• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Villager gender confusion?

PinkStarburst

Disney Princess
Bells
Father's Day Carnation
Tetris Grid
Pinky
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Red Rose
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
^^^Has anyone else had this problem? I had Bluebear for over a month thinking she was a guy (for some reason) until a villager referred to her as "she."

And just today, I just found out Marshal was a guy. Even though I've never seen him in-game, I've been seeing him around since I got the game, which was in December! What the heck?

Anyways, I was just wondering if I'm the only one who struggles with this even though the voices make it pretty obvious.

When I was younger, I always thought that Stitches was a girl

in cf i thought most my villagers didnt have a gender lmaoooo

when i read the title i thought u meant villagers being confused abt other villagers' genders. once i had gigi refer to agnes as "he" lmao

Not really, I mean Julian is specifically designed to be androgynous (his Japanese name is Julie) so he could be confused, but other than him I thought for a long time Agent S was a male.

Although snooties seem to misgender other villagers quite a bit, it may be a translation error, but Diana has refered to Flora as a "he" many times.

When I was a lot younger, I thought Fang was a snooty-type female, because to me it looked like he was wearing eyeshadow. Eventually I read about him or something and found out he's male. I never had him in any of my towns prior.

Very slightly off-topic, but I actually have noticed that some villagers will refer to other villagers as "them" or "'em" even though each animal has a designated gender. I usually see this when a villager asks me to give something to another villager for them, or if someone asks me to bring another villager to their house. For example, Phoebe may say something like "I bought a gift for Agnes. Could you bring it over to 'em?", and when you'd go back to Phoebe later to tell her you delivered the gift, she might ask "What did they say?" I've never noticed this in any other AC game.

I thought Pippy was a guy, since she is very ugly, same with Truffles.

And there are some others I can't recall right now, o yeah, Kiki, Tabby and Tangy, they all look like male.

I thought Peaches was a guy. I actually thought she was a lazy villager. Apparently she's a normal villager lol

I thought Agent S was a boy when she moved into my CF town a long time ago now.

Last edited:
^^^Has anyone else had this problem? I had Bluebear for over a month thinking she was a guy (for some reason) until a villager referred to her as "she."

And just today, I just found out Marshal was a guy. Even though I've never seen him in-game, I've been seeing him around since I got the game, which was in December! What the heck?

Anyways, I was just wondering if I'm the only one who struggles with this even though the voices make it pretty obvious.

I too thought Bluebear was a boy and got really confused xD

When I created my town, Fang was one of the villagers waiting in front of the Train Station. I was sure he was a girl. xD I'm also unsure of Coco's gender. I think she's a girl, I'm not even sure haha.

I don't really confuse genders although sometimes I'm confused by Flurry is he a he or a she? hmmm

Yesss, because I assume their gender by their name / appearance *no h8 pls*

So when Pate randomly moved in, I thought she was a he. ;_;

Very slightly off-topic, but I actually have noticed that some villagers will refer to other villagers as "them" or "'em" even though each animal has a designated gender. I usually see this when a villager asks me to give something to another villager for them, or if someone asks me to bring another villager to their house. For example, Phoebe may say something like "I bought a gift for Agnes. Could you bring it over to 'em?", and when you'd go back to Phoebe later to tell her you delivered the gift, she might ask "What did they say?" I've never noticed this in any other AC game.

yea i've noticed that too. the villagers will sometimes refer to other villagers with gender neutral terms !! sometimes they even misgender them ... which probably shouldnt be happening but Ayyy

Back