• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are some of your favorite cartoons?

Psydye

music junkie, bookworm and Metroid fanboy
Bells
Switch
7007-0018-0241
Spring Sakura
Orange Heart Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Pink Balloon
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
A lot of my favorites include:

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Swat Kats
Sonic the Hedgehog(SatAM)
Adventure Time
Regular Show
Gravity Falls
The Venture Bros.
Bob's Burgers
Samurai Jack
We Bare Bears
Metalocalypse
Rick and Morty
King of the Hill
DuckTales
Batman: The Animated Series
Batman: The Brave and the Bold

There may be some others I've forgotten but that's most of them! Curious what y'alls favorites are!:)

I love Adventure Time too! That one's definitely my favourite. I also like Over the Garden Wall and Bee and Puppycat, although I've only seen the newer one. I've seen quite a few cartoons but these are the only ones that really stand out to me as a favourite.

Last edited:
From your list I love Courage, Sonic the Hedgehog, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Samurai Jack, and Batman: The Brave and The Bold as well.

I also really love The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Codename: Kids Next Door, Ben 10, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and a couple others I'm forgetting at the moment.

The following in no particular order: Avatar-ATLA and LOK, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Tom and Jerry, Spongebob Squarepants, Justice League + Unlimited, Batman TAS, Totally Spies, Powerpuff Girls, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, Over the Garden Wall, Gravity Falls, Amphibia, The Owl House

I probably missed something but this is my favs. Cartoons are usually my comfort watches :)

Adventure Time is my favorite that I still watch somewhat regularly.. though I wouldn't mind re-watching Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd n Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, Invader Zim, Pokémon: Indigo League, and the original Powerpuff Girls 😁

I also enjoy Bob's Burgers, Rick & Morty, King of the Hill, The Simpsons, and Family Guy.. Futurama is alright, I haven't seen enough to be sure. Same with Samurai Jack although it gives me a lot of nostalgia!

Here are some of my favorites, just the ones I could think of in no order.

101 Dalmatians The series
South Park
Pepper Ann (which I forgot about until recently)
SpongeBob
CatDog
Rugrats (old one, the new one is..ok-ish)
Brandy & Mr. Whiskers
King of the Hill
The Simpsons
Powerpuff Girls (old one)
Courage the Cowardly Dog

Tiny Toons
Scooby-Doo (the older ones, before 2010s)
Adventure Time

Good question, apparently my favorite cartoons sometimes vary so I might list them all here. But I mostly watch 50's, 60's, 90's, and early 2000's cartoons because of the art style and the timeless comedy and writing.
(listed in chronological order, edited the cartoon list in bold text to make the list clearer to see):
  • The classic Looney Tunes
  • Ren and Stimpy show (only the original 90's version on Nickelodeon, the 2003 revival is unwatchable garbage)
  • 2 Stupid Dogs (2 Stupid Dogs is kind of mediocre as this was Hanna Barbera's "answer" on the cartoon I mentioned above. But I watch it only for the Super Secret Secret Squirrel segment which is the only good thing coming out of 2 Stupid Dogs)
  • Dexter's Laboratory
  • Johnny Bravo
  • The Powerpuff Girls
  • SpongeBob SquarePants (the classic seasons)
  • Courage the cowardly dog
  • Samurai Jack
  • Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
  • The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy (with Evil con Carne)
  • Regular show

Last edited:
Here's a list of some of my favorite cartoons:

Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!

Gravity Falls

Ni Hao, Kai-Lan

SpongeBob SquarePants

Hey Arnold!

Phineas and Ferb

The Loud House

Beavis and Butt-Head

The Simpsons

The Powerpuff Girls (I like both the old one and the new one, but the old one is even better.)

Pucca

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Teen Titans Go!
(Yes, I actually like this show, don't judge me.)

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Sushi Pack

The Fairly OddParents!

Daria

The Amazing World of Gumball

Ruby Gloom

Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi

Rocko's Modern Life

Doug

Dexter's Laboratory

Looney Tunes

Tom and Jerry

Ren and Stimpy
(the old one, not the trash adult one from 2003...)

I remember getting up ridiculously early on Saturday mornings just to watch the cartoons:

-Jonny Quest
-Looney Tunes from the 40's and 50's
-The Jetsons
-The Flintstones
-Spider-Man
-Heckle & Jeckle
-Woody Woodpecker
-Fractured Fairy Tales
-Roger Ramjet
-Klondike Kat
-Peabody's Improbable History
-Josie and The Pussycats
-Danger Mouse
-Pinky and the Brain
-Spongebob Squarepants
-The World of Commander McBragg
-Voltron

Question: Do Muppets count as cartoons for the purposes of this thread? I know they're very different things, but they're often lumped together due to overlapping demographics. If so, then pretty much any Muppet movie and Sesame Street hold a particularly special place in my heart. They're just so fun and charming that they seem to transcend age for me.

As for non-Muppet shows, this is not an exhaustive list, but here's quite a few off the top of my head that I remember loving and still love to this day. Also, the list only includes western cartoons, or cartoons intended for a western demographic (i.e. if they were written and animated in Japan or South Korea but were ultimately released with the intended audience residing elsewhere, as many shows in the 80's were, then they're included) since anime is its own category.

