• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you do with your VHS tapes?

I still have mine, they're stored away in a box in my closet. My VCR and old DVD player are not boxed up...yet.

upgraded to DVDs and now 4k/Blu-Ray combos for things with limited availability or tied up in licensing with streaming services i don't sub to

otherwise i just stream or buy a digital rental or actually buy a digital copy permission. DVDs became the standard when i was 7 (2000 or so) so I definitely had VHS experience and I never want to again

They’re in storage or binned about fifteen years ago. The movies might have been donated to thrifts.

I am pretty sure my family threw them out years after I moved out which is a shame because I had several of the Disney animated movies that came in the plastic white cases and a few Goosebumps tapes and I’ve heard those can fetch some pretty good prices when they have the case. At least 16 of the animated Disney movies that were released on VHS and the first print of them too.

We have some old Sailor Moon VHS from my sister. It's crazy cuz they have like two episodes per VHS, or just one movie which is more understandable. I love their designs though.

s-l1600.jpg

2002 kid here. I think I watched them as a very small kid but I don’t have any strong memories of them. My mom and dad probably just sold them at some point. I love VHS tapes though. Like Bug said I really adore the vibes. I would love to have a CRT TV someday and maybe even make my own VHS tapes (currently watching We’ll Be Right Back, an analogue horror series made with blank VHS tapes :3)

Unfortunately, I no longer have a functional VHS player. As such, the VHS tapes have just been sitting around in storage for years waiting for me to go through them and/or just pitch them. I've thus far figured that I might try to track down a VHS player before just tossing them though. Granted, since VHS players are no longer manufactured, I'd only be able to find one on like eBay or some other such place. Admittedly an inferior format compared to DVD, Blu-Ray, streaming, etc. but I dunno, maybe it's just some nostalgic affection for the format since they were still in use when I was a kid in the 90s and early 2000s.

I collect them, not really much in comparison to my anime dvds but anytime i see them at second hand stores i scoop them up right away much of it is street fighter or gundam but its getting there to be big soon enough one day.

We had a bunch at my house. We still watched them in the 2010s… until our house burned down in 2014 and we lost them all!

We had a bunch at my house. We still watched them in the 2010s… until our house burned down in 2014 and we lost them all!
Aw damn, that’s an awful situation.🫂 I hope that you are happy where you live now.

Back