• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Unpopular opinions?

Why no art deco?

I want this. I want Art Deco furniture. Exteriors. Massive sculptures to dot my town. <3

As for unpopular opinions... I think the whole dreamie thing is weird and obsessive. And that's coming from an extremely obsessive person.

i like grass erosion
i like that there's a 16-villager cycle
i like random house placement

I don't find Marshall that appealing. I find Coco, Ankha, Lucky and Stitches really repulsive. I couldn't care less for cat villagers.

Finally I think Nintendo should quit making Animal Crossing games for handheld consoles. I don't like handheld consoles and when they make an Animal Crossing for one of them, I am obliged to buy it and resell it once I'm done with that version. I love my home consoles like my Wii U.

I like grass erosion.

Last edited:
grass erosion is okay with me.
I'm not picky about villagers, and think most can be endearing even if they're not the most visually appealing. Coach and Deena, for example.
I don't like Chrissy, her eyes make her look scary.
I don't really understand the fascination people have with paths, even if I've seen a lot that look really good.
I like Kapp'n a lot

I don't like jock villagers, I find them the most irritating type
I don't mind it when villagers move into a random spot even though my town has paths, I usually just redo my paths to fit around the new house
I don't understand the hype about top tier villagers - I know I have some, but until I joined this site I didn't even know about dreamies and villager popularity, I went by whose design I liked and who had a personality I liked

Not a fan of Coco. Not a fan of pretty much any of the hamsters, despite finding them adorable before I actually saw them ingame.

I think it's obnoxious as all hell to give people a hard time for having favorite villagers (aka dreamies) and doing whatever they can to get them. It's their town, who can blame them for wanting to have their faves in it? Though the tier system does baffle me quite a bit.

I like Kapp'n a lot too! I do wish I could skip his songs when I'm in a rush, but I really like him as a fixture in the AC series.

i like grass erosion
i like that there's a 16-villager cycle
i like random house placement

All of this, except I don't particularly like grass erosion; however, I do appreciate that it's there and that it's possible to regrow grass.

1. I also reset just to see Resetti, he's my favorite AC character out of both villagers and special/shopkeeping characters.
2. I hate Julian
3. I hate Stitches
4. Just because Julian is a Unicorn that doesn't mean he's any different from other smug horses. I also don't think he's gay.
5. I like villagers based on personality (not type, but if they are kind/unique)
6. Cranky is my favorite personality type
7. When I was younger my sister had most control over our AC games, and hardly ever let me play WW with her, so when I got New Leaf it was my first real AC game tbh.
8. I went to a game/comic/figurine store and they recently got a bunch of AC plushies: Timmy/tommy, KK, DJ KK, Tom nook, Isabelle, Resse/Cyrus, Bunnie, Fauna, Mable, Kicks, Kappn, Rover, many more. But I chose Resetti :)
9. I hate that they toned Resetti down. If they wanted him optional keep his rants and stuff similar to other games for those who used their bells to buy his jobs back.

Edit: Forgot some!!

10. I don't really like anime. AoT seems cool but scary at the same time because I hate seeing bloodshed :-(
11. I think that yes, while some villagers are not pleasing to the eyes, you should at least give them a chance. My friends favorite villager is cole who moved into my town, and I'm starting to actually like him.
12. I find tumblr annoying because:
---this
---im so done
---done
---whAT
(basically their language sucks)

I'm probably forgetting some but I can edit this again if I do remember

Edit #2: would you look at that I forgot some

13. While some villagers can seem homosexual at times (particularly smugs) I don't think people should go around saying "omg I have this gay unicorn in acnl lolol." We should wait to see if nintendo confirms that some lines of text were meant to sound like that or if they were being the gentleman-type villager and complimenting the player the way smugs are supposed to.

Last edited:
I don't like gold/black roses. I don't like the gold furniture or exterior. I am not a fan of towns that militant in their plot placements, I like seeing villagers spread out, even if it can get a little awkward with paths, but then again... I don't like towns that excessively use QR codes either. --- This isn't to say such towns aren't pretty, they're just not as enjoyable for me.

Last edited:
>phrases opinions in the most inflammatory way possible

No one is a special snowflake just because they like lower-tier villagers. It means you have different tastes. That's it, that's literally all. SURPRISE! You are a human with different tastes than others: aka the most common thing on this earth besides dirt and insects. Tiers are annoying, but they're a measurement, not a dictate of value. In fact, you're not even a special snowflake because you have an unpopular opinion~ it just means you have different tastes! And in the same way I don't think you should be mocked for that, I don't think you should mock holders of other or more mainstream opinions for that.

