Unpopular opinions?

Majority of the Nintendo furniture is nun appalling to me, and I LOATHE seeing tons of streetpass homes of starter houses overcrowded with gyroids and Nintendo furniture.
I hate it when ACNL noobs upload starter towns via dream suite. It's boring and there's nothing to see.
Just some random common flowers, random villagers and a house with a ton of Mario stuff in it. Boo!

Yep I'm with you on these!

I love reading these unpopular opinions x) Well, I don't think that paths and a lot of flowers, etc is ugly.. I mean, I guess some people like the game for mostly decorating, you just need to observe the effort that is made, not only running and wandering. (i'm not directing to anyone xDD I respect any opinon x)), but it's true that it's annoying to ONLY want the dream villagers, like I don't have them all and I don't plan to get them all now, I'm just looking for 1 now (Margie) and I only want her because it was my favorite and first person to move in my town in ACWW.. Tbh, I prefer having villagers come and leave (or stay also), you just get to see lots of villagers and maybe you'll love one of them and make them stay. Also, I LOOOOOOOVE Resetti, I just love it that he annoying and obnoxious xD I miss it when in ACWW he used to tell us to repeat what he's saying (like "Excuse me", "I'm so sorry") xDD I'm definitely getting the reset center!

I don't like Merengue. She has a sticky dessert on her head.lol. That bugs me.

I wish we had only five villagers in our town instead of 10.

Hazel is adorable.I love her eyebrows.

The octopuss villagers noses bug me too.

Over crowded towns ( Too many bushes and trees) makes me feel claustrophobic.

Balloon furniture is the worst set ever.

Almost every town has a cafe. A lot of people say they're too common, but I like them and they're fun to create.

I don't like Merengue. She has a sticky dessert on her head.lol. That bugs me.

I wish we had only five villagers in our town instead of 10.

Hazel is adorable.I love her eyebrows.

The octopuss villagers noses bug me too.

Over crowded towns ( Too many bushes and trees) makes me feel claustrophobic.

Balloon furniture is the worst set ever.

Almost every town has a cafe. A lot of people say they're too common, but I like them and they're fun to create.

With ya on that last one! You can never have too many bakeries/cafe's/sweet shoppe's!

I appreciate people giving dream town reviews, but I hate it when they critisize every little thing. Like, the music you chose for your rooms, The flower arrangements and colors, how they think your house should look, the fact that you have flowers on your beach etc. I like to point out the nice things about someones town, not the things that don't suite me. Although sometimes people ask to be critiqued, and want help, but most just want to show off all the hard work they put into there towns.

Over crowded towns ( Too many bushes and trees) makes me feel claustrophobic..

I visited one of these the other day and honestly couldn't find my way back to the plaza to get out. Sometimes there were bushes in the way that you couldn't even see. I like forest towns but they need a path that's at least 2 tiles wide to make them possible to navigate.

I love the cranky personality type for villagers. I also like a lot of the tier 4 and 5 villagers and really don't care about the tier 1 villagers that much. I like the pace of the game and how you can spend a lot of time on the game while still having plenty of things to do. I don't like time traveling or duplication glitch.

I want all the flowers to be able to be gold. I also want silver flowers!
Majority of the Nintendo furniture is nun appalling to me, and I LOATHE seeing tons of streetpass homes of starter houses overcrowded with gyroids and Nintendo furniture.
I hate it when ACNL noobs upload starter towns via dream suite. It's boring and there's nothing to see.
Just some random common flowers, random villagers and a house with a ton of Mario stuff in it. Boo!

I put all of my nintendo furniture into two separate museum exhibits, one for most everything and the other for Mario (They made way too many mario cookies items!) The third exhibit is the Memories of Athens exhibit. It has the fireworks items, the gracie chair i got from a fashion check, my town flags, my first sets of tools, some favorite furniture items etc;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love the cranky personality type for villagers. I also like a lot of the tier 4 and 5 villagers and really don't care about the tier 1 villagers that much. I like the pace of the game and how you can spend a lot of time on the game while still having plenty of things to do. I don't like time traveling or duplication glitch.

