• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager art~

Xeleron

Bells
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
I'm temporarily going to be turning this thread into a villager art dump, since I've really been enjoying drawing villager as a distraction lol

Constructive criticism is ALWAYS welcome and will be greatly appreciated! šŸ’•

Donā€™t:
  • Pass off/claim my art as yours, I know itā€™s not that impressive, but I put in a lot of time and work into each piece
  • Disrespect me or my art, constructive criticism is accepted but hateful comments will be reported

hamphrey-png.293754
Hamphrey, the Cranky Hamster
flurry-png.293756
flurry-bow-png.293757
Flurry, the Normal Hamster
rodney-png.293758
Rodney, the Smug Hamster

Click HERE for Merengue | Nan | Moose
Click HERE for Nan | Chevre | Pietro
Click HERE for Judy | Raymond | Katrina | Apollo | Puddles | Ɖtoile

Status:[/B] 3 slots open, 2 slots open, 1 slot open, CLOSED
I'll go ahead and open up requests but I won't be starting anything until a few days have gone by maybe 2-3, I'm currently working on drawing villagers, so that's my main focus atm plus my eyes need a bit of rest.
I added a progress timeline at the bottom of this post!

Hi guys! I recently took an interest to digital art because I think itā€™s amazing what people can accomplish with it; I began practicing July 9th with a drawing I submitted to a giveaway on this platform.

Disclaimer, I am not an artist and I have no formal training, but with consistency Iā€™ve seen a lot of improvement in my drawings but I lack the creativity to come up with concepts of my own and I would really appreciate it if you would let me draw your reps or OCā€™s! If you're ok with MS Paint skill level art then please drop a form

I am currently developing two ā€˜chibiā€™ styles

I feel more comfortable drawing reps in style one and drawing OCā€™s in style two
This is a timeline of my progress developing this style, your request should resemble the newest iteration of this style
My latest iteration of this style finished 7/27/'20
reneezombie-png.293104
1595909741285-png.293109
1595909915188-png.293119

7/24/'20
sketch1595793924672final.png
Art trade done for @morthael
Finished 7/22/'20
sketch1595470098623.png
@Moo_Nieu rep
Finished 7/19/'20
sketch1595148454300.png
Jobro a friends rep
7/14/'20 First cheebs created based on my SO... poor guy, I gave him a receding hairline :eek:šŸ¤£ (feel free to laugh at this, I personally think it's hilarious
sketch1595813293557.png
This style is a variation of the chubby cheebs styles, I wanted to try something less cutesy and a bit more ā€˜realisticā€™
My latest iteration of this style finished 7/26/'20
Azel-morthaelWM.png
Azel @morthael 's OC
Finished 7/24/'20 I'm so glad I somehow managed to improve the eyes lol (not in this one, but the one after lol)
1595814376482.png
@Peachmilk_
As you can see both styles kind of stem off my first attempt at drawing a chibi so this might just be my styleā€¦

Please feel free to ask for reps and OCā€™s in any style, I need to practice both styles with different references

Can draw
  • Reps and human OCā€™s
Canā€™t draw
  • Everything else
  • Anything below the shoulders
Donā€™t:
  • Pass off/claim my art as yours, I know itā€™s not that impressive, but I put in a lot of time and work into each piece
  • Disrespect me or my art, constructive criticism is accepted but hateful comments will be reported
Do:
  • TBT: credit me to this post, not my profile
  • Toyhouse: Credit my toyhouse account
  • Anywhere else: You can credit me as Xeleron or as SB
Username:
Style
: (Style 1, Style 2, Villagers) (Villager request might be declined depending on difficulty, this style counts as challenge portion of this form)
Reference:
Reaction/expression:
(Iā€™ve only practiced smiles so if you ask for a specific expression it might not look as good, but Iā€™ll try my best)
Type: (Specify if just the head or if you want shoulders to be included)
Challenge: (please challenge me to something out of my comfort zone, i.e: I challenge you draw a background of a moon. I challenge you to make it look like the rep has their head titled. I challenge you to draw full body) (I reserve the right to decline the challenge portion of your request)

I will take 1-3 days for each request, but I reserve the right to take as long as I need. I need to rest my eyes often because I stare at screens for way too long. Tips not necessary but appreciated.

