• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What are some catchphrases you suggest?

I didn't know what to do when Bluebear asked what to call me, so I just had her call me dude. Now everyone on the island does, but I don't mind too much lol, I think it's cute.

Last edited:
I gave Fauna “cookieDoe” and Kody “hail, donuts!”. Now other jocks and lazys happily picked up Kody’s “hail, donuts”. I found it hilarious especially when jocks are literally holding donuts and talking about muscles.

Random but my friend gave one of her villagers "kuchigga" because of an inside joke.
Basically, her bf forgot Lightning McQueen's (Cars the movie) catchphrase and thought it was kuchigga instead of kachow.

None of my villagers have asked me yet. But when they do I will use the ones I had in NL. Butch will scream bacon bacon! Like that dog from the kibbles commercial.

I gave Hazel "biatch" and Audie "sexy" 🤣 Bc, yknow, I am an adult w a mature sense of humor. I was 98% sure Ninty was gonna block me on Audie but it didn't. I'll probably get sick of it but so far it's never not funny... if they spread it i'm resetting the other villagers' tho

also i saw someone suggest "apparently" to turn them into sass master and i wanna do it... it doesn't suit any villager who asked me yet tho, maybe if marshal asks me lol

Last edited:
Love this thread! I changed Genji back to Otaku (New Leaf) and Marshal instantly stole it, Genji left and now Marshal says Otaku. I plan on changing Pashmina’s to ‘our kid’ which is a slang term for a sibling or friend where I live. In New Leaf I changed Fang’s to ‘OM NOM NOM’ and his greeting to ‘FI FI FO FUM’ which I loved, Lolly’s catchphrase was ‘milk tea’ and Whitney’s was ‘ça va’. My proudest was Marshal though who’s catchphrase was ‘hold me?’, never stopped being funny.

Depends on the villager, for me.

Biff for example he is a Jock personality.
and i give him stereotypical ''gym rat'' phrases, like ''bruh'', ''work it'', and ''Huah'' (is if he's lifting)
because i think it suits him.

with Chevre, i go to a complete other route.
since her name is French for goat i give her French stuff to say, like: ''d'accord?'', ''fromage'' and ''tu sais?''
( sure it doesn't make any sense with the rest of the sentance most of the time, but i think it's cute to make her speak a bit French. )

I gave Audie 'binch!' and now half of my villagers say it q__q I gave Dobie *WHEEZES* because his house used to be on a cliff and my friend called me out for making Dobie climb down stairs and destroy his knees, and Rowan the jock tiger picked that catchphrase from Dobie too :")

If it ever does, all you need to do is report them to Isabelle. It'll fix the catchphrases with ease.
I've discovered a funny interaction when doing this:

Villagers will still try to steal each other's catchphrases even after they've been reset back to default, it's easier to see with an example:

I reset Reneigh's catchphrase to her default (ayup yup), then I found Bianca talking to Reneigh, and she went like "OMG did you just say 'glimmer'? Can I use that too?" ("glimmer" is Bianca's default catchphrase, it's like she was about to steal Reneigh's new catchphrase but the game didn't fully recognize that it had been changed back to default, so weird lol)

Back in NL I made some villagers say #yolo which made things kinda funny. I just had Wendy ask for a phrase last night and changed it to that, we'll see how conversations with her go after that.

Another one I used to do was make a villager's catchphrase their own name so that they sounded insane, like they're talking to themselves.

Back