Same here, one time my friend randomly came uninvited and started asking to dupe. I was just like uh whatever and even though he interrupted a trade AND came uninvited he still wouldnt let me have more than six gold roses -___- like yeah dupe idc but let me have a bit of the profit, I didn't even ask you to come!!!

I think over-planned towns are restrictive, I hate being in a dream town and being forced by trees/bushes to follow the path. I want to wander!

I agree. I also don't like towns where the trees are planted in exact rows & everything is too neat. I like well made paths--but also the ability to walk about and around nature.

Paths go around the trees, not through them. I like a town where nature is respected.

I love reading these unpopular opinions x) Well, I don't think that paths and a lot of flowers, etc is ugly.. I mean, I guess some people like the game for mostly decorating, you just need to observe the effort that is made, not only running and wandering. (i'm not directing to anyone xDD I respect any opinon x)), but it's true that it's annoying to ONLY want the dream villagers, like I don't have them all and I don't plan to get them all now, I'm just looking for 1 now (Margie) and I only want her because it was my favorite and first person to move in my town in ACWW.. Tbh, I prefer having villagers come and leave (or stay also), you just get to see lots of villagers and maybe you'll love one of them and make them stay. Also, I LOOOOOOOVE Resetti, I just love it that he annoying and obnoxious xD I miss it when in ACWW he used to tell us to repeat what he's saying (like "Excuse me", "I'm so sorry") xDD I'm definitely getting the reset center!

I'm glad that a lot of these unpopular opinions include "I Like resetti"

For the longest time I thought I was the only one!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree. I also don't like towns where the trees are planted in exact rows & everything is too neat. I like well made paths--but also the ability to walk about and around nature.

Paths go around the trees, not through them. I like a town where nature is respected.

My only paths are made of flowers, literally. I take flowers and basically do this

flower path path flower
flower path path flower
etc

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who posted here. :) I didn't agree with many things, but the way some of them were said made me literally laugh out loud.

Especially the Julian debate & over the top ways of hating things.

I can't stand Resetti, but it made me laugh to see people liking him---I think that's cute & weird in the good way. :)

I enjoy towns that over use trees and bushes.
The limitations on trees and bushes disgusts me because it makes mazes impossible without hacking.
I make fun of every single animal in the game.
Despite towns already being kinda small, I wish I could have 2 more animals move in so that it would feel more crowded.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I wish there was more conflict, and possibly violence in the game.

- I'm not a fan of over-planned, restricted towns where everything is perfect, houses in row etc.
- I'm not a fan of pink/pastel themed towns where everything is pink, pastel, mermaid, etc, cute themed towns.
- I like when town looks kinda wild, like weeds and junk somewhere, unfinished stuff, houses in random places
- I love black flowers
- I would love to have Rafflesia plant in my town, but I don't want to have worst town status, aw
- Jock and Cranky villagers are my fav
- I'm not a fan of Nintendo furniture too (just like most of you here haha!) BUT I have Samus Aran in my town (which wears whole Varia Suit) and I could have 100 Metroids in house. Just a little tribute because Metroid is my fav series.
- I like Gracie

Oh man, I love these threads since I usually have quiiite a lot to say in regards to them.

