• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

I learned about pitfall seeds...

And realized that it's the same thing that happened to me when I accidentally pole vault into a hole that I had dug.

Reference: I was on a Mystery Island to catch tarantulas and I had dug up an awkward section of the island to keep away bug spawns.

It worked, but then I forgot that I had dug all those holes and so when I pole vaulted over, I fell into a hole.

34AB980D-D2BA-4C4E-A590-AF0F2AC1F7F5.jpeg

TIL: Butch (and many more) have the cutest little paw feet’s. ITS SO ADORABLE.

I played online for the first time today and when I came back to my island ... chemtrails !!!
(also flowers don't grow on the beach)
Last night, when I came home from visiting a friend, Sally was on the beach with her back to the camera and looking up. For a minute, I thought she saw a shooting star, but when I talked to her, she said that "someone has left airplane trails over our island".

Today I learned that if a visitor is around, my villagers will not have any reactions towards the reaction I did.
Usually when I do the "flourish" reaction, my nearby villagers will either clap or do the same thing as I did, but when visitors come, they just ignore the reaction. Dom do not react anything when I did that reaction 4 times in front of him. :ROFLMAO:

Today I learned that if a visitor is around, my villagers will not have any reactions towards the reaction I did.
Usually when I do the "flourish" reaction, my nearby villagers will either clap or do the same thing as I did, but when visitors come, they just ignore the reaction. Dom do not react anything when I did that reaction 4 times in front of him. :ROFLMAO:

this is interesting!

Today I learned that if you have a close relationship with a villager and they're singing, they are very likely to respond positively if you clap or do some other positive Reaction and they will also likely continue singing.

On the other hand, if it's a newer villager, they are more likely to stop singing and leave altogether and it doesn't matter if you're encouraging them or not.

Fuchsia, Beau, and Sylvana started singing and when I did the Glee Reaction, Fuchsia and Beau paused to smile and continued singing while Sylvana, my newest, stopped.

I later caught Sylvana singing and when I got too close to her, she left again.

This is the same behavior I had noticed with Fuchsia when we were still building our friendship, but didn't think much about it until now.

Back