• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Softly Crying For My Favorite AC Game

August

Mayor of Tomatotown
Bells
Switch
4424-7215-6811
Fossil Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Light Blue Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
Invader
Pinky
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Anyone else shed a tear when they logged in today to find the countdown timer has been replaced with the ACNL load screen music?

I have so many wonderful memories of New Leaf, I spent a lot of hours breeding blue roses and planting perfect fruit. Tons of time putting down floor pathing, and hunting for the villagers I wanted (looking at you Rudy). It was my first Animal Crossing game, and such a place of comfort for me in my early adult years, as I'm sure it was and probably IS for many of you. AC led me here, to Bell Tree Forums, where I've frequented visits through the years and met many, many, sweet people. I opened up my own bush start and weeding shop on the forums YEARS ago, and absolutely loved helping people make their towns pretty. I'm really grateful we all got to play the same amazing game with each other, for as long as we did.

Here are some decade old screenshots from my first times in New Leaf!

Do you guys have any precious memories from New Leaf? I'm sure everyone does, I'd love to hear!

Attachments

• 1711134535387.png
    1711134535387.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 1711134621521.png
    1711134621521.png
    263.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I also felt quite emotional when I saw that, and had to sit and listen to the song out of respect ;_;
Gah, I wished I looked at more dream addresses in the past, that's what I am most sadden by. It least I can look at some atm. (500 bells, really Luna?)

I probably spent more time with New leaf then any other animal crossing game; even when new horizons came out. I had no switch so I still played my new leaf, and was in the middle of putting all items down and figure out what I wanna keep and what not to keep. As well as trying to give my players a nice home. Still takes a bit of time haha~

I believe I helped a lot of people out with specific villagers and RV items when I got a second copy. That was a load of fun. I am still trying to collect all the amiibo needed for specific RV villagers (looking at you Medli, my sweet child),and almost have all the animal crossing amiibo (of course Celeste gotta be expensive ;_;)

I met a lot of people on tortimer's Island, it was where I did find some great pals. I sadly don't have any other way to contact them anymore ;_: Maybe I'll one day go through my friend list and see if I can put it up here, and reconnect that way? I dunno.
But I vaguely remember just relaxing in ones town, talking to each other; patiently waiting for them to reply. Gah making me feel sad!
The tours with random people will be missed. I did have a few who were angry at me, for like taking their shark or bug by accident. Then out of spite turning their game off maybe, causing an error.
The people asking for bells despite they too got on the Island just easily. Glad I ain't dealing with people causing irritation on the Island though. That was scary.

The fishing, and bus tournaments were more fun here. As well as lief being more involved but I can understand now that weeds look more beautiful etc.
Putting down patterns so the villagers will move in a desires spot was a problem. It's why I got hardly any trees right now.

I was able to get all my pictures from my ds's and I'll share some fun lil images.

HNI_0055.JPG
Mint, ingame suggesting more than just coffee. Nintendo, please.
HNI_0048.JPG
Gimmie these items back again~
HNI_0047.JPG
It looks so beautiful here.
HNI_0035.JPG
I forget who asked for this, but signatures~!!
HNI_0012.JPG
HNI_0011.JPG
Both back again!
HNI_0005.JPG
Binnnnnnnggooooooooooooo (their unique items were great)
HNI_0076.JPG
As said before, just chatting was so much fun.
HNI_0088.JPG
Making coffee for my good boi
HNI_0066.JPG
My tiny lil tree omgg!
HNI_0058.JPG
Loved this game~ Nintendo bring it back.

