• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Unpopular opinions?

I actually like towns with no paths or qr codes better than the ones that have them. This is coming from someone who had full paths in my previous town that I thought looked really nice. However since restarting and actually being able to see the grass I've been wondering what I was thinking covering the ground in qr codes last time. They look a little bit too fake and out of place to me now.

The modern theme is quite underrated. I kinda love the modern/apartment exterior that I've got going on at my mayor's house, and the modern police station looks better/so much less dilapidated than the classic, which is just such a disgraceful building.

The modern theme is quite underrated. I kinda love the modern/apartment exterior that I've got going on at my mayor's house, and the modern police station looks better/so much less dilapidated than the classic, which is just such a disgraceful building.

I actually quite like the modern theme too! I just changed my train station into the modern style and I really like it. I think I'll go with the modern police station in my new town too (although I'll miss Booker, he's my fave).

I actually like towns with no paths or qr codes better than the ones that have them. This is coming from someone who had full paths in my previous town that I thought looked really nice. However since restarting and actually being able to see the grass I've been wondering what I was thinking covering the ground in qr codes last time. They look a little bit too fake and out of place to me now.

I somewhat agree. I just use a really natural 1 tile path and some grass patterns for the blander areas. But I prefer less because I looooooove my flowers a lot~ And I do like seeing my grass. I try to keep my QR grass in good taste and not super all over the place~

As for my Unpopular opinions...

-Resetti's actually one of my favorite characters. The angrier he makes you, the happier he makes me. And yes, I've seen how he acted in past games~
-I actually don't think Rover's annoying and I don't mind seeing him while I plot reset or scout~
-I think Marshal's kind of ugly and highly overrated, and does not deserve a slot in Tier 1

- - - Post Merge - - -

- I also hate a lot of the fairy-tale themed stuff. The caste-themed house has those ugly bricks. The fantasy-themed town hall is ugly af. And the fairy tale PWPs are so...gaudy. So I don't get why those are so popular.

- - - Post Merge - - -

(Note: I'm not saying a town's ugly if they have those though x3 they're just not my taste)

You know, I'm beginning to think liking Resetti isn't actually an unpopular opinion. xP

Dr Shrunk is adorable and deserves more credit.

You know, I'm beginning to think liking Resetti isn't actually an unpopular opinion. xP

Dr Shrunk is adorable and deserves more credit.

You think? I was under the impression he was still quite disliked.
And agreed on Shrunk. I love him~

You think? I was under the impression he was still quite disliked.
And agreed on Shrunk. I love him~

Looking at just this thread at least, he seems decently reputable. I don't dip into many ACNL communities, but that opinion seems to be fairly prevalent given how many people have posted it in this thread?

The thread asking whether anyone laughed at Shrunk's jokes made me so sad for the poor lil axolotl :') Honestly he reminds me of Chuggaaconroy in the good old days when he wasn't quite as scripted as he seems now.

(he also kind of reminds me of me when I'm trying to upset my dormmates with horrible puns heh heh oops)

Agree! My new town is gonna be modern themed.
Plus idk if you were talking about this but the modern furniture is so cool as it has so many customization options!!

I love Beardo
I think Merengue doesn't have an awful lot of personality
Marshal is bleh
Beardo should be in at least Tier 3

Me too. It means I have to sacrifice one of my favourite villagers, but I gotta have one of each type

I think too many people take animal crossing too seriously with things like tons of plot resetting and getting all tier one dreamies. I can't imagine it being that fun if you're too much of a perfectionist by resetting your town because you just decided you don't like a pwp placement or that you don't like the shape of your grass. Also I think TT kind of defeats the point (unless it's just a day or less) of animal crossing and that's what leads to people getting bored quickly. Finally some people should see the fun in having 'uglier' villagers and give them a chance.

I think too many people take animal crossing too seriously with things like tons of plot resetting and getting all tier one dreamies. I can't imagine it being that fun if you're too much of a perfectionist by resetting your town because you just decided you don't like a pwp placement or that you don't like the shape of your grass. Also I think TT kind of defeats the point (unless it's just a day or less) of animal crossing and that's what leads to people getting bored quickly. Finally some people should see the fun in having 'uglier' villagers and give them a chance.

I'd agree with this to some extent. I definitely TTed too much in my first town and finished everything in a few months. This time around I'm not TTing with the exception of the villager resetting that I did in the beginning. For me the game just isn't fun if I don't like my villagers.

I think campsite resetting is a waste of time. Really, you only have a 1 in 400 (I don't recall the exact numbers of villagers in the game) or so chance of actually finding the villager you want. It's so much faster checking multiple websites. I guess if you're really lucky you will get your desired villager quickly, but that's rarely the case.

Last edited:
I think plot resetting is a waste of time. Really, you only have a 1 in 400 (I don't recall the exact numbers of villagers in the game) or so chance of actually finding the villager you want. It's so much faster checking multiple websites. I guess if you're really lucky you will get your desired villager quickly, but that's rarely the case.

I was under the impression plot resetting was for getting villager houses in desired locations? But if that's not true, I agree. It really only makes sense to plot reset for villagers during your uchi/smug move in days of a new town, since that cuts down the possibilities.

(I totally got Phoebe through successful plot resetting during the uchi move-in phase of Baker though ahahah)

Back