• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What draws you to your favorite collectibles?

.: Meri :.

-love brought me some eternal petals-
Bells
Switch
1708-1067-1998
Island
Lostglade
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
For me it's a combination of color schemes I really like, aesthetics I gravitate towards (typically nature-y or fantasy-themed, more often than not), and things/motifs I associate with my favorite games, series, or characters! If a collectible hits one (or more!) of those points, I'm probably going to want it. ...Which does mean that I wind up liking a lot of collectibles. (´▽`; )

So, what is it about your favorite collectibles that appeals to you? What is it about them that makes you think "I really want this collectible"? Are you picky about the ones you go after, or do you basically want to collect them all?

Same with the color schemes. I personally like the galaxy backgrounds and darker backgrounds in general. The crescent moons from this event look amazing.

Colour schemes are also what interests me! Generally I like things that glow and sparkle, so the night background collectibles and some of the shinier eggs are my favourites.

I have to pretty much copy exactly what @Aquilla wrote. Glow and sparkle is what I like and they need to fit according to colors around my profile :)

The memories of what it took to obtain the collectibles in the first place!

I'm usually tbt poor so I rely on events to get my collectibles. And as far as choosing which collectibles I pick, i typically go off of two main color schemes: green/blue and green/blue/purple/pink. I don't go for wands because I don't have any of the classics and never will. I do like space themed collectibles though so that planet wand is a little tempting. I like the plushies. Rarity is also a factor... for example I was drawn to the fly agaric mush lamp collectible because it didn't sell very much and I thought that was interesting.

All collectibles are pretty cool, to have ones that having matching backgrounds etc is so satisfying but also ones that follow a colour scheme is cool too! No right or wrong answer here 😅

It depends on the collectible. Some eggs are more beautiful than others. I also like balloons, glowing stuff (like the glow wands), and animated collectibles. But the real winners are the apple and the ones based on baked desserts, like the once-hailed chocolate cake.

A lot of my favorites I don't even own (I looooove stars and there's a ton of collectibles out there like that).
But I do own my two most favorites, which can be explained in one word:
Splatoon.
415.png
480.png

Colors (esp saturated) and sometimes what the item actually is. Dark backgrounds are a huge plus. We have a lot of backgrounds I feel are too light and pastel-ish.

Cuteness factor, attachment to franchises or themes that might be involved, color scheme. Occasionally exclusivity makes something more appealing too.

I usually get attracted to common TBT event collectibles especially when there's a blue version of that collectible (star fragments, crescent moons, moon Jellyfishes, crystals, etc.) And make an aesthetically pleasing pattern out of it.

But the ones with the dark color background are the collectibles I like the most.

Mainly how the collectible looks! I also love the aesthetic backgrounds behind the collectibles (like the night sky, ocean, pastel colors, etc.). I also tend to gravitate towards collectibles I’ll never be able to afford lol

I think all collectibles are cool, but I definitely gravitate towards the color scheme and theme of the collectible for me. I love anything colorful and especially blue and purple colors since that combination is my favorite. As for themes, I personally really love the eggs and star fragments/crescent moons/space theme!

pink is usually what i'm looking for when it comes to collectibles but if its just cute (like the adorable moon bunny thats in the shop right now), then i'd bite!

honestly, i'm starting to lose motivation and i've started to kinda given up on having an organized lineup. i just want to collect cute collectibles from now on.

Color scheme is important to me. I like deep blues, purples, and white mostly. Greens are nice too.

The background of the collectible matters. I prefer dark backgrounds, especially the night sky. While there are eggs that I love, I found that being on the pale yellow background meant that I rarely used them. They looked out of place with the rest of my favorite collectibles.

Finally, the object itself. If it's something I like, I'm going to be drawn to it. This includes feathers, stars and moons, mushrooms, butterflies, and the list could go on.

Back