• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What did you cook or bake today?

This definitely doesn’t qualify as baking, but I put a cinnamon roll in the microwave and ate it. The closest I get to baking are those instant noodles.

So I have baking mix sitting in my house, unsure what all I could use it for beyond the fact I heard you could use it for all kinds of stuff.
Well... :sneaky:
I discovered today you can make pizza crust with it and some boiling water (and olive oil to taste if you desire). Guess what I am going to try out tonight...
A small bisquick pizza. It'll be bbq because that is what is sitting in my fridge, but hey! if it goes well.. I can get regular pizza sauce later or cheese sauces for all kinds of pizzas for the future. I would really like to go for the pizzas that aren't easy to find that are more healthy. spinach comes to mind :p

My hubs is a big fan of pizza, so this could give another dinner option that is cheap. (and maybe he will stop buying pizza bagels)

recipe: two ingredient pizza dough, pat and bake
Use 1 tablespoon of olive oil too if you want more taste.
----
turned out dry, needs more liquid so trying again tonight. Otherwise it seemed fine so that's cool for us.

Last edited:
I made chicken fajitas, corn, and a failed cheese sauce...it was too viscous, but at least I know what to change next time.

I messed with getting the bisquick pizza dough recipe better. This turned out much better:
3 cups mix, boil 1 cup water, mix. Then after it cools down add one egg, mix then add 1/4 cup of more mix.
It really needed the egg to help it not break apart after it is baked. This is also bigger.

I'm (trying) to make a pot roast. I'm trying to because our power keeps going out and I'm making it in the instant pot. I think it might have cooked enough but I'm not sure

This:

PXL_20221028_172754957~2.jpg apple coffee cake 🍂🍎🍂🍏🍂

Back