• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What are your hopes for the AC Direct and upcoming updates?

I'd love to have old items and villagers to come back.

Okay after some thought, I have several questions about The Roost:

1. What are the requirements to get The Roost? (Past AC games already had Brewster, but in New Leaf you actually had to donate 50 times to the museum in order to get The Roost)

2. Will this be like a big project from Tom Nook? (Remember last year we worked hard on trying to invite KK slider? Well if Tom Nook were to help he would call it "Project B" or something like that.

3. What will The Roost have to offer? (Past AC games you always get Coffee, City Folk you can get Gyroids held on to, and in New Leaf you can work for The Roost)

4. Will there be like Gyroids or DIYS to make them? (That is assuming that if Gyroids are to return to the game along with The Roost, because its been in every AC game)

5. Will we finally get a 3rd upgrade to the Nook Shop? (Since there is a direct I hope they will speak more about a 3rd upgrade to the shop, who knows if you can only get special Gyroids from the shop and if they will finally add in new furniture that will add to the The Roost update)

While I would really like a Nook's upgrade, I'm afraid that the last of furniture options may be may they've kept the number of slots so low...

Of course new furniture could fix this wink wink nudge nudge
Yea I would like a nook’s upgrade but don’t see a point to it. Maybe if they used the second floor to bring back the furniture sets from NL and a third floor for Gracie. If they have no plans for new furniture or old furniture to return I don’t see us getting another store upgrade:

Many hopes heheh 😅 but i guess one to mention would be to have a sense of HHA so that i could somehow re-decorate my villagers interior and exterior home if possible cause some of them are real bad and interior decor hehe. I would also not be not happy if they would you know add more types of exterior deco to choose and also be able to add like hanging stuff out of our windows or the possibility to add lights in the windows for festivity times like xmas... but i have more hopes this is juts one point 😅
Post automatically merged:

In the direct they will probably show us how to get Brewster and what features and items he will offer. I would hope they would show like quality of life updates, because there has to be more to this other than Brewster himself.

I agree with you, the games needs a bit more of life quality dynamic changes in order to improve daily game play, it needs more depth and activities to do to enhance the game experience

more furniture sets! there were a lot of really good old ones that i wish would come back. and hopefully the cafe is more functional or has more interesting features. the last one was fun and cozy, but i think NH could do more with it (i mean, i'm hoping they will at least haha)

We are not just lacking furniture, which i am desperately hoping we will slowly be getting more, but also different type and colors of wall paper and flooring i really need more variety and colors to be able to play with my rooms

Beyond the Roost and all that it entails, the biggest thing I would like to see is the ability to add more than 10 villagers. My island still feels like a ghost town, and if they are not going in the direction of more standalone vendor buildings, than at least push up the villager max to 12 or so.

Also, if this drops in Nov, I do hope for more crops— Turkey Day will be so dull if Franklin makes us gather the same old ingredients for the same old recipes.

I would LOVE to have more crops and would love even more for our CROP to have purpose like maybe Brewster will need a little side chef heheh that would be cool

My dream list of changes for the game is extremely long, and extremely unlikely to get all at once. So to shorten this up to fit within the realm of possibilities.

Most Likely
  • New Nook's Cranny upgrade
  • Fence Customization
  • Katrina

Maybe
  • K.K. Slider now performs in the Café
  • Quality of Life improvements of any kind
  • Something to do with Lottie

Unlikely
  • Option to move the Town hall
  • Club LOL
  • Fly/Ferry to a shoreline city.

Katrriiiiinaaaa !!!! man i miss her, i went everyday i played when she was around to her shop to see my fortune, love how when i had bad fortune bad things would happen like when i ran i could accidentally fall. Would be need to have her and have her predictions have impact either if its good news or bad but to have reactions in the environment more than one way not just bad luck and falling to the floor. Really miss my Katrina

Last edited:
Anyone know if there are any signs/signals/rumors about when in October the direct is gonna happen? Is it gonna happen in the last week? The first week? Somewhere in the middle?

