• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weight Loss Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Rae

Bells
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
User Title Color Change
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Hey Everyone!
I know this is a dumb topic, but I need to know.
I went to the doctors today and found out I and 5 ft tall, and weigh 152 lbs.. And some of it needs to go because I'm getting a bit unhealthy.
Is there any advice you can give to help with the weight loss?

Find an activity that you like to do and then do it until you sweat up a good amount everyday. I guess another thing would be avoiding lunch and only eating breakfast and dinner. Oh, drinking a lot of water helps as well.

Exercize is most important to losing weight. Diet is also important. So I guess get more exercise and try to eat less bad foods

Lower your carb and sugar intake and build up more muscles by exercising and eating protein.

Also, is it muscle mass? Some people can be perfectly healthy if they weigh more than they should because of more muscles.

Last edited:
Find an activity that you like to do and then do it until you sweat up a good amount everyday. I guess another thing would be avoiding lunch and only eating breakfast and dinner. Oh, drinking a lot of water helps as well.

Personally I think it's better for you to eat a healthy lunch than skip lunch altogether

Personally I think it's better for you to eat a healthy lunch than skip lunch altogether

Maybe, but some people benefit more from certain things than others. I just said it from my experience at weight loss. xD

Maybe, but some people benefit more from certain things than others. I just said it from my experience at weight loss. xD

True, im just not one for like semi fasting cause then people can overeat the next meal or like become weak from not eating. But of course different things work for different people. Imo exercise is most important anyway

True, im just not one for like semi fasting cause then people can overeat the next meal or like become weak from not eating. But of course different things work for different people. Imo exercise is most important anyway

Ya, overeating could be a problem. But I'm usually too reluctant to eat at all for that to be a problem anyways.

Lower your carb and sugar intake and build up more muscles by exercising and eating protein.

Also, is it muscle mass? Some people can be perfectly healthy if they weigh more than they should because of more muscles.

No.. sadly it isnt muscle mass. It would be alot better if it was.

ok please ignore people telling you to skip lunch, don't do that. there's no reason why you can't have 3 hearty and healthy meals, if you're counting calories make sure to remember that not all calories are bad. i used to try and skip meals and all i'd do is lose a lot of weight quickly that i'd just put back on or i would binge eat so much i'd be sick. good luck though :) if you're like me and avoid exercise ease in slowly by going daily walks etc or else you might be put off.

Last edited:
basically just eat healthy means and exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. the easiest way to lose weight (easier said than done tho).

if you have anything atm that's high in sugar content try to limit it or stop having it completely. it really helps a lot.

whatever u do do!! not!! skip!! meals!!

start by eating healthier foods & gradually get into a daily workout routine, but do not start skipping meals ;(

Drink lots of water.

I don't know if this would work for everyone, considering I'm underweight... but I spent a week eating normally and drinking regularly. I'd just keep a cup and jug on the table and every time I'm bored or day dreaming while I'm supposed to do work, I'd take a sip. Every time the cup is empty, I'd refill it right after.

I lost 6kg in about a week. My appetite looks to be as equal as a healthy four or five year old so...

Regardless, it's good to drink around 2L of water a day.

---

Conversely, I gain weight when I eat very little. I'd gain 6 kilos after 7 months of eating what looks like a drumstick/small bowl of rice per day.
I wish I could gain weight in a healthy manner ; n ;

lower carb intake. DO NOT SKIP MEALS. DO NOT.
idk what u normally have for dessert, but if you must have it, eat fruit.

dont join a fad diet.

and ofc you have to exercise. there are some exercises made for weight loss and im sure u could find a few online. btw your results arent going to show up after 1 day, just remember that.

it helps to keep track of how many calories/grams of certain nutrients that u are taking in.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also please actually eat breakfast because when u eat breakfast its easier for you to burn more calories throughout the day.

edit: dont eat anything sweet (like chocolate). it takes a lot of self-discipline but it can be done.

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to lose weight too, here's my advice:

Diet:
Start with smaller portions, and try snacking less. After that, start eating healthier. I started eating fruit and granola bars for lunch and cereal for most of my breakfast meals. It takes some adjustment but give it a few weeks and you should be fine, but do not skip meals as it messes with your metabolism. My lunch is made up of mostly healthy snacks that fill me up and aren't too unhealthy.

Exercise: Again, start small, like taking walks. After I walked for a few weeks I moved onto a stationary cycle for 15 min a day, and increased as the weeks go by. Whatever works for you.

Long story short, start adjusting your lifestyle slowly and after a few weeks it'll become routine. I flat-lined my weight from August 2014 just last week and I've only been living this healthy lifestyle since Summer started.

Good luck :)

Try to stay active! Go outside and run around or ride your bike! If that doesn't work, maybe it's your diet. Try to eat lots of fruits and vegetables :)
You can try to skip meals if that's okay with you, but it's personally not my thing.

Fitness games like Wii Fit while also managing calories is helpful!

Last edited:
I think exercise is the most important part of losing weight. Diet can be really good too, of course.

For diet, I don't think you have to stop eating junk food all together per se (though it'd be a lot better if you did). Just really limit how much you eat unhealthy foods. You should be eating healthier most of the time (fresh vegetables, protein, good proportions, etc). You can look this up on this internet to further help you.

And as for exercise, start off small. If you're not a very athletic person, running so many miles isn't very healthy either. Start by having little walks around your neighborhood and gradually increase the distance every time. You can even try running too if you'd like.

Ultimately, try changing up your lifestyle a little bit at a time. It'll take time getting used to but I'm sure you can do it. I wish you luck! :)

Don't skip lunch. Portion your meals and eat 3 times a day. If you mess up your eating pattern, this could very well affect your metabolism.

First of all, don't skip your meals please.

Try jogging for (I would say) an hour a day? And just relax on the weekends, but that doesn't mean pig out on junk food lol.

Or eat salads and other healthy foods.
I weigh 100 lbs. and I am 4'10, as of 9/23/15.
I don't know if it's healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back