• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does AC inspire your real life decorating?

ShawnFuzz

In Colorado, under my cats rule.
Bells
Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
I was wondering if you take any inspiration from decorating in the game into your real life home?

For me, I never would have thought to have an area rug in my home. There were never any in my home growing up, or since. But after using rugs to add more life to my in-game house, I decided to buy one for my real home in front of my sofa, and I love it!

Do you have any examples?

There are so many cute furniture items in New Horizons!!!!

Something that has inspired me is all the cute shelving that you can place on the wall and some of the wall art.

It makes me want to have more wall art and floating shelves that I place plants on or other items.

Sadly, I can't expand the size of my bedroom, otherwise I would do just that to add more stuff to my room. XD

It does make me want to change furniture, if I had enough money, I would love to change my bed, and somehow. Put it lenght ways against my wall, so I have more room in the middle.
It makes me wish I could take everything out of my room and redo, so I guess it does make me wanna spring clean and remove furniture XD

Makes me wanna have more different bed covers?

Strangely, decorating is something on my mind right now since there is something right now that require it. I know the decorating in this is quite...different than in real life so no, no ambient sounds or magically expanding rooms. However, decorating in this game makes me feel better about placement. I find that some things go together and some do not. Some are better in odd numbers, like in 3's. That sort of thing so yes, I think it has helped.

playing a bunch of HHP has made me want to take the time to make my irl room look nicer! I was gifted a bookshelf (one of those ones you assemble yourself) to start, and I'm hoping to get some more wall decorations like posters for my room! I also love decorating with plants in HHP so I'm hoping to get some more plants for my room besides a lone succulent.

I use Animal Crossing as an interior designing outlet, so my house is nowhere close to being as nicely decorated as my house in Animal Crossing LOL

I suppose the only thing that is similar is I like to seek out vintage or older looking items, in real life and in AC. I only decorate with older type furniture in AC, such as the elegant series, or cottage core type items, since I love those in real life too.

This is an interesting question! No, I don't think it does. I think my IRL decorating affects how I decorate in AC, though! It would be nice to have an endless storage that I can draw from at random to decorate my real home though, haha.

yeah i think i would have to agree with what gabby posted here. i've always been pretty artistic and aesthetics-oriented, so i think my in-game decorating reflects how i would already decorate my personal spaces in real life.

though i wish like half of the in-game furniture and decorations were readily available for me and that they wouldn't cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars lmaooo, blue imperial set please come to me

Back