• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Voting, voting voting.

Who is your favorite villager?

• Raymond

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Raymond

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Or, Raymond?

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ShawnFuzz

In Colorado, under my cats rule.
Bells
Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
I apologize for this.

I can't help myself with so many villager voting threads right now.

RULES... you have to vote for one of the three, if you choose.

can this be a thread where we discuss our opinions with the "voting" threads taking over the New Horizons sub forum rn? LOL I'm gonna be honest it makes my eyes hurt and I have been like: Really? another one? It's all over!! Pls make it stop ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Also I voted for 2nd Raymond :ROFLMAO:

I guess it isn't really a bad thing, but after a while I was like.. ok.. settle down, folks, let's talk about something else please LOL
I agree, but I feel like the poll monster has been unleashed. People will never stop ranking their villager species. It's a passionate topic.

Maybe we need a new section for ranking villagers with polls?

I agree, but I feel like the poll monster has been unleashed. People will never stop ranking their villager species. It's a passionate topic.

Maybe we need a new section for ranking villagers with polls?
We do need a place for polls!!! That would actually be fun, because then we could think of MORE poll topics! But for now.. don't worry, I'll continue to battle the poll monster :ROFLMAO:

I think it was something to do with the event that's on. I think posting in this section earns them more bells which they can then use to buy stuff. Yay capitalism! ๐Ÿ˜†
Yes, the Red Riches event had a Bell Boom so more Bells were rewarded than they would normally. The Bell Boom is gone but yet the polls remain.

Like has already been mentioned, the recent influx of โ€œWho are the best and worst -species-โ€œ villagers?โ€ threads was related to the TBT Lunar New Year event that was going on. There was an increase in the amount of bells you could earn from posting between the 9th - 24th, and people took advantage of that to earn more funds for Red Envelope swapping. We needed 2k envelopes bought and each one cost 86 TBT, so a lot of funds were needed. ๐Ÿ˜…

I obviously canโ€™t talk for everyone, but I donโ€™t think it was anybodyโ€™s intent to spam. โ€œWho are your favourite villagers?โ€ discussions are relatively easy and quick for people to answer and make, and donโ€˜t require much thought. A lot of people didnโ€™t have the time (or the energy) to come up with more creative, โ€œthoughtfulโ€ threads to start, so creating polls for the species that didnโ€™t have one yet was easier for both the creators and the answerers.

I also think itโ€™s important to note that only 8 of the polls were created recently (one of which was a duplicate poll for a species that did already have one, which was my mistake ๐Ÿ˜…), the others were made in 2021 or earlier. The older ones were bumped around the same time that the new polls were made, which is probably why it looked a bit excessive. Totally understandable! Threads that are within the same kind of โ€œseriesโ€ all getting bumped/made around the same time isnโ€™t new, and isnโ€™t event or bell farming-exclusive. An example being @/SummerHimeโ€™s โ€œAre you still happy with your -island element-?โ€ threads. Itโ€™s also not uncommon for the same question to be asked time and time again, or for threads about the same topic to be made time and time again. But the LNY event is over now, and I donโ€™t think anyone will be making anymore โ€œbest/worst villagersโ€ threads, at least for a while.

All of that being said, I think the 3rd Raymond is the best Raymond! The ? speaks to me lol

There is three pages worth of the stuff lol. I was kind of inactive aside from sending a mass of envelops at the start of the event so I wasn't very active either for the event or the forum. If I was a member not interested or involved in the event, I could see this getting annoying.

I can't believe Raymond is winning over Raymond, out of all villagers! What's wrong with you people? This poll is rigged!๐Ÿ˜ฉ

But for real, even though it probably wasn't intentional to spam all those villager voting threads, seeing them all at once can be kind of overwhelming and annoying. I do think a villager poll battle would be kind of fun though.

This talk reminds me of these types of quizes that I took once... I think they're tournament bracket styled quizzes? If there was one of all the villagers, that would be amazing.

All of that being said, I think the 3rd Raymond is the best Raymond! The ? speaks to me lol
Thank you for taking the poll "seriously" lol Honestly I didn't realize I put a question mark! I started the poll and voted for the wrong Raymond haha

I only quoted that one snippet, but everything else you and others said makes sense about the event, and whatever these "red envelopes" are. But Blue sums it up perfectly for me...

If I was a member not interested or involved in the event, I could see this getting annoying.

Personally, I am a fan of this forum, but I am a fan of the game first and want to discuss it. All of the threads I was involved with are now three or four pages deep (or more.. the polls weren't the only threads being bumped for bells). I have a feeling people won't see what was currently being discussed because of this money grab situation.

I feel like this a Catch-22. There are a few awesome people selling in game items for TBT's. I don't know why but I can only assume it is for events like these. I adore their services because it helps me design my island. So if the bosses of this forum took away these highly engaging events, then these sellers may stop.

Correct me if I am wrong on that? But honestly, I would rather put in the hard work to gain my own in-game items, if it meant I could have pleasant conversations about Animal Crossing with other fans,

I thought this is supposed to be a FORUM. But it seems it has turned into a game itself.
Post automatically merged:

Now that I winded way too much, let's get back to the IMPORTANT ISSUE... Who is the best Raymond?! 1, 2 or 3???

Raymond is so cute I had him at my campsite once but I had a full island and I haven't seen him since.

I will have him on my island one day :(

Did posting in the New Horizons section earn them more bells than other sections? It did seem a bit excessive admittedly and probably a bit much for those who joined to talk about the actual game, rather than take part in forum events. But we can always just bump the active threads we were interested in anyway obviously.

Back