Working on:
Mewto28SketchingLiningColoringHighlights+ShadingDetailsCOMPLETED
xiheeetSketchingLiningColoringHighlights+ShadingDetailsCOMPLETED
xSuperMario64xSketchingLiningColoringHighlights+ShadingDetailsCOMPLETED

SnowiferSketchingLiningColoringHighlights+ShadingDetailsCOMPLETED
ReneezombieSketchingLiningColoringHighlights+ShadingDetailsCOMPLETED
FennekinsSketchingLiningColoringHighlights+ShadingDetailsCOMPLETED

Last edited:
Hi there!
Username: Snowifer
Style: Style 1
Reference:
Snowifer Reference.jpg
Reaction/expression:
(Iā€™ve only practiced smiles so if you ask for a specific expression it might not look as good, but Iā€™ll try my best)
Type: Shoulders
Challenge: I challenge you to draw a 3/4 head

these are so cute, i love them so much! good luck!
TY <3 I really appreciate it!!! I've definitely come a long way in a couple of days, it took me a long time to finally decide to post this because everyone on here is just so amazing!!
Post automatically merged:

Hi there!
Username: Snowifer
Style: Style 1
Reference:
Reaction/expression:
Type: Shoulders
Challenge: I challenge you to draw a 3/4 head
Oh emm geee! Accepted! I will try my hardest for the challenge :) Just to clarify a simple smiling expression is fine?

Username: Reneezombie
Style: (Style 1
Reference:
1595815282508.jpeg
Reaction/expression: (Iā€™ve only practiced smiles so if you ask for a specific expression it might not look as good, but Iā€™ll try my best)
Type: just head
Challenge: the hat should be challenging enough
Itā€™s ok if you need to decline :ROFLMAO:

TY <3 I really appreciate it!!! I've definitely come a long way in a couple of days, it took me a long time to finally decide to post this because everyone on here is just so amazing!!
Post automatically merged:

Oh emm geee! Accepted! I will try my hardest for the challenge :) Just to clarify a simple smiling expression is fine?
Yep, that's fine :)

Username: Reneezombie
Style: (Style 1
Reference:
Reaction/expression: (Iā€™ve only practiced smiles so if you ask for a specific expression it might not look as good, but Iā€™ll try my best)
Type: just head
Challenge: the hat should be challenging enough
Itā€™s ok if you need to decline :ROFLMAO:
I will try my best! The hat reminds me of Shinigami-sama from Soul Eater so I'm excited to try!

I"M IN LOVE!! YOU'RE ALREADY DEVELOPING A UNIQUE STYLE!! I love the variation in the eyes, eyebrows, and even face shape in each of your drawings ^ O ^ gonna come back when you're open again

I"M IN LOVE!! YOU'RE ALREADY DEVELOPING A UNIQUE STYLE!! I love the variation in the eyes, eyebrows, and even face shape in each of your drawings ^ O ^ gonna come back when you're open again
Thank you so much!! It means a lot coming from such an amazing artist šŸ˜­ šŸ’• When I get comfortable with this style I want to try something new, but I'm a looong way from that I haven't even tried complicated clothes or full bodies yet .-.
Yes!! I'm so happy you made a gallery these are great :3 I can't wait to see more~
I was excited for you to see how the style 1 changed and developed over a couple of days! Thank you for the support~ šŸ™†ā€ā™€ļøšŸ’•

We all start somewhere! Curious to see how this develops as you draw more. I need to practice more as well...
I think you're way ahead of me! Those complex poses and full body drawings you're doing are great, I'm too scared to try šŸ˜­ Let's do our best ~

I think you're way ahead of me! Those complex poses and full body drawings you're doing are great, I'm too scared to try šŸ˜­ Let's do our best ~
I think I still need to work on proportions the most especially the hands and feet haha.... Hopefully the more we practice the more we can improve our styles!

Apparently I don't know how to pace myself so I'll be taking a few days off before accepting any new comms, here is the first batch, I hope you like them!

