• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your opinions on this game?

Meadows

Soon, I will be resting in a field of flowers.
Bells
Switch
5526-4266-2509
Island
Mizukawa
Apple (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
I was just wondering what peoples opinions are on this game? I see a lot of new stuff being added to the game, but I also hear there's a paywall which I don't fully care for. What do you think of the gameplay over all?

I wasn’t a fan of it, honestly. It was fun for a bit, but it got old quick. I thought it could have been better had it been more like the main series games, although those games probably aren’t best suited for mobile. I think Pocket Camp was all that it could be for a spin-off.

I wasn’t a fan of it, honestly. It was fun for a bit, but it got old quick. I thought it could have been better had it been more like the main series games, although those games probably aren’t best suited for mobile. I think Pocket Camp was all that it could be for a spin-off.
Fqir enough! Thank you for your thoughts!

I really enjoyed it while I played and kept up with it for a decent amount of months. I think for me it was a great way to keep in touch with friends and enjoy helping each other out to get the items we wanted to create a nice aesthetic. The items are incredibly unique and still the best in the franchise to date, I had high hopes that the game had set the standard for NH items but alas that was not the case. I occasionally still go back on to check on fortune cookies and events but haven't had a ton of time for a while. Hopefully, I can get right back into it in the future. The ACPC players on the tbt discord are amazing and super friendly, it's always fun posting what we got in our 'free cookies' each day. I am not a fan of microtransactions, I was very disappointed when it was introduced to the game and I refuse to ever buy anything in the app. However, this has not hindered the enjoyment of the free game for me. So while it is not a main series game, I think it makes for a very good mobile game.

Pocket Camp was the first AC game I played, and I really loved it. New events and goals are updated frequently, and they don't require you to pay anything, which is a really positive feature.

However, there are fortune cookies to get exclusive items, or leaf-ticket only items you can order, which can be a significant paywall to get some of the best/most interesting items.

I stopped playing Pocket Camp when New Horizons came along, and I really love NH, and find it so much better value for money. For some it's really easy to play Pocket Camp without making any RLC transactions, but I get quite tempted!

I started playing again a few days ago, and I'm enjoying it. The things that I like most about PC are the frequent updates, which keep the game interesting, and the design element. It's really a decorating game, where you have different areas that you can decorate and change as you collect more furniture.

There are other things I really like too though: fishing is much easier in PC, you can unlock new villagers with maps, building up friendship with villagers (which also builds up your own level), Happy Home Academy scores, and there are sign in bonuses.

All in all, I really like it, but there's probably a lot more to do when you're a lower level, which means you might be less tempted by the paywall? Either way, I know there are people who don't purchase anything with RLC, and I think there is plenty to do on PC without paying anything. 😊😊

This. I did give it a go before acnh was released, but I just couldn't LOVE it, you know? I stopped playing after a couple of weeks and went back to NL til acnh dropped.

I like it, I don’t play it much though. It’s more of a game I’ll play on the train or bus.
I love the items you get from linking it to ACNH, I just wish you could get special items in pocket camp without having to spend real money on them.

I’m honestly enjoying this much more than NH. It does annoy me things like 3 hour cooldown when doing fishing for fishing tournament; you can’t just get the event done in one go. Also some furniture costing tickets and backgrounds for your campground :(; not to mention no interactions for the player with furniture. But I still like it a lot especially with friends :). I like looking at the furniture a lot and collecting them ☺️. so impatient for next day fortune cookies that cost with bells. i love the fortune cookies so much.

I like it, I don’t play it much though. It’s more of a game I’ll play on the train or bus.
I love the items you get from linking it to ACNH, I just wish you could get special items in pocket camp without having to spend real money on them.
Sounds like something I'd probably do.
Post automatically merged:

I’m honestly enjoying this much more than NH. It does annoy me things like 3 hour cooldown when doing fishing for fishing tournament; you can’t just get the event done in one go. Also some furniture costing tickets and backgrounds for your campground :(; not to mention no interactions for the player with furniture. But I still like it a lot especially with friends :). I like looking at the furniture a lot and collecting them ☺. so impatient for next day fortune cookies that cost with bells. i love the fortune cookies so much.
Depending on how the fishing tourney is done, I can understand a cooldown if it involves multi-player.

The fortune cookies do sound neat.

This. I did give it a go before acnh was released, but I just couldn't LOVE it, you know? I stopped playing after a couple of weeks and went back to NL til acnh dropped.
Fair enough.