I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to read about all the experiences that the forum members have had with New Leaf. In particular it was wonderful to read all the entries in the "Mayoral Memories" contest but the entries in the drawing contest made me emotional too. It's unbelievable nice to know that there is someone out there who shares the same emotions as you about an important part of your life. I would also like to explain what New Leaf meant to me... but it would be a really huge post because it was something fundamental for my personal growth. And the thing is... I don't feel ready to share my personal life with others, there are too many things that I feel ashamed of and that I'm not proud of. But New Leaf was there every time one of those things happened, and every time it still happens. I really owe a lot to this little game and to the Bell Tree which allowed me to enjoy my passion for Animal Crossing to the fullest. But most of all I have to thank the people, because obviously it's all of you who make this place wonderful

I also felt quite emotional when I saw that, and had to sit and listen to the song out of respect ;_;
Gah, I wished I looked at more dream addresses in the past, that's what I am most sadden by. It least I can look at some atm. (500 bells, really Luna?)

I probably spent more time with New leaf then any other animal crossing game; even when new horizons came out. I had no switch so I still played my new leaf, and was in the middle of putting all items down and figure out what I wanna keep and what not to keep. As well as trying to give my players a nice home. Still takes a bit of time haha~

I believe I helped a lot of people out with specific villagers and RV items when I got a second copy. That was a load of fun. I am still trying to collect all the amiibo needed for specific RV villagers (looking at you Medli, my sweet child),and almost have all the animal crossing amiibo (of course Celeste gotta be expensive ;_;)

I met a lot of people on tortimer's Island, it was where I did find some great pals. I sadly don't have any other way to contact them anymore ;_: Maybe I'll one day go through my friend list and see if I can put it up here, and reconnect that way? I dunno.
But I vaguely remember just relaxing in ones town, talking to each other; patiently waiting for them to reply. Gah making me feel sad!
The tours with random people will be missed. I did have a few who were angry at me, for like taking their shark or bug by accident. Then out of spite turning their game off maybe, causing an error.
The people asking for bells despite they too got on the Island just easily. Glad I ain't dealing with people causing irritation on the Island though. That was scary.

The fishing, and bus tournaments were more fun here. As well as lief being more involved but I can understand now that weeds look more beautiful etc.
Putting down patterns so the villagers will move in a desires spot was a problem. It's why I got hardly any trees right now.

I was able to get all my pictures from my ds's and I'll share some fun lil images.
I had to sit and listen to the music too, there's something about it that's just super comfy and peaceful!~ I love all of the screenshots <3 They're super nostalgic, almost like little time capsules of all the adventures you've had! Man its crazy how we don't have to plot reset anymore!! That took AGES! Patterning every tile of your town ;w;
I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to read about all the experiences that the forum members have had with New Leaf. In particular it was wonderful to read all the entries in the "Mayoral Memories" contest but the entries in the drawing contest made me emotional too. It's unbelievable nice to know that there is someone out there who shares the same emotions as you about an important part of your life. I would also like to explain what New Leaf meant to me... but it would be a really huge post because it was something fundamental for my personal growth. And the thing is... I don't feel ready to share my personal life with others, there are too many things that I feel ashamed of and that I'm not proud of. But New Leaf was there every time one of those things happened, and every time it still happens. I really owe a lot to this little game and to the Bell Tree which allowed me to enjoy my passion for Animal Crossing to the fullest. But most of all I have to thank the people, because obviously it's all of you who make this place wonderful

It is pretty bittersweet hearing that so many people have had so much love for this little Animal Crossing game. It makes you wonder if the developers ever thought we'd make these games our little safe space, a home away from home of sorts. I get where you're coming from, precious as they are, some of these memories are also very personal for me. But, honestly? I think that just makes New Leaf even more special. Its a game I'll always have a big smile on when it boots up.

But, honestly? I think that just makes New Leaf even more special. Its a game I'll always have a big smile on when it boots up.
Yes!! That's exactly the power, and the magic, of New Leaf! It always manages to make me smile💕
Because at the end of the day... "bad times are just times that are bad"💖

I definitely plan on making a thread post with all my nostaglic screenshots from the game~
I'll have to check dates and everything, because I played it on several different 3ds/2dsxl consoles.

I think, if you had patterns down everywhere already it would be fine but yeah.

Back