• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is it worth starting Pocket Camp now?

podunk

professional nerd
Bells
Mango
Mango
Mango
Perfect Pear
Perfect Pear
Perfect Pear
Perfect Pear
Perfect Pear
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Green Bunny Balloon
While I played for a few months right as it came out, that account was lost and I never went back to the game.
I was wondering if seasoned players had any tips and opinions on whether it would still be a good experience for new players.
For instance, are there permanent missable items, or do they tend to rotate? Is there trading? How f2p is the game?
Thank you!

For instance, are there permanent missable items, or do they tend to rotate? Is there trading? How f2p is the game?
Thank you!
First, to answer your questions:
  1. Most items aren't permanently missable. Event items only stay for a certain period but will be reissued after a while, a while usually being a few months or, if it's seasonal, the next season.
  2. The closest thing to trading is Market Box, where you can sell creatures, fruits, and materials. You can't give away things for free or in exchange for another item, even through Market Box.
  3. There's been a lot of updates that make getting Leaf Tickets (premium currency) easier to get. Most things that cost Leaf Tickets tend to cost a lot and are only temporary, but like I said, they will come back, so it usually just takes a while. In short, paying is much more efficient, but playing f2p isn't incredibly painful.
As for tips, I really can't think of anything at the moment. I'd say just play the game however you want.

I believe there are missable items, but they also might just be seasonal items. I don't think you'll be missing much, depending on how you play. You can get items without f2p.

You can put stuff up for sale at the market place, handy if you have items you don't want. I've put a ton of fish up for sale.

Over my years of playing the game, along with many other mobile games, this one is by far the biggest F2P game I've played. Mostly because it restricts you from things, membership perks, and the prices are a bit ridiculous compared to Phone Destroyer. This one likes tempting you.

As I do call it a massive f2p, you can very well play it without f2p and enjoy it just as much. So regardless, it's enjoyable. Just don't give in to temptation and take it as it is.
--

My tip is you gotta be patient. I love Pocket Camp, but my biggest complaint is the wait time for items to be made. It's a chill game, but some crafting takes a very long time to complete. So it's a very chill game. But the item requirements get a bit annoying. But hey, mobile games be like that.

Overall I enjoy it, I think you should give it a go. It's really sweet and relaxing. I think you would like it!

Back