• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Time Zones

OswinOswald

Bells
Switch
1920-3285-9320
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
I have always been lucky to have lived in Eastern Time, where most of the TBT events seem to be centered.
For all of you whole live in other parts of the world - how have you been keeping track?
The biggest problem for me right now is that I'm travelling, and silly me, my TBT clock is set to Eastern Time, but I don't have a wristwatch to keep track of my home time zone and my cell phone is set to a totally different time zone. I'm 11 hours off and it would be much easier if I were 12 hours off, because I keep messing up the conversion! There's probably a simple answer, like changing my TBT clock, but then I will lose track of "Fair Time", so to speak. I miss having the fair time clock in the site banner!
Post automatically merged:

This is also where I will complain about daylight savings time. Maybe this was useful in the past, but now it just makes everything more confusing!

Last edited:
I'm 12 hours ahead of EST, so I'm grateful that the conversion is easy. Occasionally when I go to visit family, its more of a weird number, but I think that after 8 years of being here, I'm just kind of used to automatically converting to other countries times.
The more difficult part for me has been organising trades, and participating in time-based events such as the gaming station, or the start of certain events.

Because I know I live in an unpopular time zone, I normally just offer to meet people at their time for trades and such, and I've stayed up to 2 or 3, or woken up at 5am plenty of times to participate in things! 😆

I am 6 hours ahead with CET timezone. It's a bit annoying because all the events start or end in the evening when it's really late for me but I will not force myself to stay awake for this.
It's easy to calculate the times because it's 6 hours :)

I'm also jetlagged, and my family is in the Pacific time zone so I'm trying to keep track of when I can communicate with them too. I don't know what day it is anymore lol

I’m 3 hours behind Eastern time so it’s relatively easy for me to keep track, I just have to double check deadlines a lot for events like this

Agreed, Daylight Saving time is a pain because I have to try to remember if I’m UTC-6 or UTC-5. I do appreciate that extra hour of sunlight though o3o

Australian timezones are painful. I’m gonna be honest, I really don’t keep track and just try to remember what time of day events end. I was able to keep up with doing that last Halloween but not so much for camp this year. It also really sucks when I’m about to go to bed and every server is saying good morning and I feel so out of place 😔

My time zone is MDT, so only 2 hours behind EDT. It's pretty easy for me to figure out what my time is in relation to other time zones in North America these days, though I have to think a bit for any time zones outside of it.

I'm CST, and can calculate most time zones pretty well.

DST (daylight savings time) is garbage though and should have been nonexistent ages ago.

I’m also CST (one hour behind EST), and time zone calculations have been pretty easy for me. (UK is 6 hours ahead, LA is 2 hours behind, easy stuff) Daylight savings time is a pain in the neck and I wish it didn’t exist. (I do like the extra hour of sleep you get in the Fall though)

I'm on Central Time (GMT-6). Right now it's GMT-5 due to Daylight Savings, but by default, we're GMT-6.

I live in the UK and automatically add 5hrs in my head to keep track of TBT events. It's not even a conscious effort anymore. This is why some of my events will start/end at unusual times (e.g. The Master of Disguise and The Spirit Tree during The Ghostly Glade event, which rolled over at 5AM EST each day but 10AM for me).

I live in Arizona which doesn't acknowledge Daylight Savings Time(except for the Navajo Nation).We are officially in the Mountain Time Zone but for the autumn/winter months we are in the Pacific Time Zone.Geez,this state is so edgy and rebellious......heh.

I'm in EST, so I'm grateful to be able to have events start when I'm active and not asleep lol

I am a fellow resident of the Eastern Time Zone. I generally like this, though sometimes it's annoying because most of the people who I watch stream are usually in the Pacific Time Zone and they'll start later in the day since they're three hours behind Eastern Time.

I'd also like to join you in your complaints about Daylight Savings Time. I'm more fond of Standard time since I'm more of a night owl by my nature and prefer the night to come sooner, especially in the Autumn months. I don't really like the idea people have had to make Daylight Savings Time permanent.

I make it obvious, but I live in Pacific time. Sometimes it sucks during events because they’ll start while I’m still babysitting.

My time zone is CET and I'm always salty that stuff starts at around 1am for me haha ^^ Conversion is easy with the 6 hour gap.

I have always been lucky to have lived in Eastern Time, where most of the TBT events seem to be centered.
For all of you whole live in other parts of the world - how have you been keeping track?
The biggest problem for me right now is that I'm travelling, and silly me, my TBT clock is set to Eastern Time, but I don't have a wristwatch to keep track of my home time zone and my cell phone is set to a totally different time zone. I'm 11 hours off and it would be much easier if I were 12 hours off, because I keep messing up the conversion! There's probably a simple answer, like changing my TBT clock, but then I will lose track of "Fair Time", so to speak. I miss having the fair time clock in the site banner!
Post automatically merged:

This is also where I will complain about daylight savings time. Maybe this was useful in the past, but now it just makes everything more confusing!
I used to live in EST, which yeah, that's when most of TBT events are centered.

Then I moved in MST about 2 months ago. I've missed a few gaming station things I've set reminders for because I forget to account for time zone differences.

I have no idea how people in Europe deal with it.

Back