• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What are your hopes for the AC Direct and upcoming updates?

Oh I completely forgot about villagers coming to our home! I honestly would be so happy if they added that, considering it was (allegedly) included already for some reason.

It took me a while to realize that wasn't a thing. Kept expecting the villagers to knock and come in the first week I had the game.
Post automatically merged:

Gracie!....sigh*

If they added in some of the old furniture sets I could see the only way to get them being through occasional Gracie visits which would give us 2 of the things people have asked for in one swoop. Nooks, being the size it is now, would be a poor place to try to sell it considering you still need those spots for furniture already in the game. I'd love it if they expanded nooks, which could also bring Gracie back in, but my point is if we get the old furniture they'll have to come up with a way to make it available besides the already tiny nooks cranny, which could mean adding another npc as well.

Last edited:
I wonder if the dock will ever have a real use such as the secret beach being where redd anchors.
Kappn and tortimer island would make so much sense!
Maybe in the winter as tropical getaway resort or something lol

more furniture sets! there were a lot of really good old ones that i wish would come back. and hopefully the cafe is more functional or has more interesting features. the last one was fun and cozy, but i think NH could do more with it (i mean, i'm hoping they will at least haha)

I wouldn't mind having another area of the museum opened for Celeste and being able to collect celestial items, especially since most of us have completed the majority of our museums in general. All in all though I'll happily take any updates (big or small) from ACNH outside of Brewster's return and the usual seasonal decorative items that get announced every few months.

So with it being an Animal Crossing direct, I think we can expect news in regards to other titles. HHD and PC will most likely be getting some attention. I don't play either of those, so all of my hopes are for NH.

QOL updates! Let us have a "basket" for Able Sisters' shop. Click on each item you want, you can click on them to deselect, etc. Build multiples of a DIY at a time. You need four hay beds now that it's fall? Boom, done.

Other features, besides Brewster which we know is coming. The ability to "call for" your villagers, like in NL with the megaphone. It's nice when I can find them. Or put a sticker where they are on the big map. If they're not outside, no sticker. Villagers making dates to go to your house, or you coming to theirs. That's one of the things from NL that I think the majority of people want, including myself.

New things? Yes! With the announcement of a Series 5 Amiibo set coming, I'm hopeful for a new batch of villagers. I imagine these cards would have not just the eight new villagers we already have for NH, but also villagers that were only accessible in the New Leaf Welcome Amiibo packs. I'm not sure how many of those there are, but I know Billy is one of them. Hopefully with those and the new special characters we have in NH there's still room for some new villagers. Other new things would just be some new seasonal decor, which I think is a given. They've been adding new stuff to seasonal sets so far, so I'm hopeful that we'll see new entries in the Mush, Maple Leaf, and Festive and Ice series as well.

I really don't know what to expect, but I am speculating a few things just by the info we currently have.

Gyroids - They've always been connected to Brewster since City Folks. Best way to introduce their return is along with Brewster's. Plus there was that datamine way back when that also found hints of a "room" in the museum for them. This could either be a new section of the museum to display gyroids, or it could be a throwback to City Folk where you were able to store gyroids through Brewster.

New villagers (Or the return of old forgotten ones) - Series 5 amiibo packs were announced as well. Series 1-4 all have 100 cards per series. Series 5 should have at least the new 8 villagers (Raymond, Dom, Sherb, Cyd, Reneigh, Megan, Judy, Audie), the new NPCs (Daisy Mae, Flick, CJ, Gullivarr, Orville, Wilburr). That's just 14 cards, I'm also suspecting that they will give new cards to the villagers that were introduce through the RV set of cards (50 cards), another Isabelle card and maybe ones of Timmy, Tommy and Tom Nook. Comes to 68, so there's a possibility of 32 new/returning villagers to fill in the set.

Honestly at this point I'll take everything and anything, I'm just craving for new content haha.

I'll be so glad to finally see Brewster! ACNH is my first AC game, so I've missed out on a lot. I still love the game so I'll be glad for any new, substantive content.

I hope they publish enough series 5 cards that I will be able to lay hands on a pack.

i hope they bring back gracie furniture at some point and that it's addressed in the direct... (or a future one, i'm patient) </3 i figured originally that's what label's fashion checks were for, so she could open her own store with a mix of hers & gracie-brand clothes and furniture once we passed enough of them, but.... that never happened πŸ˜… i miss the sweets set...

Bring back sets, let Brewster sell all of the snack items (ice cream, the delicious looking juices, etc) and SOME form of Club Tortimer. Brewster at the bare minimum is going to get me back into the game so I’m excited either way.

I wonder if the dock will ever have a real use such as the secret beach being where redd anchors.
Kappn and tortimer island would make so much sense!
Maybe in the winter as tropical getaway resort or something lol

Kapp'n hasn't been talked about much since I don't think he's appeared in any of the datamines (the way The Roost did), but one of the reptuable Nintendo leakers did say a few months ago that Kapp'n was in the plans. Not sure if it's something we'd get this time of year or if they would hold it until next summer, but I also tend to believe that it would make sense for the dock to have another purpose besides fishing.

