What did you cook or bake today?

This definitely doesn’t qualify as baking, but I put a cinnamon roll in the microwave and ate it. The closest I get to baking are those instant noodles.

So I have baking mix sitting in my house, unsure what all I could use it for beyond the fact I heard you could use it for all kinds of stuff.
Well... :sneaky:
I discovered today you can make pizza crust with it and some boiling water (and olive oil to taste if you desire). Guess what I am going to try out tonight...
A small bisquick pizza. It'll be bbq because that is what is sitting in my fridge, but hey! if it goes well.. I can get regular pizza sauce later or cheese sauces for all kinds of pizzas for the future. I would really like to go for the pizzas that aren't easy to find that are more healthy. spinach comes to mind :p

My hubs is a big fan of pizza, so this could give another dinner option that is cheap. (and maybe he will stop buying pizza bagels)

recipe: two ingredient pizza dough, pat and bake
Use 1 tablespoon of olive oil too if you want more taste.
----
turned out dry, needs more liquid so trying again tonight. Otherwise it seemed fine so that's cool for us.

Last edited:
I made chicken fajitas, corn, and a failed cheese sauce...it was too viscous, but at least I know what to change next time.

I messed with getting the bisquick pizza dough recipe better. This turned out much better:
3 cups mix, boil 1 cup water, mix. Then after it cools down add one egg, mix then add 1/4 cup of more mix.
It really needed the egg to help it not break apart after it is baked. This is also bigger.

I'm (trying) to make a pot roast. I'm trying to because our power keeps going out and I'm making it in the instant pot. I think it might have cooked enough but I'm not sure

This:

PXL_20221028_172754957~2.jpg apple coffee cake 🍂🍎🍂🍏🍂

Back