• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Villager not boxed up on stated day?

Bubblebeam

Liquor is quicker.
Bells
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
I have a quick question that needs answering for a trade. I have just TT'd to the day Flip said he would be moving. He never changed his mind or anything. The day happens to be the same as Bunny Day, which I'm guessing is the reason for this complication?

What will happen though? Will he be boxed up the following day, or will he be gone despite the fact he was out and about on Bunny Day? If so is there any way to reverse this?

in my experience, villagers still move out/can be in boxes on holidays, so I don't think that's the issue. if he's not in boxes, the only reasons would be either a) you misread his move out date and thus TT'd to a date too early? or b) you weren't paying enough attention while initially talking to him about moving and told him to stay by accident. I'd try talking to him -- usually if they're moving, they'll bring it up at some point and mention how many days until they leave. spam chat him and if you don't hear a single thing about moving, you must've unintentionally told him to stay :'( good luck!​

One time the second i told Lolly to move she started having second thoughts. Like she immediately said "is this the right choice" or some vague dialogue so I hadn't realized she wasn't actually moving until I tt'd to the date. Maybe that happened!

Oh thank goodness i'm not the only one that has had this happen before. I think it may be a glitch or bug that happens once in a while. It's very annoying.....(Just to let yous know I have had this happen twice to me and not once did the villagers have second thoughts. They told me they were leaving but they didn't on the day that they said they would.)

Last edited:
Back