• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

Today, I just find out that you can actually give Celeste star fragments and she will tell you something about them. I met her so often on my island, yet never knew that this is possible.

So that's what she meant by asking her to tell you stories about the constellations! Who'd have thought to save them to give to her?

til just how much faster cataloging can be done if you use the four corner's method instead of walking to each item and picking it up!
four corners: you stand in the center of four cataloging items and instead of walking, you just turn your character and rapidly pick up all the items, then move to another four square and do it again.

OO
_X
OO

much more efficient than

X -> O X-> O X-> O

Today I learned that if a visitor come to your island, the furnitures which you put outdoor and not in leaf form cannot be put back into your pocket when the visitor is here. I had to make the trader visited once again. I am really thankful for the trader’s patience.

Pressing the “-“ sign can directly take you back to your island if your on someone else’s island lol

I earned the Nook Miles for popping over 300 balloons - and then saw a Golden balloon. It had the recipe for a Golden Slingshot.

This is embarrassing but I’ve been playing for two months now and I only figured out today how to edit and move around stuff on my interior walls using the editor (toggle on your options!!!). Before I had to just position myself just right over and over to throw it correct on my wall. This is... way easier

Reactions: hzl
According to this thread, that villagers craft at three different time slots throughout the day. I honestly thought that it was only once.

I try to always visit my villagers everyday at least once, but now I know I should be doing it at least three times in during different times to get the most DIYs out of it.

Yesterday I learned the art room expands on your donations like the fish and bug rooms do. Spike sent me a real warrior statue yesterday, and when I put it in the museum a bunch of little ones appeared along with it.

I also learned when you place a partially transparent pattern over a path, you can see the shape of the path's tiles/bricks/etc in the pattern. Might be useful if you ever wanted to paint your paths a different color.
EY2AI3KUYAEd3VV

I recently learned you can just kick the dirt back in a hole you dig! So much easier since I finding digging accurately challenging lol

Today (or last night rather), I learned that hitting Wisp with a net will prompt him to talk with you and the entire sequence of finding his ghost pieces will commence. After that, hitting him with a net again will prompt him to say that you should be looking for his pieces, and that he's not one of them :LOL:

today i leaned that if you point the camera at kicks and wait he'll flip a coin it's so freaking cute! i adore kicks so much and i really miss him having a permanent shop where i can see him/talk to him everyday.

I wore zori slippers today and noticed something. It makes different footstep noises whenever I walk. The sounds play when I'm walking on hard surfaces such as dirt paths, inclines, and the plaza. However, the sound is absent when walking on grass or sand!

It's more of an exclusive thing on my island. I thought I would look up my villagers on nookipedia. Turns out I sorta pulled a Smash Bros. everyone is here without even knowing! I'm only counting the 5 main games and not the spinoffs.

Those who made their debut in the first Animal Crossing are Patty, Carrie, Rocco, Gruff, Bea, and Queenie!

The one villager who debuted in Wild World is Stitches!

The lonely villager who debuted in City Folk is Sterling!

The single villager who debuted in New Leaf is Diva!

And lastly, the only villager who debuted in New Horizons is Raymond (obviously)!

The veteran villagers that have appeared through all five games are Patty, Rocco, and Queenie!

I'm not sure if this information is accurate so take it with a pinch of salt. But dang, did this make me happy when I found out! It's like old meets new haha.

Today I learned that you can buy 100 Nook Miles Ticket for 100 TBT on here. :oops: That price dropped quickly...

Apparently it can snow in autumn? It's very light snow, but it's definitely snow. First snow of the year!

Edit: the music changes slightly while it's snowing! It has bells! And there's also a mist above the river, it's really pretty!

Last edited:
Back