IMO it's rude as heck to disregard people's headcanons and people should not do that. I can think my Julian is gay if I want to, I can think my Phoebe is aromantic or that Muffy is pan like me and that she's shyly interested in Freya, and you can't tell me that I can't or that villagers aren't programmed that way. There are a LOT of problematic connotations to just assuming that the default is heterosexuality and I find that assumption repulsive. Similiarly, you can have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT headcanons about villagers. Headcanons are personal things. Leave them alone.

I don't think island tours are fun.

I don't like visiting other people's towns or having people over very much. I feel so awkward because I don't type quickly xP

Hoenn was the best region. End of story.

I don't really have strong feelings about Marshal even though he's in my town and I think that hating something because it's popular is way more obnoxious than only liking something because it's popular.

That being said, I think a lot of villager species designs need a huge overhaul. The ducks and deer are cute, but the horses are terrifying looking and the mice are just tragic.

>phrases opinions in the most inflammatory way possible

No one is a special snowflake just because they like lower-tier villagers. It means you have different tastes. That's it, that's literally all. SURPRISE! You are a human with different tastes than others: aka the most common thing on this earth besides dirt and insects. Tiers are annoying, but they're a measurement, not a dictate of value. In fact, you're not even a special snowflake because you have an unpopular opinion~ it just means you have different tastes! And in the same way I don't think you should be mocked for that, I don't think you should mock holders of other or more mainstream opinions for that.

IMO it's rude as heck to disregard people's headcanons and people should not do that. I can think my Julian is gay if I want to, I can think my Phoebe is aromantic or that Muffy is pan like me and that she's shyly interested in Freya, and you can't tell me that I can't or that villagers aren't programmed that way. There are a LOT of problematic connotations to just assuming that the default is heterosexuality and I find that assumption repulsive. Similiarly, you can have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT headcanons about villagers. Headcanons are personal things. Leave them alone.

I don't think island tours are fun.

I don't like visiting other people's towns or having people over very much. I feel so awkward because I don't type quickly xP

Hoenn was the best region. End of story.

I'm near positive you directed the Julian one at me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It'd be fun to see more diversity and more people encountering and keeping cool villagers rather than preselecting them and then collecting. Maybe then people would be more willing to trade for fun and goodwill instead of everyone competing for the same rhinosceros all the time.

I actually do this most of the time, I have only bought 2 villagers:
Marshal because here on tbt someone was auctioning him and no one was bidding. I don't like letting villagers void
Fauna was same as marshal but on a different site

Last edited:
I actually do this most of the time, I have only bought 2 villagers:
Marshal because here on tbt someone was auctioning him and no one was bidding. I don't like letting villagers void
Fauna was same as marshal but on a different site

huh? I wasn't going to void Marshal, I would have just given him away for free.

Anyways, mine are:
-I miss the Snooty and Cranky villagers being mean to me XD And I'll never understand people calling Uchis rude because they seem really nice, especially in comparison to the old personalities!
-I like all the species of villagers. A lot of people hate the Gorillas, Cows, etc but I think they're cute too!

Got some of unpopular opinions...

1. I don't like Marshal because of how his personality doesn't match to his appearance. If his personality is cranky, then maybe I will start to like him.

2. While AC purposely have villagers that already make them what they use to be (cute, ugly, etc), people need to stop disliking every villagers they meet. At least there are some people like me who understand why villagers look like it and began to love them.

3. I don't like flower hybrid because really...they are just flowers. Even if you want to make flowers colorful and pretty, they take a long time and cost spaces that you might want to regret for something.

4. While some island tours are fun (hide and seek, diving tour, hammer time), most of them are pretty boring and not that fun at all.

I think that grass deterioration would be a great mechanic if it was easier to control.

I don't like the luck/fortune mechanics. (Other than the fortune cookies. Those [in AC at least] are great.)

I want all the flowers to be able to be gold. I also want silver flowers!
Majority of the Nintendo furniture is nun appalling to me, and I LOATHE seeing tons of streetpass homes of starter houses overcrowded with gyroids and Nintendo furniture.
I hate it when ACNL noobs upload starter towns via dream suite. It's boring and there's nothing to see.
Just some random common flowers, random villagers and a house with a ton of Mario stuff in it. Boo!

I want all the flowers to be able to be gold. I also want silver flowers!
Majority of the Nintendo furniture is nun appalling to me, and I LOATHE seeing tons of streetpass homes of starter houses overcrowded with gyroids and Nintendo furniture.
I hate it when ACNL noobs upload starter towns via dream suite. It's boring and there's nothing to see.
Just some random common flowers, random villagers and a house with a ton of Mario stuff in it. Boo!

Yeah once I put random dream town and I just saw no paths and the third house upgrade but nothing in it. I forgot the DA though.

Back