• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your opinions on this game?

I was never able to get into Pocket Camp. I wasn’t really into the item collection aspect of the game, and idk, the mobile format didn’t really stick to me. Maybe I should try it again, it’s been a few years.

It was my first animal crossing I thought it was super adorable. I loved having many villagers I liked, and taking cute photos.

However I do call it the biggest Freemium game I've ever played. Prices are big, there's lots of cloths that are only pay to buy. Which turns me off, one of the reasons I love Phone Destroyer is because the clothing doesn't require freemium pay, if you have enough points you can only get through battling, you cant buy them. then you can get it. No freemium needed, it's an option, but you don't have to wait, or pay for cool stuff.

In pocket camp it can be played as a chill game, but unlike PD, all the perks, subscriptions, cute outfits, will have you paying if you want items. You can get tickets in the game, but it will barely be enough.

Second biggest complaint I have is the major waiting you have to do to unlock stuff. Like amiibo visitors, villagers won't move in until you make stuff. But some stuff takes a ridiculous amount of time. You can't even really do much until it's made. Unless you pay to skip or get a membership.

So it's a fun game, I like it. You can play it freemium or not. I don't play it much anymore, but I still like it.

I played it extremely consistently from when it came out till new horizons came out, and then I basically never touched it again. I tried recently to pick it up again but I was pretty bored, partially because I have the max of all materials so im never collecting anything really, and because my friends stopped playing it years ago. All of the fun of pocket camp (for me) I can now get in my hacked ACNL town, so I don't get any value out of the game anymore. I kind of feel that way about all of the Nintendo mobile games, I was SUPER into all of them when they came out (Miitomo my love I miss you) and I got a lot of enjoyment out of the games themselves and all of the platinum coins you could get but I don't get anything out of any of them anymore tbh. In 2017 I would play the Nintendo mobile games ALL THE TIME. e
Even if I wasn't playing the game for fun, I could farm platinum coins with it and redeem those for 3DS themes and 3DS/WiiU applications and discounts, but now I always have thousands of platinum coins and nothing to spend them on. The switch should have themes and you should be able to redeem platinum coins for them. I got really off topic.....

I actually really enjoyed this game when it came out, and it encouraged me to try New Leaf, and get into the rest of the series! It feels like a very limited version of AC: New Leaf, or Animal Crossing in general. It still had so much of the charm though despite the limitations.

The thing is, I didn’t mind waiting for the crafting times or building times. But the introduction of the gacha mechanics (fortune cookies) turned me off. It makes sense that as the game continued, they would add stuff like that to make more money, but I wasn’t used to it at the time.

Also, I lost access to the device I was playing on, and I didn’t have a Nintendo Account, so I lost a bunch of progress the 1st time I played. There was also another time I played the game, and I couldn’t update it anymore, because of the AR camera feature that was added, which my device didn’t support :/. Several years later, I gave it another shot, with a device that actually worked with the game! Sadly, I couldn’t get into it anymore. The events were the exact same as I remembered (I was hoping something would change by now), though they were more generous with the items; it just felt like a furniture collector. (and did they really need to add a subscription service ;-; )

It's good for a mobile game. Sure, there are things you could pay for but you can earn them for free if you don't mind the grind.

There's only three events which rotate and they can get pretty dull. You grow flowers, go fishing, or collect gyroids in scavenger hunts.

It can't compare to the main games but hey, it's on your phone and you could play AC during breaks and whatever.

I dislike the scavenger hunts because you would need to get into the quarry to collect more gyroids but my friends list never pulls through. You need five people to help you get into the quarry (you tap an icon when you see a request for help). I could get in if I spent 20 Leaf Tickets but I don't wanna pay real money for tickets.

i played for a few months just to check it out. i did find it fun at first but slowly u do hit a wall and things start to take longer and become more tedious (at least in my experience). i also don't enjoy the microtransactions and needing to rely on rng to get my perfect build. it just wasn't the animal crossing experience i'm used to. i still love looking at people's beautiful rooms and builds on reddit/other social media though. i hope they bring these furniture ideas into the next animal crossing entry.

I used to play Pocket Camp but not anymore. I get easily overwhelmed by free-to-play mobile games like this one because of their advertising (even though there aren't any pop-up ads here), microtransactions, and how overbearing they are in general.

Back