What are your favorite non-Nintendo franchises?

This thread made me realize how much time I've spent solely on Nintendo games 😭
Anyway uh?? not really a franchise but i like the indie pixel game scene!! something so charming about the pixel art style as a whole, and it's carried so many genres. I particularly love horror pixel games + cozy pixel games!! horror pixel games like Ib, Mad Father, The Witch's House, The Crooked Man (and it's predecessors), etc. ohhh I was so into those back then, and even recently I've been watching video essays on them. Also love cozy/story-driven pixel games like SDV, To The Moon, Undertale, and Celeste!

Also I just realized some franchises that I liked aren't by nintendo LMAO. Love love love the Ace Attorney series and Professor Layton series!! Really shaped my childhood.

Also embarrassingly (?) I was into the Danganronpa series hehe. Finished the main trilogy, watched a playthrough of the Despair Girls, and watched the animes (DR1, and DR2 Hope & Despair Arcs). Didn't agree with absolutely everything in the games and I hated some characters with all my heart LOL but I really loved some of the stories, mysteries, and characters. Chiaki lives forever in my heart.

Ooh, I generally prefer them to Nintendo actually… but none are alive except for Guilty Gear anymore : z

So I’ll just dump: Guilty Gear, Skylanders, Sly Cooper, Tetris (does this count?), Ace Attorney -

A lot of my favs are just standalones or I’m selective in the eras I really love and I’m not surprised, lol

Definitely Sonic the Hedgehog! I would have never gotten into it either if it weren't for an old friend of mine.

Back