• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

This is why I dislike Audie now. She exercises more than my jock villager. Maybe she should change her personality into a jock.

I don’t mind it actually. It kinda makes sense for Peppy villagers to have fitness as a hobby considering they are always so full of energy. To each their own though.

Only learned yesterday that you can dig up money trees and move them. I wanted to move a sapling a bit further away from a plot I was planning for a new rose garden and figured I was foregoing the bells the sapling bell tree would yield later. Pleasantly surprised to learn that isn't the case.

TIL that when you craft them, the DIY cards not only get a checkmark but they also apparently become shiny! I never noticed, learned it in a thread here, and will probably go check as soon as I open my game again xD

TIL that when you craft them, the DIY cards not only get a checkmark but they also apparently become shiny! I never noticed, learned it in a thread here, and will probably go check as soon as I open my game again xD
I had to check myself after seeing that DIY thread. They’re little acorns that turn from pale dark to pale light when you’ve crafted ‘em

Today I learned that if you reached max capacity w/ villagers & invite an amiibo card, they have to visit your island 3 times before making the decision to move in & giving you the choice who to move out. Not sure if this is the case for all players though !

today i learnt how to get all the golden tools - asides from the slingshot and assuming about the rod and net, i had no idea lol

I learned that a shovel will never break while hitting a rock for materials or bells. I kept crafting a fresh shovel every day for hitting rocks because I was afraid they would break in the middle of hitting a rock, but I did some testing and found out that wasn't necessary. So I think it's a good idea to have a separate shovel just for hitting rocks because it will never break if you only use it for that while the durability of your "digging" shovel won't be reduced if you don't use it on rocks.

today i learnt how to get all the golden tools - asides from the slingshot and assuming about the rod and net, i had no idea lol
So no one has to Google:
Axe: DIY comes to you after you break 100 axes (stone or regular)
Shovel: Help Gulliver 30 times (tracked via Nook Miles achievement square)
Watering Can: Isabelle gives it to you when you receive your first five star rating

Another subtle detail I noticed while playing. While I pulled up my phone in Redd's ship, I noticed that there was a glowing effect around the phone UI. Outside, however, it's totally absent. It seems like the glowing effect will occur if you're in dark areas. The intensity seems to differ too if you're in your house with all the lights off, but still have the blinds open to let the sun in.

Today I learned that if you reached max capacity w/ villagers & invite an amiibo card, they have to visit your island 3 times before making the decision to move in & giving you the choice who to move out. Not sure if this is the case for all players though !

All amiibos work like that on purpose. If you have a normal camper they can also kick someone out randomly, you can close the game and retry it until you get the villager you want removed. :)

today i learned that your villager's legs are adjusted if they're standing on different elevations! o:
4c7721fc85.png

iirc it works for inclines, too~

this is something I learned a couple of days ago, but I just wanted to give a PSA:

all mom's and gulliver's furniture items are CUSTOMISABLE (provided they have variations).
I see tons of shops in nook's cranny every day selling mom's/gulliver stuff and almost every time they separately list the colours, and I was also under the impression that they weren't customisable until very recently despite the fact that I deliberately went out of my way to collect them all ;;

I also believe birthday items are customisable and I was really shocked to find out just how much store-bought stuff can be customised too. like you still have to buy the different variants but they'll let you recolour the mattress on a bed etc. super rad.
possibly obvious to people who have actually done interior decoration already lol

today i learned that the jewel beetle is valuable,,,, ive scared so many of them off :c

today i learned that when you wand-egister an outfit you are wearing, you revert back into your skivvies after you close the menu :LOL:

It’s probably obvious to people who have been playing longer than me, but learned a couple of days ago that you only get the best friends app when you have someone visit your island. If you are visiting someone else’s island first, you won’t get the app, and you won’t show up in their friends list.

Back