• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your opinions on this game?

I think it's an ok game for a mobile game. I played a little bit of it aftering hearing about how many liked it and people commenting on the items that are on it. I got curious. I didn't spend any money and you don't really need to from what I've seen unless you really want something in particular.
I do feel like it is different enough from NL and ACNH. But NL or ACNH are more worthy of a players time impo.

I haven’t played it, but it looks cute. I will definitely keep other people’s reviews in mind.

I think it's fine for a mobile game. My main problem comes with the fact that many of the newer villagers are acquired by the Gulliver's ship system. I've personally found kudos to usually be hard to obtain, especially when I returned after a sizably long hiatus. The whole crafting mechanic ended up becoming kind of underutilized since we just kept crafting the same things over and over, with the occasional reissue crafting.

i’ve had an off-and-on relationship with it since it was released lol, but pocket camp is pretty fun imo! i haven’t played since 2020 as the constant new events and items being released is too overwhelming for me, but it helped scratch that animal crossing itch i had while waiting for new horizons to come out, and it’s overall a decent game. it’s almost exactly what i imagined an animal crossing mobile game would be like tbh haha.

Eh. That's the opinion I have at the moment, since I stopped playing a while ago. I was only ever interested in Pocket Camp because I haven't owned or even played any of the REAL Animal Crossing games at that point. Now I own all five of the main games, and I carry around New Leaf with me wherever I go. Kinda renders this mobile game pointless in my eyes. It is nice to see NL's art style present in higher quality in this game, though.

I go back and forth with it. I will play for awhile and then life will get busy and I will forget about it for awhile . There are some really nice items but I won’t pay for them. I have gotten lucky and able to get some of the nicer items from gifts from friends. It’s one of the games I play while on my break at work.

I just started recently and have been overwhelmed by the sheer number of things to do. My attention span is somewhat limited so I don't really know where to begin. Just want to fill it with a bunch of cats eventually (started with Rosie of course), once I figure out what to do.
I do love the New Horizons crossover items though.

I really liked the game when it was first released, before the fortune cookie items became a part of the game.
I'm the kind of person who likes to look through lists of all available items, pick all my favourite must haves, and decorate with those.
With the fortune cookie items it's no longer possible, so it ends up being like every other mobile game to me: frustrating

Been playing this game intensely lately. Invited Merry to my campsite and currently maxed friendship. Will have to craft something to raise friendship any further. Now that I've figured out a lot of the game I LOVE it! 💜💖 So much to do and it's so relaxing. My only quibble is how fast I burn through leaf tickets. I like to alternate between this game and Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary. 🦋

I had played it for like two or three days when it first came out...and lost interest fast because of all the time gates to do anything. I have always wanted to give it a second try because it sounds like such a cute little decorating game (and it seems like there is more to do so it isn't like, shaking a tree and waiting three hours to shake it again) from what I hear??? But phone space is an issue and I don't feel ready to uninstall my current mobile game just yet. Maybe one day.

I've never played Pocket Camp but ice been debating it because all the items are so amazing and way better than New Horizons. I wish they would add those in NH, but I haven't played NH in months anyways lmao.
Does anyone know if old items get reruns, because there's a lot of items I want that I missed so that's also a reason I'm debating playing it and trying it out o~o

This game has microtransactions and its like they tease with all these monthly subscrptions just to do more in the game and gain access to new content. It rubbed me the wrong way and I don't ike how this game got more new content while ACNH was left in the dust.

I played for a while when it first released but quickly lost interest. I found the grind quite hard and it got repetitive very fast. There wasn't too much going on in the game and it was very bare-bones at the start.

I've recently picked it up again to grind platinum points and I'm hooked back in again! There's so much going on now with loads of items and events to do. The items, clothing and furniture are just adorable, and it makes me with ACNH had more variety like this game does. I'm enjoying it a lot more this time round.

However there's still the problem of the with RNG and pay-to-win with events and items. Leaf tickets and some of the subscriptions are ridiculously expensive, and the fortune cookies are the same. A lot of the cool add-ons like changing your camp layout are expensive, and before you know it there's more layouts to buy lol. Wouldn't be so bad if it was a couple dollars, but you could go nuts and spend hundreds if you wanted to. Having said that, there's still lots of stuff you can get for free and plenty of content to play around with.

I don't really like it. I know I'm going to sound like a boomer for this. But I hadnt even played very long until the app asked me to download data? Or give it data? I don't even remember because it was several months ago but it made me very uncomfortable and I didn't want to give any app my personal information more than I already do. This is why I don't use most social media apps. I don't want my animal crossing games to end up gobbling my personal info like the rest of the apps. :/

If I were to rank every animal crossing game including spin-offs, this game would be in 6th place. It’s pretty okay, but it’s also very bare bones. The same three events happen every month with no new spice or anything besides the furniture or location of the fishing tourney. There are also a lot of things I think they should add. Actually I’m not going to list all of it because it’s really long. Anyway, there could be more variety and even though I do play the game daily it’s still not that exciting for elongated periods at a time

Last edited:
Its a good game to pick up when you're bored, i play it, but not everyday. I personally dont mind the microtransitions because you can get a fair amount of money just by playing and putting some effort, so its not pay to win imo. What bugs me is the repetitive events! NINTENDO, I'M TIRED OF FISHING AND COLLECTING 1000 GYROIDS JUST TO BUY A DRESS! the activities just arent fun like in other AC games. It has lots of potentional if they only added minigames and new stuff to it.

I played it not that long because I hate microtransaction and it's the wrong way for videogames in general.

I love the furniture tho! They have beautiful things I would love in NH! But come on why always pay to win? I pay rather 10 euro once and have everything but yeah everything is about profit.

I played it for a bit when it was still new, but it got boring for me rather quickly. The furniture and item variety in the game is incredible though, and there are plenty I wish had made their way to New Horizons. I'm a bit bothered by the fact that this game is still getting updates after all these years, while the flagship Animal Crossing game, New Horizons, had support dropped so quickly in comparison.

I’m not a fan of mobile games (especially when it comes to them showing banner/pop-up ads; that right there is my biggest pet peeve regarding gaming period, though Pocket Camp doesn’t have any ads), but from what I can say from the few times I’ve played it, it’s a very chill experience despite not following the usual Animal Crossing formula.

This game does surprisingly more than New Horizons when it comes to how villagers interact with furniture. Good examples include them actually playing instruments (holding guitars, playing drums, etc.), sitting in pools/bathtubs, cooking over fires, and so on. These are cool features that could’ve been implemented in New Horizons, but all we were left with is more of the same-old usual stuff.

I don’t play Pocket Camp often because I’d much rather play it on a bigger screen like I can with New Horizons, but I don’t have a tablet that can run it, and I don’t have a huge desire to get a new one at this time. Pocket Camp is not like the mainstream games where it’s easy to get yourself hooked due to its simplicity, and I’d say the mobile game is more complicated that what I’m used to. It’s a higher learning curve for me, which is probably another reason why I don’t revisit it often.

Despite the game releasing in 2017, it still sees regular content updates, which is cool if you really want new Animal Crossing stuff to play with. I would like it myself if I played it more often, but I need the game to be on a dedicated device other than my phone for me to fully enjoy it.

Back