• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you name your island, and why?

Altair. It's the brightest star in Aquila (pokes screen-name). It also has relation to the fox constellation Vulpeculla and they're one of my favorite animals. Altair is one of the three stars that make the Summer Triangle (the fox is in the center of it). There's even more weird "things worked out near perfect" with other things within my village that are also tied to it.

i named mine Baleine bc it sounds pretty and also means whale in french! i figured yknow marine life went with the whole island thing, so, yeah!

Mines a bit silly. It's TeeheeTiki.

My ACNL town's name was HeeHee (like a girly laugh) and I wanted something similar. It derives from this Korean animation short where three animals lived in a laughing forest. Except my version is the cute vibe is all a front and you'll probably be murdered.

And so here we are with another front vibe. Kind of inspired by Misadventures of Flapjack and the whole idealized candied island. The name is supposed to throw you off and it'll not appear what it seems. You have a good 60% survival if you hand over all your belongings or pay the high toll fee.

That's my island. Or what it will turn into..

My island is named Juniper.

I'm a witch so I wanted something related to witchcraft that also sounded like it would make a good island name. At first I was thinking of some kind of crystal, but I didn't want something quite as common. I noticed juniper was an essential oil ingredient in a body wash I use, and it sounded like such a beautiful island name.

My island is named Juniper.

I'm a witch so I wanted something related to witchcraft that also sounded like it would make a good island name. At first I was thinking of some kind of crystal, but I didn't want something quite as common. I noticed juniper was an essential oil ingredient in a body wash I use, and it sounded like such a beautiful island name.

whispers hello fellow witch!

I LOVE that name though! It's so pretty aaaa

Cavalon from Guild Wars. :)

But mostly because I've always loved the name. It makes me think of a seaside town somewhere.

Takoyaki.

Mostly because I wanted to name it after a dish. I love Takoyaki and I recently traveled to Japan. I also feel it 'sounds' good haha. It was either that or Tiramisu.

petrichor. i've always loved that word and wanted to name a town in new leaf that for ages, but it was past the character limit.

My first plans for it were Gallowdance but it was one letter too long! (My favourite song) I called my island Cathedral, because gothic architecture and stained glass is something I'm genuinely passionate about, and part of my everyday aesthetic as well as my artwork.

Eterna - It's my favorite city in Pokémon, and since my current general aesthetic is time/eternity/that sort of thing it seemed to fit perfectly in that regard as well.

I named my island Floaroma after the town of the same name in the Sinnoh region in Pokemon. The town is full of flowers in the game, and if you don't know me I'm a huge flower fanatic in Animal Crossing, so naming my town Floaroma was a no-brainer! :blush:

I named my island Agrestis, because it is Latin for a few words -- namely wild, rustic, rural and field. I've always enjoyed Latin words and my island is going to be very rustic and rural, almost wild. It also could be used to define floral in some situations as well and I absolutely love hybrid farming in Animal Crossing.

My end goal for this island is to go with a mountainous, rustic-themed rural town on an island where it hopefully blends in so well the island still feels almost wild and natural. I'm hoping it will seriously be jaw dropping and I'm genuinely trying to create something that people will recognize and remember Agrestis.

Last edited:
I named my island Rook Isle. I was going to go with something like Magix Isle to go with the theme of my New Leaf town, but it just didn't sound right to me. After brainstorming some names, I came up with "Rook", which originated from Far Cry 3 as the island's name in that game is Rook Island. I love the Far Cry series and Far Cry 3 is one of my all time favourite games, so I settled on Rook Isle (as Rook Island had too many letters, and Isle sounded cool to me lol).

Having had 'Umbra' as my go to name for a while, I just thought it wasn't fitting for an Island, so I tried 'Foomin', a name I got from my favourite cousin character in Katamari Damacy, I wasn't feeling it or pretty much anything on my Island. So I reset my game and I just threw two words that I like the look and sound of together and set the vibe of my Island, so came up with Pomeloteal and honestly, I dig it a lot. I also have oranges, so it kind of works further lol.

Hope you feel better in life again.

<HAFH> I wasn't very creative with my name. It's just "Home Away From Home"

I named mine Serenity because I wanted to have a Sailor Moon vibe, but if I could change it I would change it to something from Tales of Symphonia, like Iselia, Flanoir, Sylvarant, etc.

Spearmint because it magically popped into my mind. Also, I really love the color spearmint (or "mint") and it fits the overrall island/sea theme of the game. It's a light sea-green color and looks like this: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Back