• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favourite Villager introduced in New Leaf?

Marshal!! I love squirrels and my man is no exception. I love his white colour and his signature denim jacket goes rly well with both his smug personality and his overall vibe. I also rly like Zell, Diva, Diana, Claudia, Muffy and Blanche!

Erik or Fauna as deers as one of my favourite animals. Erik’s Scandinavian interior is so cool though

There are a lot of cool ones so I couldn't pick just one- I like Bonbon, Sly and Diva the best.

I had no clue that they introduced 100 villagers in New Leaf!! If I had to pick one, i think Merengue would be my very favorite.. maybe Skye as a runner-up

This is a hard pick cuz New Leaf introduced so many awesome villagers! Out of all the deer villagers, my favorites are Fauna, Bam, and Erik. I haven't had any of them in my town, though I did have Diana in my NL town and was quite fond of her.

I also LOVE Apple because she's so adorable, just like the rest of the hamsters. She suits my town perfectly since apples are my native town fruit 🍎

Colton is my fave horse for his sophistication, and I currently have him in my NL town. I like Julian too and have him in my NH island.

I really like Eugene because he looks like a badass with his leather jacket and sunglasses. Plus, he's the most smug-looking villager.

Sprinkle is definitely my fave penguin for her cuteness. I'm also a fan of Gayle for the same reason.

Diva was one of my first villagers in my NL town and I like her a lot too. She's definitely more better-looking than most of those other frog villagers like Jambette.

My favorite villager introduced in New Leaf is definitely Pietro. I like clown aesthetics and his design is so colorful and fun. Smug was also my favorite male personality in New Leaf, so he has that going for him too. He's been my mayor's next door neighbor in my main, horror-themed New Leaf town for ages.

Other top favorites include Beardo, Chops, Diva, Drago, Eugene, Hans, Hippeux, Jacques, Julian, Merengue, Olaf, Pashmina, Shep, Sly, Sprinkle, Tia, Tucker and Vic.

New Leaf introduced a bunch of great designs though, so I also want to give a shoutout to Annalisa, Blanche, Clay, Colton, Diana, Erik, Fauna, Flora, Klaus, Lionel, Lucha, Mira, Muffy, Pancetti, Phoebe, Rocket, Rooney, Soleil, Tex and Walt.

Wow, this thread made me realize that Charlise isn't new to NL! She was apparently a Peppy islander back on gamecube. I love that NL took so many villagers out of retirement to make them into Smugs or Uchis

Screenshot_20240404-115953.png
Screenshot_20240404-115936.png

Zucker and Hazel are my top two favorite villagers in New Leaf! Zucker is in my NH island and Hazel was in my NL town. Some people don't like Hazel's design but I think she's cute, uni-wow.
A honorable mention goes out to Broffina, who lives in my island like Zucker. During her time there, she grew on me. I like how sophisticated she is!
I don't have Molly, Pietro, Drago, and Chadder, but I'm also fond of them too, mainly for their design.

I've played all the games but never realized so many of these villagers weren't introduced until New Leaf!

I think my favorite is Julian. I never got the hype for him initially, but I eventually got him in my town (can't remember if he was a random move in or not?) And fell in love with him. Before Raymond got introduced, he was the only smug villager I really liked. I recently got him as a random move in in New Horizons and it has renewed my love for him.

Rocket and Lucha, they're both super cool. Rocket is in my New Horizons town, and Lucha was in my old New Leaf town.

Wow, I’m in agreement with @eeveelovee that I didn’t know so many of these characters only made their debut in New Leaf as New Horizons was my first game!

My favourites:
  • Vic. I love his look and dialogue!
  • Beardo reminds me of an old fashioned gentleman.
  • Hamlet was one of my starters on my 2nd island and he still remains. He looks so cute and happy. I always picture Hamlet being great friends with Al.
  • Lionel is very much the same as Beardo in my mind. He looks a gentleman!
  • Flora. I love her colour and personality. She looks as if she would be very helpful and friendly to everyone!
  • Nearly forgot Pietro! I love his colours and house interior.

From that list, Rudy, Marshal, Frita and Erik are my favorites, though Rudy didn’t become my favorite until I got him in New Horizons as my starter.

almost all my favs are on here! my top favorites out of all them are zucker, phil, julian, merengue, renee, penelope and pietro.

Wow, I didn’t know so many villagers were added in New Leaf! Henry is my favourite one there, but I also really like Hamlet and Lyman, and Rudy is adorable 😊

julian is my favorite! his aesthetic and house is what made me want to play the game in the first place! i fell in love with that galaxy/space theme that he has going on. i love that aesthetic to this day still 😌

I’ve played each game since Wild World and somehow did not know (or probably forgot) that so many villagers were introduced in NL! Fauna has been my favourite villager since she was introduced to the game so she’s my top pick but I also really love Erik, Diana, Molly and Marshal. I’ll also give a special mention to Hamlet and Flo who were my very first villagers in NH.

Do the Welcome Amiibo villagers count? I didn't post here before because it's really hard for me to choose one.
Some villagers I really like that I actually have are Lyman, Skye, Cherry, and Hazel.
Some others I like but haven't had yet are Marshal, Molly, and Zucker.
That's 7 villagers though and I don't really know who I like most.
However, if Welcome Amiibo counts, I think I like Cece and Viché more than all the other new villagers...

Back