• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Giddy's Art Pile

Giddy

An interesting fellow
Bells
Switch
1311-3752-4435
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Welcome to...

rsz_your_mum_eats_pot_noodle.jpg

----

I have wanted to make an art thread for a long time now~
I have also wanted to do a photography thread, which I might keep seperate from here, so it's not lumped with everything else.

I guess, a little about me via art and everything. I mainly do a lot of hand drawn artwork, and have only recently gotten myself a drawing tablet~! So, digital art will be an experience that's for sure. My laptop is also a Chromebook which hates a lot of the good art programs, but I am dedicated on learning through other aspects~!
I also am just learning using different art materials, learning to colour and shade my art as well. Something I've been slightly worried on in some artwork, because I felt I would ruin it.

I also do a few arts and crafts, and creative writing which I will add here. Or maybe add the writing to the photography thread, unsure right now~

Either way, I would love to show some stuff I have been working on, things I've completed, some that are left to be completed later on. And any advice or tips will be welcomed~!

Without further ado, here is an art piece that I have been drawing/painting etc and it's not complete yet, but will update when I do:

----

Thorned Girl

rsz_thorn_girl_5.jpg

Art Materials Used So Far:

- Charchoal Pencils
- Willow Charchoal Sticks
- Watercolour pencils
- Soft Pastels

rsz_thorn_girl_1.jpg

I used a normal pencil for the draft, then used a charchoal pencil to go over it.

rsz_thorn_girl_2.jpg

My drafts for when I was working on the background. I really wanted a mosiac look to it~

rsz_thorn_girl_3.jpg

She looked cold, so added some lovely clothing~
Thought she would love a rainbow top. My only nickpik is I messed up the pearl bit, where you can see the line I tried getting rid off
:(

rsz_thorn_girl_4.jpg

Added the background colours using soft pastels, smudges was the best part!

And finally:

rsz_thorn_girl_draft_1.jpg

A draft where I was decided how to do her face and design.

rsz_thorn_girl_draft_2.jpg

A draft, as I was trying to see how to draw the best eyes, and an idea of using fairy lights tangled around the horns~

Last edited:
I've been an animation course for a few Saturdays, and I wanted to share the little design practices we've been doing in class.

Lines.gif

A more lined animation, and how a connected line can create an moving image.

424427425_1091090882219213_16872314350381750_n.gif

A flame sorta XD
We drew a spiral/wiggily moving line from top to bottom, and drew our flame according to the next frames line.

424474796_909152484069305_1607962581803626372_n.gif

My favourite piece, first fire, now water! And how water splashes. I was already ahead on this one, as I used the storm in Disney's Bambi as a reference for this. I really wanted to try to see how the water rains down the leaf area~

That's about it for now~! I have to create a 5-10 sec gif for the end goal, and funnily enough I am using my thorn girl for this idea~! I did have an idea of a dream catcher swaying in the wind, but I guess I can do that in my own time. :D

My last animation from my Animation course~

Now, before I did say I was going to use my original horned girl for my 5-10 sec gif. But honestly, the animation was really stressing me out, because it didn't go well and there was literally no time to finish it completely in the last day I had.
So, instead I scrapped it and did a different design in just one day:

Dream Catcher:

Dream-Catcher-Sway.gif

It was just a quick little design, I didn't have much time to focus on the feathers moving and swaying different in the wind. But in my own time, I will definitely do another :D
I wanted to make a simple background but I feel like the dream catcher is still sorta not it's own symbol, if that makes sense? I feel like it blends into the background; so that's something I'll have to think about next time!

Dream-catchemekr.gif

(The Horn Girl animation is being kinda finicky; so will edit it in another time. It's not the best anyways XD
Post automatically merged:

✨Diamond Painting✨

If you don't know what Diamond paintings are, they are literally pieces of art that you create by adding small round or sqaure gems to creste the picture yourselves. Example below:

D_NQ_NP_624622-CBT53241431950_012023-O.jpg

And I LOVE doing Diamond paintings~ They can be stressful, and have to make sure each gem goes on the right number, and a lotta patience, but it's still fun to do.
Here are some I have already done so far. It may be easier to tell some images by moving futher away from said screen to see them easier.

Cat 1:

rsz_p1010763_1.jpg

Cat 2:

rsz_p1010761_1.jpg

Cat 3:​

rsz_p1010762_1.jpg

Humming Bird:

rsz_humming_bird_dp.jpg

Tree/Moon:​
rsz_p1010759_1.jpg

Last edited:
A watercolour sunset a did for a friend's mum~

rsz_p1011913.jpg

Based on this video I found and practiced~

Definitely a practice,and not too fond of the tree, the brush was not working with me on this one. Loved experimented.

I finally finished my DIY Miniature room~!

Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.09.02.png

Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.14.36.png

Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.15.17.png

Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.15.58.png

Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.18.45.png

The box, plus there are some differences I have done slightly to make it more unique~ Different material for the cuboard thing, different material wrapped around the umbrella and painting the typewriter black.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.18.40.png

Painting the wood blue :D

Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.18.26.png

Fun fact, I actually wrote a little message in this enevlope that's on the table. I actually don't remember what I wrote either; so mysterious!

Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.18.15.png

Message already inside aha, wasn't sure if I should add that lil' sun face inside but decided against it.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.16.58.png

Practiced what it would look like with everyone on at the same time.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.16.22.png

Getting ready to glue everything together!!
One last thing, the glue took a number on my lampshade, so to make it less gluey; I tried painting the lamp with a some brass kinda paint to make sure it looked normal.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.14.36.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-31 17.14.36.png
    990.8 KB · Views: 0
Back