• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager art~

Second batch of requests! Let me know if you want any changes made

I'll be adding some afterthought after each pic so feel free to read my struggles or ignore, it's ok either way.
Challenge: 3/4 body
mewto28.png

Another request I was skeptical bout accepting, but I was up for the challenge, I nee to practice poses and body proportions. I LOVED working on the bugs for the shirt, they definitely took longer than I expected, but not that I have them, I don't need to worry about redrawing them lol I went with the color or my star net, let me know if you want me to change the color of it. On another note, I don't know how to draw a buzz cut, so enjoy your long quarantine side hairs lol 👀
Challenge: Headwear
1596485670358.png
1596485693176.png

I loved working on this design, but throughout the precess, t I was worried it would look too much like the previous one I drew. Thankfully I tried a couple of different things and I hope it looks different enough ? At one point I though I was finished and then I checked the reference and BOOM GLASSES lol I'm still not too good at creating shading for them t.t

@mewto28 @xiheeet

I still don't feel comfortable with full bodies, and I need to practice a bit more, I'll have to do a rain check on yours @xSuperMario64x srry!!

I was literally about to type what fennekins just posted, curse you >.> ✊. It's definitely impressive looking at the newer pieces though, and while i'm definitely not biased, you should maybe consider drawing marshal/static next :^)

AhHHHH I'm in love!!! Tysm for making my island rep child so adorable!! I always struggle doing plaids but you did it so effortlessly!! And also same on the glasses!!! I always think I'm done and then I'll go back to the refernece and forgotten the glasses...🅰

Thank you so much again 💓 💗 💖 💛

it looks so good, i can’t believe you’ve improved so much!
Thank you! 🥺 those body proportions though, gotta work on 'em more lol
I was literally about to type what fennekins just posted, curse you >.> ✊. It's definitely impressive looking at the newer pieces though, and while i'm definitely not biased, you should maybe consider drawing marshal/static next :^)
I currently have 3-4 villager sketches lined up 👀 but when I'm done with those, I might consider them 🤫. I'm trying to beautify 'ugly' villagers while throwing in some popular ones in the mix lol
AhHHHH I'm in love!!! Tysm for making my island rep child so adorable!! I always struggle doing plaids but you did it so effortlessly!! And also same on the glasses!!! I always think I'm done and then I'll go back to the refernece and forgotten the glasses...🅰

Thank you so much again 💓 💗 💖 💛
Glad you like how your rep turned out! I was concerned about the plaid, but I was more concerned about how to make it look 'not- flat' lol even though it's not 100% what I envisioned, I really do like it! I've been enjoying drawing headwear, because I like to figure it how to give it more dimension.

Let me know if I need to make any changes or adjustments! 💕

Rodney (2).png
Moose the Jock Mouse (ignore the fact I gave him two sets of eyebrows... he doesn't look as cute without the little ones I gave him lmao)
Merengue.png
Merengue the Normal Rhino
Nan.png
Nan the Normal Goat (I need to revisit Nan, I just realized I forgot her beauty marks)

Last edited:
Username: hungryforcereal
Style
: villager (Clay)
Reference:
Reaction/expression:
however you want
Type: -
Challenge: can you draw him sleeping and some bubbles coming out from his mouth and flowing upwards?

NanMarks.png
Nan the Normal Goat (added her beauty marks)
Chevre.png
Chevre the Normal Goat (I referenced actual goats for her ear shape)
PietroLined.png
Pietro.png

Pietro the Smug Sheep (I had a ton of fun figuring out the horns, I tried different styles and angles and I ultimately decided on this style, believe it or not, the heart was the hardest part for me to draw .-.) Do you prefer the black lining or colored lining?

View attachment 300811Nan the Normal Goat (added her beauty marks)
View attachment 300812Chevre the Normal Goat (I referenced actual goats for her ear shape)View attachment 300814View attachment 300816
Pietro the Smug Sheep (I had a ton of fun figuring out the horns, I tried different styles and angles and I ultimately decided on this style, believe it or not, the heart was the hardest part for me to draw .-.) Do you prefer the black lining or colored lining?
The Pietro looks so good ngl. For me I prefer the colored lining because that's what I usually do. If I do black I would just use a darker brown to be more natural if that makes sense?

i would die for nan,, your art is so good!!🥺
Thank you 💕 I really appreciate it 🥺
Username: hungryforcereal
Style
: villager (Clay)
Reference:
Reaction/expression:
however you want
Type: -
Challenge: can you draw him sleeping and some bubbles coming out from his mouth and flowing upwards?
I'm not taking any more requests at the moment, I'm just drawing villagers for fun, but with that said I will always consider suggestions 😊
(I'll tag you if I do end up drawing him! 💙)
The Pietro looks so good ngl. For me I prefer the colored lining because that's what I usually do. If I do black I would just use a darker brown to be more natural if that makes sense?
I think the black lining gives it a sticker feel and I'm a sucker for stickers lol

Last edited:
Thank you 💕 I really appreciate it 🥺

I'm not taking any requests at the moment, I'm just drawing villagers for fun, but with that said I will always consider suggestions 😊
(I'll tag you if I do end up drawing him! 💙)

I think the black lining gives it a sticker feel and I'm a sucker for stickers lol
Ah yeah it does depend on what style you're going for but nonetheless still good!

View attachment 300812Chevre the Normal Goat (I referenced actual goats for her ear shape)View attachment 300814View attachment 300816

ahhhh :D I love them so much <3 they all look amazing, thanks for fulfilling my request!
I think pietro looks great in both styles, I really like how you did his horns! I think I like the colored lining one the most, but it's hard for me to decide

Chevre looks so cute sidjdj, I prefer colored lining! It makes the art look less harsh, and makes the colors pop more ^^

Both Pietros look good, but I like the colored version better.

Nan and Chèvre look so good, I want to pinch their little cheeks!

Last edited:
ahhhh :D I love them so much <3 they all look amazing, thanks for fulfilling my request!
I think pietro looks great in both styles, I really like how you did his horns! I think I like the colored lining one the most, but it's hard for me to decide
I hope you don't mind that I gave them different structures and features, when I sketch villagers I try to make them unique!
Chevre looks so cute sidjdj, I prefer colored lining! It makes the art look less harsh, and makes the colors pop more ^^
I like the sticker feel of the harsh lines lol guess I'm the odd one out 😂

Back