• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weight Loss Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop drinking all soda. This alone will do a bit.

Also, eat better. These two things alone will do a lot.

Then, exercise, and you're gonna do it.

Lady Rae, you didnt mention your age-range, and i think that would be an important factor for your exercise/dietary regimen, esp. re what your doctor might recommend.

a big help for most people is cutting out soda- diet AND regular (diet is shown to boost cravings). if youre old enough to drink, then beer and cocktails can also be cut back.

I gained some weight in my teens working in fastfood and enjoying the wares too much; and again when i first turned 21 going out too much drinking beer and eating late at night. cutting out the fast food helped me lose weight i had gained each time. and-- i walked for exercise- briskly, not casually! i did run more in my teens, but later turned to a brisk daily 3 mile walk, easier on the joints, and can be done in 45 mins or less and you can enjoy the scenery (sometimes i went t oa track, sometimes around my neighborhood). if yuu dont live by a track, you can drive around you neighborhood to measure out a mile-long course, then take 3 laps of whichever blocks/route meets your distance, and enjoy the scenery. you could start out doing just 1 mile a day, or every other day until you get acclimated, then build on that. maybe you have a friend or family member who can join in. that's a good start anyway for getting daily exercise.

I agree with others about not cutting out meals- that would only be a short term fix and you would gain weight back. same with low-carb diets.

i also used to eat whatever i wanted at least one day a week during this process, so i didnt go crazy!

Your physical health/weight depends mostly on your diet. Exercise is great but the only way you are gonna loose weight is if you eat wisely. That means DON'T SKIP MEALS (very important) and eat lot of leafy greens and nuts for protein! Drink lots of water and stay away from refined carbs such as white rice and white bread, switch to better options like multi-grain bread if you don't eat that already. Try not to snack as much, your body tricks you into thinking you're hungry when you are actually thirsty so before you think about eating drink a glass of water and see how you feel after that :) when i was in year 9 i lost 7 kilograms from doing this i used to weigh 63kgs and i weight around 56-58kgs depending on how much i exercise (i'm in year 11 now). If you plan to loose weight, start off slowly and lessen your portions to get your body used to the change, it will make it easier you just have to be patient. If you wanna know the exercised i do you can PM me and i can link you the videos from YouTube, i exercise 3 times a week. I hope this helps and good luck :)

Have you ever posted something nice on these forums? I hope you feel as miserable as you come across on a daily basis.

All I'm doing is telling the OP what they need. I'm not trying to come across as rude. That is actually all it takes.

Lol thyroid problems don't exist.
Eat less, move more
It's literally that easy

What do you mean Thyroid problems don't exist? My mom had cancer on her thyroid so she had to have half of it removed. Thyroid problems exist and make it very hard for people to lose weight.

Weight-Loss-Barbie.jpg

All I'm doing is telling the OP what they need. I'm not trying to come across as rude. That is actually all it takes.

What do you mean Thyroid problems don't exist? My mom had cancer on her thyroid so she had to have half of it removed. Thyroid problems exist and make it very hard for people to lose weight.

I meant those people who claim their weight is due to thyroid, but they refuse to acknowledge it's because of overeating. There are people with thyroid problems, but surely not all of the FA movement has a "genetic condition" that means they can't lose weight.

Bring light snacks (like apples, granola, or jerky) when you're out and about! It'll keep you from impulse buying unhealthy foods! Also if your work or school are nearby, try to walk or ride your bike there. It's good exercise, plus it's so refreshing to get that fresh air!

I don't eat the healthiest, but I keep it off by walking everywhere! My job is also physically demanding, which helps a lot. I also can't afford to buy much besides bread, peanut butter, and milk, but that's besides the point.. @____@

Anywho, don't feel bad about indulging yourself sometimes! Eating a candy bar or having dessert a couple times a week won't kill you! Never feel guilty for eating, no matter what it is. c:

Last edited:
Stop drinking all soda. This alone will do a bit.

Also, eat better. These two things alone will do a lot.

Then, exercise, and you're gonna do it.

This ^ I drank so much sweet beverages in middle school and always wondered why I can't lose weight lmao.
Now I dislike drinking anything with sugar and mainly drink water or powerade zero for electrolytes.
Changing the way you eat is so important, basically look at the ingredients of the things you make or eat...
Most of the help I get is from my brother and his friends since they want me to help me join the national guard.

I meant those people who claim their weight is due to thyroid, but they refuse to acknowledge it's because of overeating. There are people with thyroid problems, but surely not all of the FA movement has a "genetic condition" that means they can't lose weight.

dude how can you assume that lol, unless you saw their medical history you can't. if they over eat it's because their thyroid literally over reacts and requires more food.

Last edited:
dude how can you assume that lol, unless you saw their medical history you can't. if they over eat it's because their thyroid literally over reacts and requires more food.
Because no medical condition makes you obese. They can make you gain weight, and make it harder to lose weight, but it's never that much.

Also, if your metabolism is slow you should eat less. It means you requires less energy. You won't starve by shaving off the extra calories.

Last edited:
I would say that you should find a fun activity that interests you! It could be jumping rope or... doing jump and jacks to music! Make sure the number 1 thing is to be consistent. As long as you try and be consistent it should work out! Also for certain foods like chips and candy maybe limit them to once every other day or week! Always remember though to never overwork yourself! Stay happy and try hard but remember that you are who you are and you should be loved for imperfections! I love dancing to my favorite music so I'll turn some on and just go crazy with the leg and arm movements and spins so that by the time im done I am TIRED. Sometimes a weight loss can take 3 or more years so STAY CONSISTENT!

Having a good diet is actually really good since most of weight loss has to do with diet. It's important to stay active too, however, no matter what it is. I practice martial arts still, and while the art I'm practicing isn't super intensive, it still keeps me active.

I've lost weight in both healthy and unhealthy ways. My first piece of advice is to eat more healthy food. Instead of reducing the total amount of food you eat, try to just swap unhealthy snacks with fruits or vegetables. If they're fresh they should still taste great.

For exercising I recommend starting with a little activity every other day. Once you're in better shape you can choose whether to do a routine or stick with what you're already doing. Personally, my current activity goal is to briskly walk 2.5-5 miles a day. Before going I always touch my toes to stretch. By following through on that I've lost several pounds in a few months. It's not the fastest way to lose weight, but it's worked for me.

Hi folks,

Please take more care to look at date stamps on threads before posting in them. This thread is seven years old - it is unlikely that the OP is still looking for advice.

Reactions: Neb
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back