of it very fascinating, love classic rock, and just liked the name in general. :)

Elysium. Not because of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, though I LOVED the game, but because it's a close term to the idea of Heaven in Greek mythology and I wanted my island to be some sort of eternal paradise, just like the Elysian fields ♥

I named mine Kedralon! It has no particular meaning, but my friend suggested it and I loved it.

Avalon because I couldn't think of anything good and tropical sounding island name and I wanted to have my island set up before 5 pm on March 20, because I going out with friends that night. But because of the name I'm gonna go with a d20 design for my flag (if I can generate a QR code of a design that doesn't look blurry) and make a medieval sounding island tune.

Larimar! It's a gemstone that looks like ocean waves :O a lot of its origins and meanings derive from things that remind me of the essence of New Horizons, the sea and tranquility.

I love rocks and stones in general, my name is even one and my usual go-to online alias has Sapphire incorporated into it. I've been using stone names more and more for a lot of stuff lately, so it only felt right to name my island after one :>

I named my island Dewford after Dewford Town from Pokemon RSE. I was debating whether I should choose Mossdeep, Sootopolis or Dewford and went with Dewford because it has more of a tropical theme than the other two.

I named mine Beach City! I'm really into Steven Universe... and it IS an island, so it's surrounded by beaches...

Amblewood! I wanted something that feels whimsical and cosy and sounds like a real place name but isn't actually used by anyone else

Sepatunia - with hopes of it being a sprawling city center with beautiful nature trails and variety of trees at the corners. Named it because it sounded cool mainly - and wanted to do sepia + petunia in the name for no reason at all

Windmill! There's an island called Windmill Island in Gorillaz (a band) lore that i'm pretty sure was first referenced in their song Feel Good Inc., and when I first heard that song like 3 years ago it made me become a fan of them, so ig it's kind of special to me

I named my island Ardenn. I’ve always loved the name for a place. I think it’s the Shakespearean spelling of Eden, but I added an extra N to be *special*. 10/10 no regrets and I love it.

Back