- I have absolutely no issue with people hacking their towns, especially with the RAM editor. I mean, come on, considering a lot of the restrictions that are placed in the game that hinder people's experience, I can't blame them. I always hear people saying how sad they are that they demolished a bridge but can't rebuild another one in the same place, and I have to bite my tongue to tell them to see if they can use the RAM editor to move it! It's incredibly helpful and I can't blame a damn soul for using it.
- I really don't like towns that have TOO much fake flowers (flowers that are drawn into paths) despite the fact that I have a section with this. But when most of the town is filled to the brim with these... no thanks.
- I'm really bored of towns that have a moat going around their town tree. I see it so often that it's, well, boring now.
- I CANNOT STAND THESE TYPES OF PATHS:
HNI_0041.JPG
I just do NOT like pathing that doesn't have the borders around it. I don't mind single tiles or stepping stones like that, but actual paths? Dear god no. I think it just looks incredibly sloppy and tacky.
- I'll never understand the hype around the wolf characters.
- Towns that are hella restrictive with their paths annoy me. I HATE trying to make a turn to get out of a path or reach a house and being blocked by some invisi-bush to ~keep me on track~
- I'm pretty sure I'm alone in this, but I LOVE the sound of cicadas, both in game AND in real life. There's just something that's oddly soothing and relaxing about hearing them. I don't mind them at all. Hell, I'm listening to them in real life right now. They've just never annoyed me.
- I don't really get why people get so angry about unfinished dream towns being uploaded to the Dream Suite. I mean, most kids who play this game aren't really doing it with the intention of showing and creating a perfect town of impeccable beauty and serenity, and they probably just upload their town to the database for fun without really knowing that a lot of people use the Dream Suite to visit, well, well-developed towns. I just find it a bit petty to be hating on all these "unfinished towns" being put in the Dream Suite since a lot of people don't put them there just to show off their towns, they just do it for fun and to maybe get some dream town visitors. Plus, you can always just google "fun dream towns" and go to those dream codes rather than risk going into an unfinished town by letting Luna choose for you.
- Reese's voice annoys me and I hate how she follows me. I know most shopkeepers follow you around but for some reason I hate it the most when she does it.
- I don't understand why anyone would want to have that one face where the eyes are half-closed and you look like you have two black eyes. Maybe for "kawaii uguu" effect or whatever but I just think it looks awful.
- There should be at least ONE lion villager that isn't in tier 5. Honestly, that's just sad that they're all stuffed down there.
- Every house exterior upgrade that isn't the castle one looks really tacky.
- Uploading a screenshot of a few cedar trees in your town at 4am with some bushes and lucky clovers in the frame and adding the Waifu2x effect with the caption "peaceful morning in Anothereverydaytownbyapopularbloggerville~ uwu is boring.
- The bandages aren't cute. Neither is the hospital mask.
- Marshal is my baby but he's very much overrated. Still my cute squirrel friend tho

- I don't understand the hype over wolf villagers (Whitney being the exception since she's been my favourite since Wild World and means a lot to me)
- I don't like towns that only have one type of villager species like an all deer town, all squirrel town, etc
- The hacked town are cool and all, but they're overrated as well
- I think the mermaid series is ugly and I don't understand why it's one of the most popular ones. Using the set for a bathroom is okay but as a bedroom, I just don't like it.
- The villagers houses are boring. I want to bring back the ones from City Folk. They're my favourite.
- The castle exterior is boring and way too overused. I like the look of the cottage looking exterior.
- Towns that were set up during the cherry blossom season are pretty but they're so common
- Towns that have all the houses in one line are so boring. Like I want to search for all the houses and it just bothers me to have all of them in a single line
- Dream addresses that are set up during the night or during a thunder storm are my favourite.
- I don't like it when one moves one of the dreamies out of their town just because they didn't set up their house in a good spot. Like if they're your dreamie, at least work around their house instead of getting rid of them.
- I hate tulips so much. I think they're ugly.
- I have so much respect for the towns that have clovers as paths.

Last edited:
-Personally I'm not a huge fan of most of the popular villagers. I think it's because I'm not a huge fan of the cute theme.
- I think super organized towns are okay, but personally I prefer houses that aren't always in a line or in rows. I like planning my town around other houses and see where it takes me! There's no need to stress out over a super detailed town plan.
- I love orange flowers. :)
- I also see a lot of people complaining about overly done themes, but honestly there aren't many pwps and house exteriors to choose from so naturally there's going to be some repetitive stuff.

Last edited:
Back