• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Unofficial AC:3DS Information Thread Revamped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, to be honest, I don't really see much value for Animal Crossing to be on the WiiU. It doesn't seem like it would be the right console for it to be on.

I completely agree. The WiiU in my opinion isn't even a standalone console. It's a knockoff Wii smooshed into an Ipad. Nintendo just.. they're losing their touch. Having AC on it wouldn't be any different than having it on the Wii. So I'll just look forward to it being on the 3DS. Unless Nintendo decides to design an actual, new, home console, I won't be interested in anything further.

I completely agree. The WiiU in my opinion isn't even a standalone console. It's a knockoff Wii smooshed into an Ipad. Nintendo just.. they're losing their touch. Having AC on it wouldn't be any different than having it on the Wii. So I'll just look forward to it being on the 3DS. Unless Nintendo decides to design an actual, new, home console, I won't be interested in anything further.

Actually you're wrong. I don't think Nintendo would just release a bland system like that, i think there will be more to the Wii U. So many fans were disappointed when they saw that the Wii wasn't HD, The Wii U will be (that's something to be happy about... right?).
The controller isn't like an iPad, its more so like an upgraded version of the DS/3DS's touch screen.
It will have an HD Media Center-ish thing where you can just watch downloaded Standard and HD videos/movies + pictures.
It will have an online store with DLC "some free, some not", there is a chance full retail games will be download-able
Smash Bros 4 Baby!!!!!!

And as for Animal Crossing Wii U

-It would have much better graphics,
-It would be improved from the 3DS version,
-It would have better sound,
-The inventory would be on the tablet controller,
-You would be able to design patterns on the tablet controller +more,
-There would be download-able content,
-Whenever someone needs the TV you could just switch to the controller (happens ""A lot""),
-It would have voice chat through the controllers mic, (and maybe even video chat)
-The Wii U will be powerful so it could handle a lot of content
Such as the ideas we posted in the "things they should have in AC3DS" thread (there are so many ideas that it would be able to create a whole new wild world!... Okay no, it would be able to create another fun packed Animal Crossing.)

Actually you're wrong.

Honestly, I'm not interested in anything Nintendo is promising it will have. It's still NOT a console. It's an add on for the Wii.
I'm sorry that it upset you so badly, but really don't buy into the crap you read. Regardless of anything, it's still not a console. It's not the next generation for Nintendo, it's still Wii focused. That being said, any "games" it'll have will be Wii games. It'll still run on the Wii's hardware.

and it's taken a good few years for AC to come to the 3DS. By the time they make a new one, if they do, Nintendo will have dropped all the Wii crap and moved on. Hopefully. lol

Honestly, I'm not interested in anything Nintendo is promising it will have. It's still NOT a console. It's an add on for the Wii.
I'm sorry that it upset you so badly, but really don't buy into the crap you read. Regardless of anything, it's still not a console. It's not the next generation for Nintendo, it's still Wii focused. That being said, any "games" it'll have will be Wii games. It'll still run on the Wii's hardware.

and it's taken a good few years for AC to come to the 3DS. By the time they make a new one, if they do, Nintendo will have dropped all the Wii crap and moved on. Hopefully. lol

Boy, you must be Trollin'!
I ain't upset!. The Wii U is a completely different console... None of the Wii U games will run on Wii... Now, Wii games will be able to run on the Wii U! I've been following Wii U news before the console was even announced, i know every piece of information released on the Wii U and i must say, its going to be epic. I don't see why everyone thinks its just a controller or an Add on.

They clearly showed the smooth new console in the video at E3 (which i have watched.) Everyone thought the 3DS was another DS add on when it was clearly a new console, just cause of the name... and now the same thing is happening with the Wii U. Perhaps that's the reason why Nintendo's considering changing the name.
1.jpg

wiiu.jpg

I kinda agree with you on the Animal Crossing part though.
Maybe by the time they'd release a new Animal Crossing for Wii U they'd have another new home console.

