• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Popular Movies You Don't Care About.

—Oppenheimer
—the upcoming Wicked movie
—Mean Girls (It was all right, but not worth a remake, in my opinion.)
—Disney live-action remakes
—Top Gun
—The Notebook
—Back to the Future
—Brave
—Poor Things
—Breakfast at Tiffany’s
—Magic Mike series
—Wedding Crashers
—Casablanca
—Everything Everywhere All At Once
—Field of Dreams
—It’s a Wonderful Life
—Kingsman movies
—The Meg
—A Star is Born (all versions)
—any superhero movie
—Wonka
—Gone with the Wind
—The Whale
—Argyle
—Miss Congeniality
—The Lost City (2022)
—Sixteen Candles
—Sleepless in Seattle (the plot is kinda creepy, sorry)
—Chicago
—12 Angry Men
—the Terrifier movies
—The Shape of Water
—Hunger Games series
—Twilight series
—May December
—The Fantastic Creatures movies. (The first one was good, but I didn’t want to see the sequels.)

Basically popular movie franchises like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel, etc. I never understood their appeal, honestly. I also have zero interest in Barbie and Oppenheimer, they're just not my kind of movies.

Pretty much same as Zelda ^ said, I have 0 interest in Star Wars, Harry Potter, or anything super hero related. My husband tries to talk me into watching that stuff all the time lol I did like Barbie and Oppenheimer though..

I'm not a big movie buff either,

I never cared about Star Wars or any superhero movies but the oversaturation of them had left me a sour taste, couple that with cinemas that have the volume unnecessarily loud. Tried watching them but it's so average and boring for me to sit through.

Also, unnecessary remakes and sequels made me care less about movies in general.

Star Wars

Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Harry Potter

Twilight (I'm not sure if this counts, as it used to be really popular in the late 2000's and early 2010's.)

Any horror film franchises, I don't find them scary, they're just really boring, and overhyped.

...And especially any Marvel film. My dad keeps trying to get me into Marvel films by telling me about the film trailers, and the actors that were in the films, and I just don't really care at all.

There is so many countless options to go for honestly, im going to just keep things simple and say all of them.

You can talk to me bout any lesser known anime movie there is but you can't ever get me to lol go watch something from the mcu or disney at all lmao.

Any Disney/Marvel movie because they’re both pretty much supporting genocide right now. I’m also not a fan of how their movies look nowadays either.

The Last of Us (not sure if it is popular but I know the game is well known at least) because the creators are Zionists.

I am really not a movie person to begin with. I did like going to the movies with friends when I could, but I never was really interested in any of the movies. For awhile I was interested in marvel, but I didn’t like how cheesey it can be. But now, I cannot support them or Disney.

Also, while I liked the first trilogy of star wars (new hope, empire strikes back, return of the jedi), I couldn’t get into any of the other ones. Some I missed and had no chance to see but I saw a few others and couldn’t get into them.

Lord of the Rings: I tried the two towers but the main characters really annoyed me. I haven’t tried watching the rest. I did read the Hobbit and I thought the book was excellent but did not read or watch the rest of the Lord of the Rings.

Harry Potter: I liked reading the books and seeing some of the movies with my friends but Idk, I always thought the movies weren’t as good as the books and the music annoyed me too.

It’s the LOTR movies for me ;-; I liked the books quite a lot and I love fantasy, but the movies are soooo boring to me. I’ve tried to watch them several times but looking at CGI orcs smashing their heads in for HOURS just really isn’t my idea of entertainment. The landscapes are pretty but that’s about the only thing those movies had going for them imo.

I would say Frozen but I actively detest that movie. Elsa was unaccountable, unlikeable, the other characters were forgettable (except for Olaf who due to good delivery was actually kind of charming, the best part of the movie) and the plot was boring. There's a lot I could say about it but I'll leave it at that.

How To Train Your Dragon 2 just isn't that good and I think people confused it having great moments for being a great movie. It's really messy, underdelivered on certain things and the alpha dragon/new Toothless powerup were both lame. It's just...fine...overall.

Toy Story 3 just feels tonally a lot more dull than the past movies, I didn't like the location, I didn't like some things it pulled for plot convenience, the incinerator scene actually got me but even as a kid I thought the final final scene was kinda cheesy. I'm gonna say it, I liked 4 a lot better despite having its own issues and I think they're damn close in quality.

