• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What are your hopes for the AC Direct and upcoming updates?

Obviously excited for the roost and brewster, but I am hoping for a bunch of furniture from previous AC games to be brought back. And maybe more new villagers based on the amiibo card announcement.

I really also want Tortimer's Island and Kapp'n but I think that'd be too big an update haha

In the direct they will probably show us how to get Brewster and what features and items he will offer. I would hope they would show like quality of life updates, because there has to be more to this other than Brewster himself.

I kind of buy the theory of the villager jobs/outfits datamine mystery as being related to a potential Happy Home Designer update, where they would just wear the different outfits when they are in the specific HHD buildings like in the 3DS game. Maybe less exciting than people are hoping for, but it would be something (here's a YouTube video explaining it).

I also kind of think a HHD paid DLC update seems feasible. It'd be nice if it was free, but I'm not sure Nintendo would just give away something that was previously its own separate game.

Last edited:
I've no idea if they would do it at all, so no huge hopes for it being in the direct. But I want minigames

Realistically I think we will get villagers coming to our home

Oh I completely forgot about villagers coming to our home! I honestly would be so happy if they added that, considering it was (allegedly) included already for some reason.

since brewster and the roost are confirmed now, i'll be surprised if the direct doesn't also feature gyroids. i did initially think more crops + farming, but that seems like the sort of "big feature" they'd have in another update since it'll be a little out of season by the time this update drops. (november, which is pretty close to winter and in-game snowfall.) instead, i'm thinking more seasonal items, potentially some old furniture/clothes from past games, the elusive fence customisation, and maybe villager visits.

So excited to see more about Brewster and how he will be introduced. Would love to have some more veggies to grow.

Can anyone remind me if we’ve had hints of gyroids in the datamine? I feel like we have, but Im not sure
There was that one announcement for the face stands where Isabelle showed off a gyroid pattern. Lots of people jumped hard to the conclusion that this was for gyroids. I don't believe there was ever a datamine leak though.

I would like to see some quality of life updates like being able to buy more than one thing in ables shop. I would also like to have villagers coming to my house again. That was one of my favourite parts of New Leaf. And just any new furniture would also be great. Excited to see if they bring out any new furniture that is related to Brewster's Cafe.

I honestly don't care about Brewster, he's honestly my least favorite character in the series. But with the apparent new series of Amiibo cards I hope that old villagers (Aziz...) get their turn in the spotlight. I'm also still waiting for the Gracie update...

Oh I read the title wrong and thought OP meant what I wanted to see in just the direct and not overall. What I hope to see after the Roost is a return to multiplayer games. This one is long overdue.

Not sure if I'd say I HOPE for this because I don't care about any of them that much, but I think Cece, Viche, and Inkwell will come back as promo for Splatoon 3.

There was some datamines months back suggesting we might be able to expand the size of our island... I would love that feature announced, along with beach, rock, and river customization - Even if it requires having to reset my game file for it.

Also, room size expansions would spark my interest in the game immensely

Back