• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Upcoming Nintendo Directs for Europe and North America scheduled for December 5th!

No, they ARE at the same time!

Let's convert them both to GMT (UK Time):

CET (6pm) - 1 Hour = GMT (5PM)
Pacific Time (9am) + 8 Hours = GMT (5PM)

I assumed that 9am Pacific Time is 12pm Eastern Time, and the Europe Direct is 5pm, as thus Eastern is 12pm...

Am I accurate?

It depends of the GMT. For us in France, the European and US Directs will be broadcasted a the same time (6pm).

Sounds suspiciously like they are planning to announce some big news, or at least news we've all been waiting for. Why else schedule both Directs at the same time?

Upcoming Nintendo Direct for North America, December 5th at 9am Pacific Time

Since no-one else has made a thread about this, I thought I would!

Nintendo of America have recently announced, via Twitter, a Nintendo Direct Scheduled for Wednesday 5th December at:

5pm GMT (Same time as Europe!)
9am Pacific Time
12pm Central Time

I think that it is more than coincidence that these Nintendo Directs are at te same time. I think that Nintendo are planning some big news! Both ND's will cover 3DS and Wii U titles being launched In the remainder of 2012 and first months of 2013.

Hehe does anyone else see the parallelism...? I wonder if they'll finally announce New Leaf for NA as well as for Europe. I don't think that they will be able to release it until April since we've all heard from the problems of purchasing new modified game cards, but maybe they'll give a statement.

Of course, they could still keep the information about New Leaf back, as they did for months now. It's really strange that Japan has the game almost a month while others don't even have something to speculate about.

First post and the ACNewLeaf.com article have been updated to reflect the NoA announnment. Intrestingly, NoA even went as far as to say this: "We'll be taking a fresh look at several announced Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games coming in 2013." Basically confirming the presence of Animal Crossing!

After such a long wait, I feel excited about the up coming ND, but jaded at the same time. I will not be surprised (upset, but not taken aback) if ACNL gets no mention. It has happened before (*cough* E3 *cough*)

Oh, please, Nintendo of America: end my suffering- all I want is a release date!

tumblr_mej3lz6kS01ql2y73o2_1280.jpg

hmmm???

This is the calendar for the Club Nintendo people. Take note that the big 3 on the picture, is meant to mean MARCH.. the 3RD MONTH. Not the release date of the game. But the fact that Nintendo used this art for March MIGHT be a hint. MIGHT. I'm posting this here because this seems to be the place for major discussion right now :p

Last edited:
Agreed. I am getting it for my birthday next month, even if it's a late birthday present, since my last birthday presents have all been games released up to around 4 months after. So I can wait. Just need the date to look forward to, hehe.

View attachment 2268

hmmm???

This is the calendar for the Club Nintendo people. Take note that the big 3 on the picture, is meant to mean MARCH.. the 3RD MONTH. Not the release date of the game. But the fact that Nintendo used this art for March MIGHT be a hint. MIGHT. I'm posting this here because this seems to be the place for major discussion right now :p

Let's just hope it is a hint. Don't play with our fragile hearts, Nintendo!

That is a pretty nice calendar either way.

View attachment 2268

hmmm???

Wait, so is this just a calendar, and AC:NL is just the picture for March whereas other pictures(Mario, Zelda, etc....) take up the other months?

In my honest opinion, the calendar means absoultely nothing. Animal Crossing is a game that we know is coming out sometime early next year. March is early so they choose Animal Crossing for that month. Doubt there's anything to really read into here.

In my honest opinion, the calendar means absoultely nothing. Animal Crossing is a game that we know is coming out sometime early next year. March is early so they choose Animal Crossing for that month. Doubt there's anything to really read into here.

We shall see in a few hours...... HOPEFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

personally, I'm hoping for February!!!!!

Last edited:
We shall see in a few hours...... HOPEFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

personally, I'm hoping for February!!!!!

True true. We'll know for sure hopefully very soon.

What parts of Europe would that be?
I don't know but if you google it, it tell you

View attachment 2268

hmmm???

Happy I finally saw a picture of this

I do see the calendar as a hint, but not defs for march, maybe march/april

SCREW WII U!
OMGHHAHAHAHAH

So are these two on at the same time?

First post and the ACNewLeaf.com article have been updated to reflect the NoA announnment. Intrestingly, NoA even went as far as to say this: "We'll be taking a fresh look at several announced Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games coming in 2013." Basically confirming the presence of Animal Crossing!

Yessss :):)

On Nintendo.nl (Dutch) it says something simular...

"Deze Nintendo Direct-presentatie zal op 5 december uitgezonden worden op de Nintendo Direct-site, vanaf 18:00. Hierin neemt Nintendo of Europe-directeur Satoru Shibata een kijkje naar de spellen die in de komende maanden naar de Wii U en Nintendo 3DS komen."

It says... Satoru Shibata wil take a look at games wich will come to Wii U and Nintendo 3ds in the upcoming months !

Love the Month part! :)

I honestly believe this will be a little christmas surprise from nintendo. Not the game being released asap or anything.. but them finally giving the fans what they want to hear... for the holidays :)

Back