Most of the Disney renaissance movies but special shout-out to BaTB. I admire the animation but otherwise I'm pretty selective with which ones I personally like and more look at them from a point of distant, cold "objective" appreciation. Why was BaTB one of the most acclaimed though? Lion King sweeps entirely.

I mostly just watch movies I know I'll like for some reason nowadays or whatever comes on during movie night with friends, hence these being animated, I kinda just had them put on as a kid.

Otherwise +1 Marvel and to a lesser degree Star Wars, probably would not care at all for Indiana Jones if I rewatched it now and iirc those movies certainly featured some... poorly aged cliches, it's been a while though so I admit that may be wrong. I think a lot of those popular movies I avoid have those jokes in poor taste, there are a lot of old male-oriented comedies that I just know would have super low-brow insensitive jokes, or have actually heard/seen people laugh at with "boys will be boys" type logic.
When you can tell those old movies were just insensitive rather than making any commentary about it, I disapprove (and if you know my favorite movie you know I'm not a prude). I do like some of the Harry Potter movies but aside from meta controversy, my old copies of the movies/books would also be hard to return to due to some of the weird in-universe lore. So I'll leave all this there because I'm just rambling now.

Last edited:
Plenty of recent ones, but the most ones that come off the top of my head are:

Barbie
It was really made for someone like me so I didn't watch it. Didn't watch Oppenheimer either so Barbenheimer was a bust for me.

Disney Marvel
I liked the first films, like Iron Man, but they started to fall off quickly after Disney bought Marvel

Hunger Games
Not a fan. Watch the first film and hated it. Didn't watch any of the sequels. Didn't really read any of the books and don't plan to either

Twilight
Also wasn't made for me. Bella seemed really creepy. The whole series seemed creepy to me.

Redundant question for me, I’m not a big movie enjoyer in general so you could say pretty much any of them and chances are I don’t care about it/haven’t seen it. I’m not opposed to watching popular movies by any means and if people show them to me I will, but even then I’m usually just neutral on them.

I guess if I had to pick one I’d say Star Wars. It’s been parodied in popular culture so much I know the entire plot without ever having to watch it. Someone showed me one of the movies from the original trilogy a few years ago and for how extremely huge and beloved this series is I was definitely expecting a LOT more from it. Idk, I just didn’t have any interest in watching the whole thing that’s for sure. Not for me, and I love sci-fi!

Honestly, you could name any popular Hollywood live-action film and there's a 99.999% chance I either haven't seen it or didn't like it/had a neutral opinion at best. The only two types of films I enjoy watching are animated films and films with musical numbers. Everything else bores me. These days, I pretty much exclusively watch Bollywood films because almost all the films have 4-7 musical numbers, which holds my attention and makes it fun for me.

I'm not a big movie person in general as I tend to forget almost every movie I watch. The one movie I just didn't like or care about it at all was Avatar. I didn't like the first one but went to see the second one because my friend wanted to. Can confirm I don't need to see anymore of those.

I recently watched La La Land for the first time, despite it being popular a few years ago, and I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I didn’t feel much chemistry between the main pair. I was more invested in their journeys attaining their dreams instead of their romance, and didn’t care for the “sad” ending.

I'm not a fan of movies that try to look "different", "majestic" and still cater to the average crowds at the same time, and win awards because of it. Take Poor Things, for example. It won and was nominated for various awards, but I don't understand what the heck it is. Judging from the trailer, it seems to be a steampunk-styled film with strange and overly dressed characters. I don't even know what genre it is. Does it have a love plot? Does the girl or whoever take down an evil person who does evil things? Do they adventure through mystical lands? IS IT A COMEDY WITH HUMOR THAT ISN'T MY TASTE? I don't know. The trailer made it look like a PG-rated movie, but no. It's rated R for some reason. Oh, and it's from the genre studio Searchlight Pictures, so I can't say I'm surprised. I'm also not highly interested in the recent WW2 comedy-action film The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare as I found the humor in the trailers to be highly clichéd.

In terms of genres, I don't particularly care for horror, political or war films. Horror simply because I become scared easily; political films remind me of why I don't follow politics in the first place; and War films straight-up make me sad and depressed. Despite this, I do own a few of said films in my library, such as The Hunt for Red October, The Sum of All Fears, Nashville, Saving Private Ryan, Stripes and Black Sheep (though the latter two are more comedy-like if anything). The only film I own on disc that is considered straight-up horror is the first Scream, as I legitimately think that is a good movie.

Back