• Inspector Gadget (original, watched an episode of the newer one and decided it wasn't for me)
  • Jem and the Holograms (original, don't really know anything about later incarnations)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (original, most of the other shows are fine, too)
  • My Little Pony (original, Gen 2 has not aged well, and while Gen 3 is absolutely awful, I have a bit of a soft spot for its particular characters, Gen 4 is pretty good too, haven't gotten around to watching the newer one)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM, don't really like any of the others)
  • The DiC Mario shows, particularly Super Mario World. They're extremely cringe, but they're my cringe, and I won't allow Nintendo to let them be forgotten!
  • Any Looney Tunes cartoon with Daffy Duck.
  • DuckTales (original, though I think the 2017 show is fine as well)
  • Wallace and Gromit
  • Kipper the Dog
  • She-Ra (both the original and 2018 version, though for very different reasons)
  • Batman: The Animated Series (probably the only version I care about, really)
  • Dexter's Laboratory
  • Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy
  • Powerpuff Girls (original, I quite dislike the 2016 version but that's a rant best saved for another day)
  • SpongeBob SquarePants (seasons 1-3)
  • The Simspons (seasons 1-10)
  • King of the Hill
  • Teen Titans
  • Camp Lazlo, which is also extremely cringe and I feel like most people at the time didn't care for the show? I'm not saying it's actually good, but it's relatively inoffensive.
  • Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
  • Steven Universe
  • Gravity Falls
  • I used to like The Amazing World of Gumball quite a lot, really, but I think its charm wore off for me some time ago.

I know there are definitely some that I'm forgetting, and there re many I didn't mention because I wasn't sure what my relationship with them was. But these are the ones that immediately make me think "Oh, yeah! I loved that show!"

I have way too many to name. I'll try to narrow it down to the ones that I either think are the best of the best or the ones that bring me the most nostalgia. I am also not including anime.

- Invader Zim
- Gargoyles
- Samurai Jack
- Gravity Falls
- Ducktales
- Darkwing Duck
- Rocko's Modern Life
- Dexter's Laboratory
- Powerpuff Girls
- SpongeBob
- My Little Pony (original) / My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (later seasons went downhill though)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers
- Inspector Gadget
- ThunderCats
- He-Man/She-Ra
- Rainbow Brite
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Muppet Babies
- Scooby Doo
- Looney Tunes (Favorite characters: Daffy, Marvin Martian, Gossamer, Pepé Le Pew, Taz, the Gremlins)

*Any that I include are the originals unless otherwise specified. I haven't watched most remakes/reboots so I cannot comment on them.

Daria
Spongebob
Ruby Gloom
Ducktales 2017
My Adventures with Superman

I really should get into cartoons again. Have been on an anime binge lately lol

There's honestly quite a few I've ended up liking throughout my life. Glossing through some lists, I ended up coming up with 25 cartoons I've enjoyed, in no particular order:
  • Futurama
  • The Simpsons
  • King of the Hill
  • Bob's Burgers
  • The Great North
  • Bob and Margaret
  • Looney Tunes
  • The Looney Tunes Show
  • The Flintstones
  • The Jetsons
  • The Yogi Bear Show
  • Tom and Jerry
  • Inspector Gadget (original)
  • Garfield and Friends
  • Gravity Falls
  • Adventure Time
  • SpongeBob Squarepants
  • Hey Arnold!
  • Rugrats (original)
  • All Grown Up!
  • Arthur
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Sonic Boom
  • Corner Gas Animated
  • Archer

My favourite cartoon as a kid was Pokémon, but I watched/liked all the standard cartoons. 😊

My favourite cartoons as an adult, in order of preference:
★ Bob's Burgers (my all time, most beloved)
★ We Bare Bears (It's cute and silly. I mean, they're adorable little bears 🐻‍❄️💖)
★ Daria
★ Honorable mention: The Great North (wholesome, family adventure vibes)

Powerpuff Girls
Steven Universe
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (and some of the original and the G3 specials)
Spongebob Squarepants
Fairly Odd Parents
King of the Hill
Futurama
The Loud House
Owl House
She-Ra (the new one)
Gravity Falls
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Etc.

My Little Pony (original, Gen 2 has not aged well, and while Gen 3 is absolutely awful, I have a bit of a soft spot for its particular characters, Gen 4 is pretty good too, haven't gotten around to watching the newer one)

Not to be too pedantic, but I am a MLP toy collector and there is no G2 cartoon. I assume you're referring to Tales, which is actually a part of G1. This is a common misconception, so I just wanted to clear it up. =)

G2 was mostly a toy line, but there was a game, this is what it looked like:
MYLITTLEPONY.jpg

It was a short-lived generation, so a lot of people forget about it.

I don’t really watch cartoons that much anymore. The only two that I watch now are The Ghost and Molly McGee and SpongeBob SquarePants, with Molly being my current favorite show. I also have Chowder episodes downloaded to my phone. However, I did express interest in watching these shows (including what I watched and what I haven’t watched):
  • Amphibia
  • The Fairly OddParents
  • The Powerpuff Girls
Now what’s my favorite adult show? South Park.

Not to be too pedantic, but I am a MLP toy collector and there is no G2 cartoon. I assume you're referring to Tales, which is actually a part of G1. This is a common misconception, so I just wanted to clear it up. =)

G2 was mostly a toy line, but there was a game, this is what it looked like:
MYLITTLEPONY.jpg

It was a short-lived generation, so a lot of people forget about it.
Ah, my mistake. Yes, I believe I was referring to Tales, actually. Thank you for clearing that up!

Back