• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Thoughts on Sanrio Villagers??

Opinion on Sanrio Characters?

• I have one

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • I have multiple

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • I want one or multiple

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • I have none and don't want any

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • They're awesome / adorable!

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • They're okay / any other villager / not my personal cup of tea

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • I don't like them for whatever reason

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I only like some villagers

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • I only want the Sanrio items

Votes: 26 23.4%

• Total voters
I think they are very cute. Chai is my favourite since I love Cinnamoroll. When I was playing New Leaf, I had Chai in my town for months, so she kinda has a special place in my heart.

Everyone else is great as well. I would say my second favourite is Marty :3

I don't have anyone currently. But with my Fairycore theme, I did have Chelsea.

I voted awesome/adorable.

I think the furniture sets are some of the very best in the game, and I love how well each villager goes with their furniture items and how cohesive the furniture set looks in their homes. The Kerokerokeroppi, Kiki & Lala, Cinnamoroll, and Pompompurin furniture are my favorite sets, in that order. I like about half of the stuff in the My Melody set. The Hello Kitty set is the only furniture set I don't care for, which is ironic because that's the only Sanrio franchise I'm even remotely familiar with in real life.

As far as the villagers go, I think Etoile, Rilla, and Marty are all awesome.
I love Etoile's purple and pink coloring and all the rainbow pieces in her wool. My next favorite is actually Rilla - I thought she was hideous at first, but once I scanned her Amiibo card and saw her in-game I found her absolutely hilarious. She's got her cute bow and blonde hair and sparkly eyes, but then she turns around and you see her bare baboon butt. Poor Rilla - she's trying so hard and so enthusiastically but just isn't quite making it. I know a lot of people were really disappointed that the Hello Kitty character was a Gorilla, but I think they likely did it because there are so few really good Gorillas and they wanted to try and make a quality one of those rather than the zillionth adorable cat. Rilla's one of only 2 Gorillas I really like (the other is Hans). Marty is also quite cute, he's like some adorable cross between a stuffed animal and the Pillsbury doughboy.

I love Chai's colors and her teacup. However, I think if I'm going to have a teacup themed elephant I'm more likely to go for Tia over Chai. If Tia didn't exist I'd be a lot more likely to have Chai around. Toby is another of the villagers I liked more once I'd scanned him and seen him in game. He's not a frog, but yet he comes across as so frog-like. I love his expressions and how his hair is parted around his eye.

The only one of the villager I don't care for much is Chelsea, and I can't even put my finger on why, she just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:
They were a great idea during the New Leaf titles as it was a added bonus to the welcome amiibo.

I feel there made redundant in New Horizons But mainly because there was such variety of new items and features, sanrio was a new idea during NL but as NH came out the features of it were older and less popular.

I do not like their designs one bit. Excluding Marty and the purple sheep, I feel like they went out of their way to make them unlikable. I know it sounds harsh but i strongly dislike their designs. I feel like they could have done so much more with them, the possibilities for cuteness were infinite! They were a total disappointment for me. I did get the cards in the end because the items are adorable.

Last edited:
I don't really like them or any other "promotional" villager, they just feel off to me.

I don't have them or particularly care for them. Their designs are rather ridiculous to me. The only one I like is Marty and there are plenty of other lazies that have better designs. The ugliest one is Rilla. As the Hello Kitty rep, you'd think they'd go with a cat villager instead of the ugliest animal villager specie but...hey, its too late to complain about that "creative decision" now.

I only like Marty. I did move him in but he’s since moved out. They’re just not for me.

I think a lot of them are cute but I agree with others sentiment, not for my island. They could fit into kidcore islands!

Yeah, they're cute just not for me. I kind of wish they went the Zelda route and just made the characters. I don't like any of their designs but I like a lot of the items. I don't use a lot though because I feel like it's a choice to use branded item and I don't want to commit to it.

They be really cute! (But always forever disappointed they made the hello kitty villager a gorilla 😬). Like a lot of other people here, I'm not sure if I could see them living in my town - I've already got the items I want from trading anyway.

I think Marty is the best, and fits with the look of acnh the most. he is simple yet cute but, I won't get him because I don't love the cub species and I already have a lazy I love. but I think getting them on my NL town might be a possiblity (but I never play soo)

i don’t have a favourite sanrio character, nor do i really care for them, but i’ve had all 6 sanrio villagers on my island and i think they’re great! marty is definitely my favourite out of all of them, but i like them all. their designs and furniture are super cute, and i’m glad that i got to experience them. :)

I found the amiibo cards for the Sanrio villagers and invited them all over time and earned their photos, posters, and other items. Right now, I don't have any of them but I think they are cute. I enjoyed having Toby on my Japanese island. I had Marty and Rilla on my main island. Whenever I'm in the mood for a cute pastel theme, I usually invite Chelsea since I think she is cute and I love her house. Etoile is also cute and Chai is fun. The items are nice to have access to even if the villagers aren't on the island.

They're very cute and I can see them fitting into a fairytale, kiddie, or pastel aesthetics theme, but I'd rather have the "regular" villagers on my island since they don't get as much targeted love. The items were the best part (all the cuteness of their decorations and vibes without the villagers to take up residential space), and were the reason why I grabbed some of the Amiibos!

I have Étoile, and she's really cute. The rest besides Rilla are also cute. I especially like Marty, but I hate all the butts.

Back