• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Unpopular opinions?

NightDelight

Meme Collector
Bells
I want to here everyone's unpopular opinions!?

I'll start off. I think having AC for the Wii U would be a bad idea, I LOVE jock villagers, I find quite a few ugly villagers adorable, and I sometimes quit without saving on purpose just to see Resetti :3c

So, how about everyone else?

grass erosion is the best thing in animal crossing

I would like Marshal better if Nintendo designed him just almost like Jambette.

Wait, does this has to do something about the popular opinions and switch them the other way around? Because the Marshal thing I said was a lie.

Last edited:
I wish that the PWP placing wasn't so picky, like if I want to have a tire toy 1 space behind the jungle gym without it ruining my paths, then I should! Im the mayor after all (yes im talking about you Isabelle)

Black hybrids are stupid because they aren't anywhere near black, they're this hideous maroon color.

I think over-planned towns are restrictive, I hate being in a dream town and being forced by trees/bushes to follow the path. I want to wander!

I like Caroline, but I find Lolly overrated.

I think my town looks better at the dead point than in August.

My preferences in furniture seem to almost match the popular opinion.

I think the full gorgeous floor and wallpaper are hideous.

Crowns are laaaame.

I think over-planned towns are restrictive, I hate being in a dream town and being forced by trees/bushes to follow the path. I want to wander!

I don't like stuffy, over-planned towns either. Especially if they're urban and have very little grass and trees. They just feel dead and sterile. Maybe if there were more villagers walking around town, it wouldn't feel as dead.

I like ponds. I just wish you could do more things with them.

The mermaid-themed rooms look like a cotton candy machine exploded in there. My eyes wouldn't dislike it so much if you could bring the furniture to Cyrus to be ammonite-coloured.

I think most of the modern PWPs are ugly and bland. Why no art deco?

Chrissy and Francine are the ugliest thing ever. Pekoe looks creepy as hell with her human like hair and anime eyes ugh so glad she moved.

I love jock villagers too. My 3rd favorite personality.
Especially Rudy, Lyman, and Antonio. Kid Cat, Stinky, Rory lotta good ones. Peppy villagers are really annoying, don't care for them too much, but I like a few

Lion villagers are really underrated, they're all so cool. All of them in tier 5? Zzzzzzz….

People keep obsessing over the same popular villagers and it really annoys me. Don't get me wrong Zucker is cute, Merengue has a great design, Marshal is almost a dreamy of mine, Skye is a sweetheart. But my problem is that people don't have enough variety. I think it might be the fact that Animal Crossing has such a wide demographic of females that the villagers that are more "cool" than cute aren't as popular, with the few exceptions such as Fang, Chief, and Apollo. I think if we had a larger male demographic villagers like Ken, Elvis, Avery, etc. would be higher tiers.

Piyoko said:
The mermaid-themed rooms look like a cotton candy machine exploded in there. My eyes wouldn't dislike it so much if you could bring the furniture to Cyrus to be ammonite-coloured.

This too! Just marshmallow fluff. And it seems like every house I streetpass has a full-mermaid room. Whyyyy.

Smug villagers are the best type

I hate when people have their towns full of paths and stuff. It doesn't look nice most of the time

Also this

Last edited:
I have favorite villagers but I don't get the point of dream villagers especially since they can just move away after a while, but I do like the popular ones because I can sell them for loads of $$$

Last edited:
I'm a little bothered by the obscene number of bells high-tier villagers sell for, since having Lolly or Marshal in your town isn't actually harder than having Wart Jr. or Annalise. They're like diamonds. This community has made them artificially rare, ascribing value for totally arbitrary reasons. I don't mind when people TT like crazy (it's your game, play however you enjoy it), but it does bother me that TTing by months at a time is so common that people can make millions of bells fairly easily. Makes me feel like the players like me, who prefer taking more of a slow path, will never be able to enjoy trading for higher tier villagers because we don't have 10 million bells just kicking around.

I wish more people were willing to let high-tier villagers go for smaller amounts of money. If you already have all your dreamies, house upgrades, millions of bells, etc., why are you selling your villagers for such exorbitant amounts? What do you need the money for? It'd be fun to see more diversity and more people encountering and keeping cool villagers rather than preselecting them and then collecting. Maybe then people would be more willing to trade for fun and goodwill instead of everyone competing for the same rhinosceros all the time.

(Not trying to sound horrible. Haha. I probably do. I don't blame anyone for liking the popular villagers. I really love Lolly, myself! I just wish there were more of a "yeah, go explore other towns, little cat friend!" mentality rather than a "let's make some BANK" mentality.)

I hate my town during the day. I don't see the appeal in Diana or Beau. A "private beach" is actually really cool and I'm glad I have one. Jocks are actually pretty fun to have around if you take them the right way. The rabbits are all ugly to me. Hmm... Ah, Goldie is the best normal villager imo.

Back