• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you didn't know about forever?

Can't think of anything specific today, but this thread is such fun! So many new discoveries to make from other folks' observations. I learned so much (and have probably forgotten about half of it) about New Leaf "back in the day." So for those of you who are new to ACNL, enjoy!

This is only tangentially related to NL, but i learned about using L or R to sprint pretty early on...

In 2019 I got rly into Wild World again after barely playing since like 2008, and decided to try L/R... and discovered that L/R let you sprint in THAT game too... My whole childhood, I never knew

This is only tangentially related to NL, but i learned about using L or R to sprint pretty early on...

In 2019 I got rly into Wild World again after barely playing since like 2008, and decided to try L/R... and discovered that L/R let you sprint in THAT game too... My whole childhood, I never knew
This took me quite a while as well. This would’ve been so useful early on. Accidentally picking up patterns using the “B” button to run was an absolute pain.

when you go to the rv campsite at night and the fire is burning, if you press a your character will do a little dance. i thought they just held their hands near the fire, since they always did that for me, but how did i just find out about this after 5 years?!

I seriously didn't know that villagers could get sick in NL...or at least they could before Welcome Amiibo. I can't remember them ever getting sick in pre-WA days, but maybe that's because I was a bad friend to them and like never visited them when they were in their houses.

I didn’t know that you could get normal furniture from balloon presents if you have the whole series cataloged for the first two years i played acnl, and i only recently realized that harv’s shop items can show up in your balloon presents or in trees every now and then. I got a iron garden chair and a platform recently.

I also didn’t know until about a week ago that the game can start to glitch where a tree can only have two fruits on them. I first saw it on april fools day and I thought blanca did it for the longest time.

Just a small one-
Can't believe it took me 8 years to realize that the pricing for all the Halloween masks are the date for the holiday itself- 1,031 bells (10/31)

If you're wearing something that covers your face, Uchi villagers won't give you medicine for your bee stings (because they can't see it).

(If anyone doesn't know, Uchi villagers will give you medicine if you talk to them when your face is swollen from bee stings. They do it once a day.)

I didn't know until kinda later in the game that you could stack fruit, you just had to drag it together.

That the SILVER AXE EXISTS? For so long I wanted super cute stumps in my town but I was never lucky enough to get them naturally... THEN THE SILVER AXE CAME ALONG AND SAVED ME! Also I wondered how Crystal Dreams had super cute flowers all over her Tortimer's Island but never hacked, you can put flowers in your hair and ONE BY ONE 😭 take them to the island. Thats the easiest way to bring hybrid flowers to the island. Oh and finally that your other player characters have extra pattern slots so I had another use for them!

Although I already knew that every public work must be at least 2 squares away from any other building, today I discovered that this also applies to bridges. I built a flower arch one square away from the river, and wanted to build a bridge right after the arch. Too bad I couldn't do it because the bridge was counted as a building... 😔

I learned this several days ago, fertilizer can revive dead perfect fruit trees to have their perfect fruit back.

This whole time I've been reviving dead perfect fruit trees by re-growing a perfect fruit that fell off from the dead tree.

Mushrooms can apparently spawn outside of November, yesterday I found a mushroom in my town. o_O
No, I don’t have time travel.
Yes, I have the time in my game set to the same time as in real life.

I learned this several days ago, fertilizer can revive dead perfect fruit trees to have their perfect fruit back.

This whole time I've been reviving dead perfect fruit trees by re-growing a perfect fruit that fell off from the dead tree.
Ooh I thought it only regrew them to grow normal fruit but I might be wrong.

Now thats new for me too. That fertilizer is powerful then

It took me a while to find out villagers could sit on items like chairs or couches inside their houses, once i got in Henry's house and he was on his toilet XD i wish they had more interactions with the furnitures and pwps like in Pocket Camp!

The thing about Lyle's gossiping once certain events occur. I've been playing NL for years and I didn't even know about it until @/Mr_Keroppi made a post about it.

Back