The name does throw a lot of people off. My opinion is still the same though, unless they can show off something really, really, really different at E3 this year I'm not going to be interested in it. I also didn't know about it having a console, I was under the impression it was just the screen controller thing that hooked into the Wii. Again, Nintendo should consider changing the name, because it's really unoriginal and just silly. lol

Thanks for clearing that up though, I am glad I was wrong on those things. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it looks.

The name does throw a lot of people off. My opinion is still the same though, unless they can show off something really, really, really different at E3 this year I'm not going to be interested in it. I also didn't know about it having a console, I was under the impression it was just the screen controller thing that hooked into the Wii. Again, Nintendo should consider changing the name, because it's really unoriginal and just silly. lol

Thanks for clearing that up though, I am glad I was wrong on those things. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it looks.

NP and i completely agree, what they showed last E3 was very misleading for many people. Hopefully they clear things up for people, such as showing more of the console, and change the name. I'm okay with the name but i think they'd be better off changing it.

I hope they do more with the wii u version of AC then they did with CF.

My thoughts exactly. But i did enjoy city folk a lot.

I hope they do more with the wii u version of AC then they did with CF.

I agree. It would be nice to see more features, course, it's better for Animal Crossing on the 3DS to be releashed before discussing the WiiU Version.

With Kid Icarus Uprising out of the way, hopefully we can get some information on AC:3DS, and maybe Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario 3DS as well.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same, or maybe we'll have to wait a little after fire emblems release.

With Kid Icarus Uprising out of the way, hopefully we can get some information on AC:3DS, and maybe Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario 3DS as well.

That would be nice. I'm tired of hearing Kid Icarus this and Kid Icarus that.....GIVE ME MY ANIMAL CROSSING :D

That may be if you are into that type of game. Unfortunately, I am older, so these type of games don't impress me anymore. I was at GameStop today, and the guy is at least saying that the new date is an estimate, instead of trying to tell me that it is the "official date." They know as well as I do that there is no date yet. I just hope it comes out before I go on vacation in August.

I agree though, Kid Icarus was definitely one I was excited about (not as much as AC though!). Though I'm happy that now at least Nintendo doesn't have an excuse anymore to avoid spilling the beans for some animal crossing goodness!

That may be if you are into that type of game. Unfortunately, I am older, so these type of games don't impress me anymore.

I know how you feel on that part. I probably wouldn't have been excited over Kid Icarus even if I were younger, but most new games coming out, especially from Nintendo, just seem.. eh. Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS look really nice, though. Pretty pumped for those. As for AC, the further I go without news, the less I'm interested in it. Right now, I really don't give a crap anymore. XD

oh, I care about AC...I just don't care about anything else. Most other games are shoot em, fight em games, and I just don't like that kind of game. I finally got to the end boss on Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I had it on the 64, gamecube, and now 3DS and this is the first time I got that far) and I lost interest because I was tired of beating up the poor guy. Being older, I just do not like to have what I can consider violent games. I like puzzle games, but good ones are hard to find. I am thinking about getting Crush 3D, but haven't had the money to do so. At least I have AC paid for for two copies, one of me and one for ds-11. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be able to get it when I wanted to.

I pulled my pre-order from Gamestop!
My excuse was that I was tired of waiting and found something else to spend my money on.
I am still looking forward to AC3DS but I'm gonna wait now for an officail date to be set.

I'm 29 now and officially still love certain games.

Not a big fighter game fan, I do love Pokemon and Digimon games.
I like Dragon Quest games too..
I own Dragon Quest IX and Dragon Quest Joker.

Otherwise I more into cute/relaxed play games.

Yeah, I never got into the Digimon/Pokemon games. I won't pull my Pre-order because I will not be able to purchase two copies at the same time when it does come out if I do. I just hope it comes out before I go on vacation in August. :)

Yeah, I never got into the Digimon/Pokemon games. I won't pull my Pre-order because I will not be able to purchase two copies at the same time when it does come out if I do. I just hope it comes out before I go on vacation in August. :)

Yeah I hear ya.
I'm going to get mine re-ordered when more information comes in but I'm going to EB Games next time.
I hope Gamestop gets their act together because I never had the "Pre-order false release date issue" before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back