My top two desires are for the return of the series standard furniture sets which weren't included in New Horizons and expansion of the rooms in the player houses. I'm a bit skeptical about the return of the furniture sets because, while a lot of us might not agree with their omission, the developers seemed to want this game to be its own thing; nevertheless, I'd absolutely love to see all of that stuff come back. Regardless of whether those items return, I want expansion to the rooms of our houses because the awkward room sizes of every room aside from the main room has on more than one occasion sabotaged my creativity and necessitated that I sacrifice parts of my concepts. I kind of doubt this will happen either, but it would be nice.

Aside from those:

I'd love to see the return of gyroids alongside Brewster. I've always liked them since the GameCube game.

Club Tortimer or some equivalent would be absolutely wonderful. My best friend and I used to play the minigames on Tortimer Island in New Leaf, and her interest in New Horizons waned pretty fast since the minigames were absent and we found that there was little to do together in New Horizons other than visit each other's islands to check the shops for like five minutes. She might return to playing the game if the minigames come back, so here's hoping that they do, whether as part of this update or in the future.

Katrina, please.

More hairstyles would be nice, as would be the inclusion of a bright white hair color like was available in New Leaf.

The return of some of the villagers who haven't been seen since the early days of the series would be nice too. Potentially possible with the new series of amiibo cards, but we'll have to wait and see.

Beyond the Roost and all that it entails, the biggest thing I would like to see is the ability to add more than 10 villagers. My island still feels like a ghost town, and if they are not going in the direction of more standalone vendor buildings, than at least push up the villager max to 12 or so.

Also, if this drops in Nov, I do hope for more cropsβ€” Turkey Day will be so dull if Franklin makes us gather the same old ingredients for the same old recipes.

I know I've answered already. But I also would love to see the return of the proper HHA, with the themes and big scores. I miss Lyle, and Lottie was okay I guess. Also being able to customise villager houses would be amazing!! And maybe even our own separate building to put somewhere on the island, even if it's only real function is just a hangout place for villagers or whatever.

Beyond the Roost and all that it entails, the biggest thing I would like to see is the ability to add more than 10 villagers. My island still feels like a ghost town, and if they are not going in the direction of more standalone vendor buildings, than at least push up the villager max to 12 or so.

Also, if this drops in Nov, I do hope for more cropsβ€” Turkey Day will be so dull if Franklin makes us gather the same old ingredients for the same old recipes.
Yea it definitely feels like a ghost town. It would be great if we could use the extra playable character plots for villagers instead. There is no way I am going to make that many characters so why not use those plots for villagers.

What I want most is Tortimer’s island, Desert Island Escape/Puzzle League minigames and Nook’s upgrade with Gracieβ€˜s store.

What I think is most likely is what has been datamined in the past which is additional growable crops, villager visits, maybe the ’giftshop’ that was datamimed along with cafe and some QOL.

-Gyroids
-Nookingtons (With Gracie coming back)
-Minigames to play solo or with other people locally and online.
-Crops like Tomatoes, corn, wheat, cucumbers, eggplants
-Tropical fruit trees returning like Durians, mangos, lychees, and the other one I can't remember the name of.
-More returning furniture sets like the Rococo and Regal sets.

I'm probably hoping for too much there. lol

Man..the fact we gotta wait until October for the Direct then November for the actual update it needs to game play altering stuff other than just the cafe. The cafe is cool but, to make us wait basically about a month and a half to two months isn't worth just the cafe. Add in mini games possibly. Gyroids would be neat and please add more hair and eye color options. I really want WHITE hair. The off white hair color is ugly in my opinion. I love a character with brown skin and white hair. Add more furniture and with the new amiibo cards add old characters like Felyn (such a cute little stinker cat). Add even Katrina and maybe Shrunk too?? Or even surprise us with something new but, to throw in Roost and some coffee items would be hella weak and not worth the hype even if a lot of us begged for him.

Edit: Please add a upgrade to the Nookling's store and custom fences. Even that would be good.

Now that Brewster has finally been announced, my main hope and focus is going to villager updates. I'm hoping for some new villagers to NH (Seriously, the 8 that we got are all fantastic, but NL got 100 new villager designs, we're due for some more at this point) as well as adding just some more life to the villagers in general. More favors, more dialogue (Which they do very subtly with every update I've noticed), let them plan visits to our houses and their houses, a way to find track/find villagers on the island (Like, I don't know, a MEGAPHONE!), and really anything else that adds onto the villager's roles in the game. The villagers have always been a favorite part of the AC series for me, and while I'm not as let-down about their role in NH as most people are, they are due for an update. Big time.

Fence customization and some good ol' QOL wouldn't hurt either though! Along with maybe some more special characters finally comig back!

Back