Anyone know if there are any signs/signals/rumors about when in October the direct is gonna happen? Is it gonna happen in the last week? The first week? Somewhere in the middle?
I haven’t seen anything. I think since the update won’t be until sometime in November we won’t see the Direct until the middle to end of October.

Yeah, with the update being in November, I'm not expecting the direct to come until closer to the end of the month. Like a little "Halloween treat" so to speak.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping the direct announces a couple new items for Halloween, even if it's a small patch with the big one coming in November. Some ghost items or a proper dark gothic furniture set and clothes usuable year-round would be nice. I wish we could remove the pumpkins from the tree and just have a dead tree.

I'm really looking forward to the Roost! My dream is for the sweets set to return, maybe as part of the cafe. 🍀

Some other wishlist items that I would be thrilled with:
Ability to redecorate villager homes inside and out
A couple new save slots (or just some way to create several islands without losing the past ones.)
Being able to place rugs outdoors

Since there will be an opening on the left side of the second floor of the Museum to make way for The Roost, I wonder there's going to be an opening on the right. Wasn't a museum shop hinted at in a datamine? Maybe we could see something like Celeste's custom museum exhibits like in New Leaf.

Since there will be an opening on the left side of the second floor of the Museum to make way for The Roost, I wonder there's going to be an opening on the right. Wasn't a museum shop hinted at in a datamine? Maybe we could see something like Celeste's custom museum exhibits like in New Leaf.
I was thinking this!!! I love the idea of the right being used for something too

Also 👀 earning sweets furniture DIYs from helping brewster in this café and crafting them with ingredients gathered from farming. Have him give a few unorderable non craftable café furniture rewards too, like cake display stands and cash register and stuff
Let us cook with farmed stuff to help him

• Always always hoping for more outdoor furniture. I feel like I have to specify, but it just feels like NL still has more outside-based furniture than NH? idk lol give us different styles of streetlamps man.
**heavy breathing** Wisteria Trellis.

Also, if this drops in Nov, I do hope for more crops— Turkey Day will be so dull if Franklin makes us gather the same old ingredients for the same old recipes.
It was honestly a crime that we got to see the finished table with all those food and dessert items, then NOT have them available as unlockable furniture. :’]

Last edited:
I'm mostly just excited that we're getting one at all, so any updates are welcome at this point! There are so many fun ideas in this thread - hopefully we get a few for real! I would definitely welcome a Nook's Cranny expansion or adding Tortimer Island.

Since this is a game heavily focused on outdoor landscaping, I would love to see more furniture.

Picnic tables, arches, sculptures (outside of Redd's catalog), pillars, planters, flower boxes, more streetlight variety, etc...
💯 this. It’s weird that ACPC designs for this reason (since it’s a campsite theme and therefore is expected to allow room for lots of variety to decorate) while ACNH just gives us crumbs for actual outdoor-styled furniture. (And yes, to others, I’m aware ACPC is gacha-heavy and so brings in lots of money for dishing out continuous products. Doesn’t mean we can’t at least expect some of that to come to ACNH.) I hope that come Halloween, Turkey Day, and Toy Day, we’ll see items closer to this style. >_<

Give me:
- Furniture items from ACNL (in a dream world, Pocket Camp style interactive furniture -- like outdoor hot springs the villagers can use)
- Buildings we can place and customize like in HHD
- Job system, ambient noise settings and wall/ceiling furniture like in HHD
- COOKING SYSTEM for The Roost!! So we can make and sell food as well as drinks! It would tie in nicely with the crops that were datamined
- Get other NPC characters back, like Gracie and Shampoodle. Maybe they can be in the buildings we customize? (Like how there's a department store in HHD, Gracie could be in there)

Last edited:
I just want the update to be substantial.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Roost is (finally) back, but let's be real here: If it's anything like in the old games, the novelty will wear off pretty quickly (especially since it's tucked away in the museum).
All I want is for them to stop drip-feeding us content-crumbs and give us a juicy update that actually manages to bring players back for longer than 10 minutes.

Looking at this thread, there is plenty of potential and I want them to use it for once.

Back