I’m not a huge fan of all the money grabbing schemes used for it, but it IS playable and enjoyable enough to play without paying if you so desire imo. I kinda just pop in and do whatever events have items I find cute once in a while. Recently have been grinding it again because I’m hoarding up leaf tickets for when Halloween rolls around! It’s a nice way to take up time when I have nothing else better to do lol.

I’m not a huge fan of all the money grabbing schemes used for it, but it IS playable and enjoyable enough to play without paying if you so desire imo. I kinda just pop in and do whatever events have items I find cute once in a while. Recently have been grinding it again because I’m hoarding up leaf tickets for when Halloween rolls around! It’s a nice way to take up time when I have nothing else better to do lol.
Makes sense. I just started it, and I'm still kind of confused on everything, but U don't think I will take the game too seriously.

I enjoy it. The gameplay loop is more about acquiring furniture and designing your campsite and cabin, so if you enjoy the design aspect of AC, there's a lot to like. There are a lot of terrains and wallpapers/flooring to make just about anything you want. There are some bad elements with micro transactions (the special fortune cookies are basically a lottery), but from a design aspect, it may be the strongest in the series.

The spaces people create are really impressive. Here are a few:

i dont think my opinion matters that much since i haven't played it a lot. i got pocket camp after it released, i've barely touched it. i deleted and downloaded the game several times and the beginning just bores me. i haven't really given it a proper chance but it just bothers me like everyone else that you have to pay real money for some stuff. i definitely like the game's furniture tho

I really like the game I got it the day it cone out and I am still playing it I like the events and I love the stuff you can put in your campsite

I enjoy it. The gameplay loop is more about acquiring furniture and designing your campsite and cabin, so if you enjoy the design aspect of AC, there's a lot to like. There are a lot of terrains and wallpapers/flooring to make just about anything you want. There are some bad elements with micro transactions (the special fortune cookies are basically a lottery), but from a design aspect, it may be the strongest in the series.

The spaces people create are really impressive. Here are a few:

Thank you for that.

i dont think my opinion matters that much since i haven't played it a lot. i got pocket camp after it released, i've barely touched it. i deleted and downloaded the game several times and the beginning just bores me. i haven't really given it a proper chance but it just bothers me like everyone else that you have to pay real money for some stuff. i definitely like the game's furniture tho
Every opinion matters ^.^
I completely understand your feelings on the whole microtransactions aspect.

I do enjoy the game, mainly getting items that aren't in New Horizons (As far as I know, only started this March) but I do agree that waiting the three hours for tournaments really bothers me.
I just don't have the free time to go on this game every three hours, and I get to almost the end when I ALMOST get the really cool item but I never do.
Like just now with this Jack's fishing tournament, thought I was going to get the horoscope thing but I got a rug instead. Definitely wont be up in the next three hours either ;_:

My phone can't even run it anymore if that's any indication. Like it's literally not supported anymore when it was before. Any app that does that automatically gets a thumbs down from me. I did get enjoyment out of it before that though. It gets repetitive like any app, but it was nice to decorate the main camping grounds.

I find it really cute and it was fun when I played it but I ended up getting really burnt out and I get so overwhelmed when I try playing again. Plus, anything that I want in regards to decorations or outfits costs money which takes a lot of fun out of the game for me. I would like to try playing again sometime soon but I really have no motivation to at the current moment!

I finally downloaded it to my phone and while it's cute, I don't think it will replace ACNH or ACNL for me. I don't really like playing this type of game on a phone. I didn't like FarmVille either. I would really rather not have to pay to have a monthly subscription or whatever. I'm already paying for Nintendo Online. Too bad the cost of Pocket Camp isn't included in that (as far as I know).

I played this game back when it launched early in Australia and stuck with it for almost 2 years. I LOVE the variety of items! The music is cute and the ability to swap whatever animals you want in your campsite makes this game special in my eyes. No more having to decide on permanent residents. You can have as many animal friends as you want and they'll always be around to hang out.

I kept up with all the monthly events since launch but at some point I had to skip one of them because I was busy. And then another. And then it got to a point where I realized that I actually don't like the events at all... They feel like a responsibility and the limited time just stressed me out. The fishing tourney is probably the worst because RNG can screw you over by giving you the tiniest fish possible! In the end my FOMO got so bad that I had to stop playing.

Anyway that's just my personal experience. I still think the game's pretty great!! But you need a lot of time or a lot of money to pay your way into getting what you want. Unfortunately I do not have either.

Back