February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
My housing area and my museum area are both looking great, but I can't decide what to do with my shops! I thought about terraforming a cliff and sticking both shops up there, but I only have 2 inclines left so I'm hesitant to do something else that would involve using up an incline.

just wanted to see what everyone else did with theirs!

I kept it very simple and put them both right nest to RS :) The way my island formed, RS is only 10-15 tiles north of the airport, which means you can see the stores as you walk out of the airport. This means I have a nice shopping district super close to where visitors arrive, which has helped a tonne with trading/shopping. It also gave me a cohesive way of decorating the area :)

It depends on where you want to place them. Typically, I know many (including me) who have put it close to resident services since it would give it that town-like vibe where all the buildings are close to one another. I opted to have Ables and Nooks parallel to each other, and with resident services just in the centre.

I would probably recommend doing the same thing, but if you do want to use the inclines, you can create like a mini shopping district that has both stores, and you could add in little tidbits like a cafe using stalls. It really comes down to the layout of your island, and what room you have to work with.

I tried to make like a boardwalk thing out of them right next to the airport. Was gonna leave room for a potential future Cafe next to Able Sisters but that didn't work out lol. I definitely need to get more cohesive seating/tables for the area, but don't have any of the iron garden DIYs atm and I hate how resource-intensive the natural garden stuff is lol

Yes that's a secret turnip storage area behind the shops. There's a gnome next to the crafting table because I've started putting all the different gnomes next to my crafting tables, they guard the art of the craft

EZ7tYs5UYAAUwFk

EZ7tYtEU0AAIHqM

EZ7tYs7UcAEgLZa

I clustered by shops with my resident center and airport. I wanted to create a central area of my island and then have it branch out to hidden spaces that you had to discover :)

I did my homes and shops in a neighborhood community style. I did not want my villagers spread out far from each other. I find it more lively this way to see them all as a close knit community. If I can get the picture downloaded later I will show them. Basically, in the center going bottom up. I have Nooks, then Sisters followed by a Community Spruce tree. Surrounded by cherry speakers and benches for an enjoyable relaxing time. Then around the shops are the house. A column of 3 houses on each side with a row of 4 at the top. Nice walk ways and will add more environmental decorations later. Oh and bamboo speakers behind every house. This uses up the negative space you normally don't see behind the house as well as prevents weeds and fossil spawns. Not to mention gives music all around. :D

I did this in a small area of the island. Leaving the Resident Center, Museum and Campsite on the largest portion where I am doing several sectioned off gardens. Like my 20x20 rainbow flower garden I just finished last night.

Along the top half of the map. I have player homes, a shrine hill with water falls, double tall waterfall leading down from high cliffs and a fruit tree orchard.

I designed all this to look nice but be more functional. It's not as glamorous as a lot of players or even natural. It is very man made looking, but I wanted it to be easy to do everything I wanted.

-------------

Here is a museum design I though of doing but didn't you might like. The museum is tall. Blocking view behind it. So make it a Museum on a hill along the back side of your island. Build up a lv 3 high hill along the back of your island. Start with an area you size and spot you want the museum. Then build out the hill from there. If I remember correctly. The museum is 4x7. You can add nice water falls leading down with the ramps going up. Maybe dino's as you climb or monuments. Who knows. It gets rid of the negative space behind the museum and makes it stand out as a bigger fixture.

my shops are pretty...eh.
I have a path from one beach to the other. They are placed on that. They aren't landscaped very much. Orginally I had seats and stuff but I got tired of it.

I wanted my Nooks (and Able’s) very close to the Airport. But I also wanted to take advantage the large peninsula and large flat gray ledge that were down in the same area to set up a shopping/entertainment district. I did end up terraforming a cliff spot for the two shops just to make the area more varied. But I had the inclines to spare.

I currently have Nook's Cranny in front of Resident Services (which is to the left of the airport), while the Able Sisters are on my peninsula. I've kept the latter there since the beginning because it reminded me of how their store was always really close to the beach/ocean in the GC game.

Mine are in a verticle line, starting just before the beach with a giftshop where I keep diys when I have people over, and moving upwards to the Able's and Nook's Cranny. Not sure where I'd put Leif if he gets his own place (I have a little space towards the upper left of Nook's Cranny that I could make a tiny garden around, maybe), but if Brewster isn't literally within the museum he'll go along the right side of my plaza.

I made a heart shaped cliff area and put nooks cranny and able sisters up there. i plan to either put the museum next to it or elsewhere idk yet

My shops are on the north side of my island, far from the Resident services and the airport. I don't have anyone to play with, and most visitors I had are traders.

Back