I'll be adding some afterthought after each pic so feel free to read my struggles or ignore, it's ok either way.
Challenge: 3/4 head, I'll also count the glasses as part of the challenge lol
1595909915188.png

I was skeptical about accepting this commission because of the challenge portion, but if I don't move out of my comfort zone, I will never improve, so thank you Snowifer for the challenge. This is one of the few times I didn't like how the sketch was turning out, mostly because it was my first time trying this pose, I also was very uncertain about how it would look with the chubby cheek style. The more I kept drawing the less I was liking the outcome, but I persevered because like mentioned above I want to develop my skills, the eyes.... were... omg... I knew the eyes couldn't be the same size or have the same rotation so I kept moving them around on my laggy app until I found the perfect spot for them, of course that was until I added the glasses and I needed to re-adjust the eye position t.t but I'm overall happy with the end product. Personally, I think I need to study shading and highlight for drawing dark hair because it looks very one-dimensional/flat (except for the front part).
Challenge: Headwear/Skeleton Hood
Reneezombie.png

Clothes are also the death of me lol but this hood reminds sooooo much of Shinigami-sama from an anime called Soul Eater that I couldn't resist accepting this commission. When I began sketching I new I had two options, the first was to keep the hood looking more 'normal' by hiding the cheeks or to somehow work around that and incorporate the cheeks, and well, style one isn't called 'chubby cheebs' for nothing, so I knew I HAD to incorporate the cheeks and I love the way it turned out! I had a ton of fun figuring out how to make the hood look more 3 dimensional; I don't know if I 100% accomplished this, but it's a starter! Also, there's a secret in the hood šŸ‘€ in the anime when people want to get in contact with 'death'/Shinigami-sama they call the number 42-42-564 pronounced "shini-shini-goroshi (ć—ć«ć—ć«ć”ć‚ć—) in Japanese, which literally means death-death-murder (ꭻ恫ꭻ恫ę®ŗ恗)" the anime is not as dark as this makes it sound lol
Challenge: Flower crown
1595909741285.png

LMAO I THOUGHT THE FLOWER CROWN WAS GOING TO BE EASY LOL LOL LOL
Over all I really like how this piece turned out, I was struggling a bit with the hair because I've never been good at drawing wavy hair .-.
I though the pineapples were going to be much more challenging but I LOVE how they turned out, unfortunately the flowers ended up looking very flat so I think I need to practice drawing more digital flower, having some of them to the sides with a different angles was a first and another struggle for sure. I feel like I might've added too much highlights to this piece but I love it. It was also my first time drawing actual arms so I'm still not sure how much I like them .-. The reference pic I saw had a mosquito in it and I thought I would add it, let me know if you want me to take it off lol

@Snowifer @Reneezombie @fennekins

Snowifer & fennekins please message me for the full file, Reneezombie what you see here should be the full file for yours

Last edited:
ah it is so cute! i love it so much! thank you! itā€™s strange i didnā€™t get notified!

Last edited:
Apparently I don't know how to pace myself so I'll be taking a few days off before accepting any new comms, here is the first batch, I hope you like them!

I'll be adding some afterthought after each pic so feel free to read my struggles or ignore, it's ok either way.

Snowifer & fennekins please message me for the full file, Reneezombie what you see here should be the full file for yours

Wow, it turned out great!
Yeah I'm not sure why I didn't get a notification. I checked my history and there's nothing there šŸ¤”
Yeah with darker hair, I tend to make the base color lighter so then the shadows will pop more.

Wow, it turned out great!
Yeah I'm not sure why I didn't get a notification. I checked my history and there's nothing there šŸ¤”
Yeah with darker hair, I tend to make the base color lighter so then the shadows will pop more.
I think it's because I made the post, and edited it to then add your tags after the fact :s
TY! I'll say it again, but it was a challenge for sure, I'm still not happy with how the hair looks, so after doing a bit of research I might go back and make some revisions šŸ‘€ I was considering just having the glasses hang off the shirt, but I wanted to push myself since I've never drawn glasses on a face before :eek: The first time I drew them, I forgot to add shading to the bottom of them, so they looked very flat lol but overall I'm very happy with the results with my current skills! Hope you like it!

I love these so much, you're improving so quickly \(;-; )/ <3 Everything looks so precious and porcelain and that skeleton hood is AMAZING! also, the mosquito melts my heart (I didn't know mosquitoes could be so cute) it's a great addition

I love these so much, you're improving so quickly \(;-; )/ <3 Everything looks so precious and porcelain and that skeleton hood is AMAZING! also, the mosquito melts my heart (I didn't know mosquitoes could be so cute) it's a great addition
Thank you šŸ’• šŸ’• šŸ’• I'm very happy with the end result I had with the hood!!!!! I can't stop looking at it lol
Mosquitos only cute in drawings lol Pleakley would be proud!

Back