• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

I learned that if you double tap the A button while crafting items, you can speed it up! I always thought that it couldn’t speed up because when I tried I would always hit the B button instead :)

Today I learned complaining to Isabelle about a resident's clothes won't remove the outfit from their wardrobe. It will simply make them change into their default outfit for a bit until they decide to change to something else in their wardrobe again.

I complained about Julian's clothes, went to his house, saw he had gone back to his default shirt, checked his wardrobe and saw the shirt I gave him was still there. Within the next hour he was wearing said shirt again as if nothing happened.

Don't know if it's a glitch but it sure does seem like a pointless feature.
Wait, how do you check their wardrobe? :eek:

Your villagers can send you fake art in the mail 😭

Why did you do this to me Graham?!
Post automatically merged:

I only learned today that holding down the [o] button records a video.. crying from all the missed opportunities...

and if you place a frog down you can hear it ribbit!

That works on nearly all Switch games, so you know. It's a Switch feature, and not a New Horizons feature.

Last edited:
Today I learned, if a villager has left your island, he/she will leave an item from their house inside the box at resident service as a memento for you.
It made me sad when I accidentally found a scorpio lamp from Julian :(

Last edited:
Today I learned you can use the recycle bin at resident services to store trees you've dug up. Can't put em in house storage, but u can fit 'em there.
WOW! Now we just have to find out if they stay there or disappear eventually

I learned that if you take a long break from playing (over two weeks) when you walk out your house your character will yawn and their hair will be messy and you will quickly restyle it back to how it was. Thought that was cute.

How do you put anything in the recycle bin?? I could only ever taking things out of it.

Like so. It does require a 2nd resident on your island + a 2nd controller, but I think it's neato. I wouldn't really recommend this user btw. As they tend to use hacks, but this method isn't hacking.

Oh right, I keep forgetting about these:
- When you're placing fences, you'll keep being able to build it until you've used the whole individual stack and not all the fence of that type you have in your inventory! Discovered this when I grabbed 4 pieces of fence one by one and tried building them all before stacking them.
- aand i forgot the 2nd one again sghxbjd i hope i can remember it someday

I only learned today that holding down the [o] button records a video.. crying from all the missed opportunities...

and if you place a frog down you can hear it ribbit!

If you didn't realize yet, it also records the last 30 seconds actually. Very helpful if you ever want to reread something. :)

Villagers sometimes sing in their houses. Moe was singing Two Days Ago in his home, which is his song in this game instead of his previous, KK Ragtime. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Would love to hear of others who have.

Today I learned that three villagers craft in a day, not two as I assumed. :oops:

Edit: Or is it every 3 hours? Google confuses me...

WOW! Now we just have to find out if they stay there or disappear eventually

I think the stuff stays in there indefinitely until it gets full. Then the older stuff gets deleted first.
Post automatically merged:

Today I learned that three villagers craft in a day, not two as I assumed. :oops:

Edit: Or is it every 3 hours? Google confuses me...

I think both. 3 per day, and each session lasts 3 hours.

Back